Shortcuts

List of coming Flight sims.

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 Posted: Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:33 AM

If you are a flight sim fan heres a few new and coming games you might want to look out for.

(If you are a flight sims fan you are going to be excited for next year.)

Tom clancy's Hawx 2

If you are want to fly in a wide range of modern jets, from the russian Su-47 berkut to the american f22 raptor, then you might want to try hawx 2. A new air to ground attack system has been created, use a c- 130 hercules  or a uav for ground attack missions. Do aerial refueling, bombing runs, or the main reason you play, dog fights. See who can realy play and who are just cry babes. Comes out September 7th, if you pre order you might get exclusive items (different depending on where you buy). comes out for pc , xbox, wii, and ps3.

Microsoft Flight

The classic flight sim is back......well coming back. Pretty much nothing has been shown yet except for the bad trailer, but loving all the old microsoft flight simulator i am hoping this will be just as fun. The release date is said to be some time next year ( could be longer).

Rise of flight

Heres a special flight sim. If you like ww1 aircraft or just want to try a unique flight sim try this game out.Try the royal airforce's Sopwith Camel or red barron's Fokker Dr.I. Havnt played it yet, but seems pretty cool. There is a 14 day demo if you would like to try it, planing to try it out later.

Ace combat: Assault horizon

Ace combat series is coming back next year. Been a few years since they made one for the console, but from the gameplay trailer it seems worth the wait. The developers seem to have raised the bar for future flight sims, having created much more tactical and engaging dog fights. Hoping to see more news on this game in the coming months.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:52 AM

Also the company aerosoft is releasing a few more expansions to flight simulator x. Havnt tried any of their games, but was thinking of trying the f16 expansion.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 24,255
digitaldd replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:37 AM

Anyone ever try FlightGear? its an open source flight sim.

http://www.flightgear.org/

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:12 PM

No but i will now

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,371
Points 80,285

I have never been a big fan of Flight Sims... I prefer the real thing... Though I do like the Ace combat games... 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:38 PM

well flight sims give you the fake feeling that you can fly a jet. also some give you basic knowledge of flying.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 447
Points 5,270

I'm looking forward to HAWX 2.  I liked t he demo of the 1st one, but many reviews said the full game had some problems and wore out its welcome.  Seems like for the 2nd one they've gone back and ironed out the wrinkles.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:55 PM

fat78:

Tom clancy's Hawx 2

If you are want to fly in a wide range of modern jets, from the russian Su-47 berkut to the american f22 raptor, then you might want to try hawx 2. A new air to ground attack system has been created, use a c- 130 hercules  or a uav for ground attack missions. Do aerial refueling, bombing runs, or the main reason you play, dog fights. See who can realy play and who are just cry babes. Comes out September 7th, if you pre order you might get exclusive items (different depending on where you buy). comes out for pc , xbox, wii, and ps3.

WTF, HAWX ain't a flight simulator. It's an arcade flight game...

Tongue Tied

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS