Survey Shows T-Mobile Has The Best Customer Care Rankings

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,260
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:37 PM

According to J.D. Power and Associates' recently released eighth annual U.S. Wireless Customer Care Performance Study, T-Mobile tops other top U.S. wireless carriers in overall customer care. T-Mobile received a ranking of 777 out of a possible 1,000 points.

The study is based on a survey of 9,690 wireless customers who contacted their carrier's customer service department over the past six months. AT&T followed T-Mobile with a score of 757, followed by Verizon Wireless (749) and Sprint (734). According to the survey, the industry average is 753.

The report is based on how well the carriers were able to assist their customers via telephone, through in-store visits, or on the Web. Although 60% of wireless users sought help over the telephone, the survey noted that there are an increasing number of people who are using in-store and Web visits. The people who visited a store to fix a problem reported being more satisfied than they are when they utilize other methods of contact.

The study also finds several key wireless customer care patterns:

• Overall, 39 percent of wireless customers contact their carrier due to service and equipment-related issues, while 34 percent contact for billing, 25 percent for incorrect charges, 23 percent for price or cost, 22 percent for call quality, 9 percent for messaging issues, 9 percent for network coverage, and 6 percent for credit issues.
  • Wireless customers who have had a positive care experience are more loyal and are therefore less likely to switch carriers in the future, on average. Among customers who indicate they “definitely will not switch” carriers in the next 12 months, the customer care index averages 827, compared with just 602 among those who say they “definitely will switch”—a difference of 225 points.
  • A vast majority of customers get through to their carrier on their first try (90%), but some customers (10%) are misdirected or are put on hold for too long and must make more than one contact. The average wireless customer spends 5.27 minutes on hold when trying to reach their carrier via phone.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,108
Points 38,255
acarzt replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 2:16 AM

If you put this on a Letter grade scale... they would all get "C"s

That's pretty poor. It's like they are all doing just enough to pass.

And they are all pretty close to each other.

Also the whole switching thing...

People are lazy and they would rather not deal with the whole hassel of switch and will continue to all themselves to be screwed and pay more than they have too until they are finally pushed to far.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 47,175
ForumsAdministrator

At first I was confused by the survey results (why isn't AT&T at the bottom?Confused), but then I realized that this survey deals only with customer support and not the actual service itself. Perhaps AT&T is up near the top in this survey because they have had so much practice fielding support calls! Take a look HERE if you would like to see what Consumer Reports says about cell phone service providers.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670

I had never had to call tech support from any of them :D.

Im currently on hold for 1 hour so far with blizzard tech support for the second time in 2 days :(.Longest wait i have had with tech support and they play wow music on it...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,108
Points 38,255
acarzt replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 5:12 PM

lawl... Why are you calling blizzard tech support? lol

Are there that many problems with the new Startcraft game?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I agree.. They would be in the C range.

They are not really bad, or really good so they are averaged out as the best!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 7,630
ClemSnide replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:57 PM

JD Power must have been copying my notes; I've been telling anyone who sits still long enough to listen about my good experiences with T-Mobile and my bad experiences elsewhere.

There have been rumours of the iPhone coming to T-Mobile when Apple's exclusive contract with AT&T expires. Of course, you can take this with the usual grain of salt, but: I recently got an offer for a $15/month, unlimited voice, text, and data plan. Oh-- well-- not quite unlimited; they charge extra for video chat.

Huh. Why would they say that? Maybe preparing to get a lot of users running a FaceTime-like app? As Mr. Data would say, "Intriguing."

"I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot... but I cried when HAL was turned off."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,108
Points 38,255
acarzt replied on Mon, Aug 2 2010 12:20 AM

ClemSnide:

I've been telling anyone who sits still long enough to listen about my good experiences with T-Mobile and my bad experiences elsewhere.

lol.. that's me with USAA products lol

Also... did that $15/month plan turn out to be legit? Are there any strings attached? Like it's only good for 3 monthes and then it goes up to $150/month lol?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 7,630

USAA is a good insurance company also, but I'm not eligible. (Not for lack of trying. I attempted to enlist into three branches of the service, but my eyes kept me out of all of them.)

I'll be in town on Wednesday, so I'll check the T-Mobile offer and report on it.

"I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot... but I cried when HAL was turned off."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS