Power Supply Needs Random Jumping

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Points 1,870
imAcpufan Posted: Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:38 PM

I've got a Corsair TX750 power supply.  It normally runs great, except every so often it will not power on when I hit my case's power button.  My solution is to jump the black and green pins on the motherboard power connector until the system flickers back on. It then works for a random time until I have to jump it again. 

My case (Coolermaster Cosmos S) has a unique touch power button with a connector/adapter that goes on the end of the motherboard power cable.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and whether it's the power supply acting up or maybe the power cable not grounding properly.

btw My current motherboard is a Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P...but I experienced this problem while using another motherboard as well, so I don't think it's any issue with the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz - Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P - 4GB Corsair DDR2-1066

BFG GTX 260 - Creative Audigy 2 ZS - CM Cosmos S Case

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,361
Points 48,665
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 3:27 PM

I had the same problem with my Cosmos S, and ended up getting rid of it.  It's not a problem with the power supply, but rather the touch-sensitive power button on the case (at least, it was for me).  Keeping the button really clean and warming up a finger before touching the power button helped me, but it wasn't a perfect solution. I ended up conencting a basic power switch for a while and not using the touch sensitive one, but ultimately got rid of the case.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
andebkr replied on Sat, Sep 25 2010 5:03 AM

I would recommend you to checked for the dust on the fan as there are plenty of such cases due to the dust accumulated over the fan. Dusting it out would just make it back to the working condition as earlier. I think that it would be a very  good thing to have the of the services but for that it would have to be checked intensively.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS