oh_fubar Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2010 7:11 AM

I am curious about Coolit products for the cpu and gpu

anyone have any experience with them?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Jul 10 2010 9:18 AM

Dont know what your price range is, but a nice one that dosnt cost to much is a corsair h50 for 60bucks. (it runs my cpu at 35-40c)

(havnt tried any on gpu yet)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

oh_fubar:

I am curious about Coolit products for the cpu and gpu

anyone have any experience with them?

Here is a good article on the Coolit Domino to give you an idea on its capabilties its a good read.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolit_dominoalc/

http://www.guru3d.com/article/coolit-domino-alc-review/

Also price at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835227005

Now I own the Coolit Domino ALC it was a much appreciated gift from one of our members Tanka which I do appreciate and to me it is a sufficent cooler for OCing now there is higher end coolers out there that of course are a little better it just depends on your degree of Ocing I suppose.I have a Amd Phenom II BE 720 stock 2.8ghz on a Asus M4A79DT Deluxe board which I pushed to a  to a stable 3.6 ghz and if I recall under load my nimbers were around 56 to 59 c under max load and on high perfomance setting. Course its been a little while and I know I wrote the numbers down in a log but I would have to look again and find them! But to me at this point I myself think its a grat choice. Now Coolit has since come out with an upgraded version that I think runs at higher RPM,s on the pump and fan speed you could check out but Im satisfied with its performance. Another note I maxed my OC out to a speed of 3.8 ghz which I could.nt get stable and even bumped my cpu volts up to 1.625 and still sustained a safe temp for my system. The system stability at 3.8 ghz was not due to a temp problem just might have been due to the max my board would go ! Of course when I get some time I,ll go back and tweak it again. Also I had all 4 cores running on that 3 core processor! For the price point you really cant beat it even though mine was a gift!   Thanks to Tanka again.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 1,710
crowTrobot replied on Sat, Jul 10 2010 10:52 AM

fat78: what CPU do you have and are these the 100% load temps? (OCCT or Prime95, etc)

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 175
oh_fubar replied on Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:05 AM

just trying to learn    don't intend to buy anything soon

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:51 AM

i am using q9400 and used to get 40c at working 100%, but now am geting around 45 since the room i use my computer gets realy hot during summer. ( Wish i had ac in this room)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,102
Points 38,250
acarzt replied on Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:50 AM

I have the coolIT domino.

I had to replace the first one.

The piping from the pump to the CPU block is VERY stiff and the connector EASILY cracked.

CoolIT will have you pay for shipping to get it replaced if you go through them.

I got it replaced through amazon for free.

It doesn't disipate heat as well as I had hoped. Even at stock speed my temps can get as high as 46-50 degrees C

I was able to OC to 4ghz and it was stable tho. But then temps got high. 50s maybe 60s.

If the CPU block was copper it would work much better. So I would suggest looking for something with copper.

I've heard good things about this corsair

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010

*edit* temps quotes are actually the temps read by the cooler which I beleive is the temp of the coolant... I never could get accurate temps of the chip itself. But i'm sure they were higher than the coolant.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 175
oh_fubar replied on Sun, Jul 11 2010 7:15 AM

I believe the ECO is a redesign of the Domino or the next generation at least

I saw a clip where the Coolit guy was swinging the ECO around his head by the pump (damn thing didn't break)

the new one doesn't have the side panel and the pump is with the cooler itself on the chip

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sun, Jul 11 2010 8:37 AM

If you do go with a corsair make sure the side fan isnt in the way if you have one. I told my dad to buy a h50 but it didnt fit and apparently i was the one who lost the receipt so we have one laying around for later. well atleast that was what i was told i did

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

I

acarzt:
The piping from the pump to the CPU block is VERY stiff and the connector EASILY cracked
f the CPU block was copper it would work much better. So I would suggest looking for something with copper.

Your right it is very stiff so I had to be carefull installing it but it wasnt real bad and I beleive a copper cpu heatplate would help the cooling. I,ve thought about replacing  the piping and finding another heatplate made of copper and a little more mass to it to see if would cool even more. Considering the way it is made it might be a little bit of a task but Im sure it can be done. I cant complain it does a decent job of cooling hopefully soon Im going to upgrade to a Phenom II BE 965 125watt and of course I will OC it to get at least 4ghz.!  Also I planning on getting another board so I might just put that 965 on it. Its a

Asus M4A89GTD Pro USB3! I really like all the features this board offers and the price is great. I think it would make a good build and a great OCer.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 1,710

fat78:

i am using q9400 and used to get 40c at working 100%, but now am geting around 45 since the room i use my computer gets realy hot during summer. ( Wish i had ac in this room)

Thanks for replying. Those temps look pretty good.  I'm looking at a new cooling solution because I'm intending on switching to a smaller mATX chassis and am thinking of going h50 to save space vs air cooled heatsink solution.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,102
Points 38,250
acarzt replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 5:44 PM

amdcrankitup:

I,ve thought about replacing  the piping and finding another heatplate made of copper and a little more mass to it to see if would cool even more. Considering the way it is made it might be a little bit of a task but Im sure it can be done. 

Well I recently took mine apart. The Fan died on my... because of my own doing...lol But I disassembled the whole thing and removed the fan. I also disabled the speaker, perminently lol Reason being is I didn't have a 3 pin fan to replace it with. So I have to use a fan with a 4 pin molex and I was tired of hearing the alarm go off lol.

The new ECO one looks much better... It seems like they copied the corsair one almost exactly.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Here is a link to Cool IT,s  addition take a look upgraded the radiator and its features!

Coolit ECO C240 ALC

link:     http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/en/eco-c240.html

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/21/coolit_eco_c240_performance_review

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,102
Points 38,250
acarzt replied on Fri, Jul 23 2010 5:00 AM

It performed decently... but for the price it should have done better.

I think If I were to replace the one I have, I would go with the corsair. It looks like a solid cooler.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 4,490
slugbug replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 12:28 PM

I would like to see Corsair come out with an upgraded H50 kit featuring a 240mm radiator.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,102
Points 38,250
acarzt replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 4:36 PM

Anybody know if there are any 140mm radiators out there? lol

I know it's a pretty rare size.... but I would be willing to peice together my own kit with such a thing :-P

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS