HotHardware Video Podcast – Aug. 27, 2010

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,805
Points 1,164,530
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 27 2010 3:07 PM

HotHardware and TechVi Video Podcast - Mar. 5, 2010After a short hiatus, we’re finally back again this week with a brand new video podcast to talk about some recent developments in the hardware and technology scenes. Topics in this episode include Intel’s dual-core Atom D525 and Core i7 970 netbook and desktop processors, AMD’s upcoming low-power Bobcat and high-end Bulldozer CPU microarchitectures, Apple’s scary patent application, a peek of the Dell Streak, and more…

Show Notes:
0:20 - Intel Atom D525 Dual-Core Processor
2:56 - AMD Bobcat and Bulldozer CPU Microarchitecture
5:32 - Intel Core i7-970 Processor Review, Lower Cost 6-Core
7:54 - Apple's Scary Patent Application
11:55 - Dell Streak Sneak Peek
12:37 - NVIDIA and HH Just Cause 2 Giveaway, Just Cuz
13:11 - HH and MSI Lazy Days Of Summer Sweepstakes

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 4:22 PM

would love to see bulldozer processor and just another reason not to buy apple.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,772
Points 40,510
Inspector replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 5:37 PM

Finally another one! what took so long to get another one up?

LOL why would a good guy be hacking :P.

Another great podcast!(lol it cut off at the end :D and Marco said /.hothardware :P)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 6:56 PM

Very nice, as usual.

A couple of notes:

1. Apple filed for their patent in Feb. of 2009, so it's not really a reaction to the legalization of jailbreaking.

2. Please throw the ads into iframes so that they can be reloaded periodically without refreshing the entire page. It's annoying when watching the video.

You know what's really stupid about these software patents?  They don't even have to prove they can do whatever sci-fi idea they patent.  And, even when the idea is easily accomplish-able, you can get sued for independent discovery and development of the same idea.

The jet engine was developed independently in two countries, as two separate implementations, at the same time in history.  So, who the hell can say that something as simple as an app that turns on your webcam is worthy of patent protection?

Keep making the vids - very entertaining for us geeks.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,356
Points 48,595
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 7:08 PM

@3vi1 - Yeah, that's what happens when I ramble without a script. :) I was just trying give some context.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 7:23 PM

Marco C:

@3vi1 - Yeah, that's what happens when I ramble without a script. :) I was just trying give some context.

Heh - You didn't outright say it was a reaction:  I was just pointing that out for anyone who might have inferred that from the context. :)

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS