Samsung Debuts 1080p HMX-E10 Pocket Camcorder

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,905
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Aug 1 2010 6:20 PM
A couple of years ago, the "pocket camcorder" was the new big thing. It seemed like everyone was after a Flip Video camcorder, and Cisco even saw the demand as big enough to purchase Pure Digital Technologies. But now, that seems to be fading. Point and shoot camera sensors have advanced to the point where most can shoot 720p, and soon they'll be shooting 1080p. But that's not stopping Samsung from issuing a new device in the category, and it's definitely one of the nicest that we have seen.

The new HMX-E10 is a pocket camcorder capable of shooting 1080p Full HD video, complete with a 270-degree swiveling lens, built-in USB port, onscreen “upload” button and a 1/3.2 inch CMOS sensor. There's also a 2.7" wide LCD screen on the rear, with the screen split into two sections when recording.  The top displays the live view showing what is currently in the frame and the bottom displays a series of touch-screen controls, including record, stop and play.  The little cam uses a microSD slot to hold your footage, and it will be available this September in irovy/black for $199.99.

Samsung Introduces Pocket-Sized, Full-HD Camcorder with Swiveling Lens

HMX-E10 Adds Style and Flexibility to Samsung’s Growing Camcorder Family, Allowing Consumers to Picture Themselves in the Fun

RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today added to its point-and-shoot camcorder lineup with the introduction of the innovative HMX-E10. Offering full-HD resolution, the Samsung HMX-E10 is highlighted by a versatile, 270-degree swiveling lens that enhances consumers’ creativity and allows them to add their own unique views to their video by being able to record from just about any angle. The HMX-E10’s swiveling lens also brings a new sense of fun to recording video, and gives consumers the ability to step out from behind the camcorder and put themselves in the frame with their friends and family.

“Samsung is focused on introducing features to its camcorders which address unmet needs and take the video recording experience to new levels for consumers”

Samsung has also strived to simplify the way consumers share content with others through the HMX-E10, with the innovative built-in USB port function. The USB feature enables users to connect the camcorder directly to any computer without added attachments like a USB cable, allowing consumers to share important moments wherever they are. The USB connection can also be used to charge the battery.

“Samsung is focused on introducing features to its camcorders which address unmet needs and take the video recording experience to new levels for consumers,” said Sangjin Park, President of the Digital Imaging Business, Samsung Electronics. “The HMX-E10 offers the image quality, ultra-compact design and built-in USB technology that consumers expect from this class of camcorder, but goes a step beyond, offering features such as a swiveling lens, versatile LCD screen and a range of smart filters, which give users the ability to do more and express their creativity.”

Easy Connectivity and Sharing:
Samsung designed the HMX-E10 to help simplify the way consumers share their content with others. The camcorder features a built-in USB connection that gives users the ability to connect the camcorder to any computer without having to worry about always carrying around a separate USB cable. In addition, the HMX-E10 is also loaded with Samsung’s play-edit-sharing program, called intelli-studio. This intuitive program gives users the ability to edit and play their video from any computer without having to install supporting software. This is extremely useful when traveling or when consumers are away from the own personal computers.

An interactive and onscreen “upload” button on the HMX-E10 also makes uploading footage to the Web effortless. When connected to a computer with an internet connection, the one-touch “upload” button links directly to a specified content sharing Web site, such as YouTube™, and reduces the number of steps needed to successfully upload and share video.

High-Performance Sensor and Versatile Display:
At the heart of the HMX-E10 is a large, high-performance 1/3.2 inch CMOS sensor that captures impressive 1920x1080 full HD resolution video (30p / H.264) as well as eight mega-pixel digital still images. On the back of the camcorder is a versatile, 2.7-inch wide, touch-screen LCD that is set vertically. When recording video, the HMX-E10’s LCD screen is divided into two sections; the top displays the live view showing what is currently in the frame and the bottom displays a series of touch-screen controls, including record, stop and play. Consumers can even rotate the swivel lens to utilize this screen to put themselves in the frame, allowing them to step out from behind the camcorder and become part of the action. When reviewing footage, consumers hold the HMX-E10 horizontally, so that they can leverage the entire display to view their video in widescreen.

Creative Controls:
The HMX-E10 is packed with a full range of fun controls which encourage consumers to get creative with their videos. Consumers can take advantage of several Smart Filters which adjust the HMX-E10 to produce unique lens and color effects. The camcorder’s lens effects include miniature, which produces the tilt and lens shift effect, and vignetting, which produces the lomo effect. Color effects include defog, which mimics the use of a CPL filter, and sketch, which gives video a pencil drawing feel. 
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,071
Points 37,990
acarzt replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:17 PM

I like how you can flip the lense around. I can see people using this a lot for video blogs and things like that.

Core i7 920|EVGA X58|GTX 660 TI & 460se for PHYSX|2x30GB Vertex RAID0|5x1.5TB RAID5

-- Certifications --

CompTIA A+; CompTIA Network+ ; CompTIA Security+; Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP); Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator(MCSA); Microsoft Certified Sysems Engineer(MCSE); Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA); Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP); Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA);

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Are we supossed to be filming the next Avatar on something like this? Or just filling up the blogosphere with random Nutshot videos!

I say probably the later:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,071
Points 37,990
acarzt replied on Mon, Aug 2 2010 4:52 AM

lol yea... Tom, if given the choice... I think the majority of people would choose not to spend the time and effert to make anything close to Avatar and would rather record something pointless and post it all over youtube....

Like a nutshot video lol

Core i7 920|EVGA X58|GTX 660 TI & 460se for PHYSX|2x30GB Vertex RAID0|5x1.5TB RAID5

-- Certifications --

CompTIA A+; CompTIA Network+ ; CompTIA Security+; Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP); Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator(MCSA); Microsoft Certified Sysems Engineer(MCSE); Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA); Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP); Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA);

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310

Time for some full HD nutshot videos! I'm getting my browser ready to watch!

Lol I really like the design on it and the features. It's also time for me to get an update :D

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 2,780

lol u guys

Nice though, anyone remember those grainy old videos back in the day? Now you're going to wish it was grainy again (thanks to mom and pop going to the beach!) LOL

Current computer:

Asus G73JH-A1

Core i7 720QM

Mobility Radeon 5870 1GBVRAM

8GB Ram

1 X OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

1 X 500GB HDD

17.3FHD (1080P) Panel

Blu Ray Drive (reader)

HDMI Out

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS