MSI Ships Core i7-Equipped 17" GX740 Gaming Notebook

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,178
Points 1,185,785
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jun 11 2010 4:05 PM
MSI put on areal show at Computex, displaying no fewer than 30computers on the floor. But for Americans looking for another option inthe gaming notebook sector, the company has great news to share today.The powerful GX740 is now shipping to the United States, bringing withit a 17" display and more power than most average users would be able toeffectively utilize.

But this computer certainly isn't for the average user; instead, it'saimed directly at the power users, with a Core i7 processor, 7.1 audiooutput, a built-in subwoofer, an HDMI port, ATI Radeon HD 5870 GPU,support for DirectX 11 and the company's own Turbo Boost technology thatadds power when needed and relaxes when it's not. The GPU has 1GB ofDDR5 memory, and the machine itself weighs around 7lbs. and measures awhopping 1.5" thick. But then again, you need lots of room inside a caseto hold all of those components and to handle all of that heat.

The GX740 has a potent 9-cell battery and is housed in a brushedaluminum enclosure with fire-engine red accents; it's got a chicletkeyboard, a 1680x1050 resolution, 4GB of DDR3 memory, a 500GB harddrive, Bluetooth and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It's priced at$1399.99, which isn't cheap, but it's surely less expensive than asimilar Alienware.

MSI Announces U.S. Availability of Powerful GX740Notebook

Intel i7 CPU and ATI HD5870 GPU Deliver Intense Experience forGamers and Movie Buffs

CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MSI Computer Corp., aleading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, todayannounced the availability of its new 17-inch GX740 gaming notebook.Armed with the Intel® Core™ i7 processor and rich multimedia featuresincluding 7.1 channel output with SRS qualification, a subwoofer, CinemaPro technology, and HDMI output , the GX740 is ideal for those who needsuperior sound and graphics, including gamers, movie buffs and graphicdesigners.

“The GX740 features some of the most innovative componentsavailable, and at just over seven pounds and only an inch-and-a-halfthick, it is one of the lightest and thinnest desktop replacements everdesigned”

The GX740’s powerful ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 graphics card supportsDirectX® 11 graphics and teams with MSI’s Turbo Boost Technology toensure smooth game play without lags, while lowering power consumption.The GPU’s 1GB of DDR5 memory performs 50 percent better than DDR3memory.

“The GX740 features some of the most innovative componentsavailable, and at just over seven pounds and only an inch-and-a-halfthick, it is one of the lightest and thinnest desktop replacements everdesigned,” said Andy Tung, vice president of sales, MSI North America.

Gamers and movie buffs can manage the GX740’s 9-cell battery powerto best meet their needs as a result of MSI’s combination of the energyefficient Intel® Core™2 Quad plus Intel Turbo Boost Technology and MSI’sECO engine power management.

The GX740 is housed in MSI’s stylish brushed aluminum gamingchassis with fire engine red accents. It features a raised chicletkeyboard designed for gamers with increased accuracy and comfort whiletyping, and clearly marked W, A, S and D keys for quick response whilegaming.

The GX740 ships with a 17 inch LCD screen with 1680x1050resolution, 4 GB of DDR3 memory, a 500GB hard drive 7200 rpm, a 9-cellbattery, Bluetooth connectivity and Microsoft Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit.

The GX740 is priced at $1,399.99 and is available now at Amazon andNewegg. 
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

When I had a laptop, it didn't have a numeric pad. This seems to be more standard in laptops, and it's soooo convenient to have.

I think it's pretty cool that it has such a high resolution for a 17in screen, and the fact that your fitting in that powerful of a GPU.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Marius Malek:
When I had a laptop, it didn't have a numeric pad. This seems to be more standard in laptops, and it's soooo convenient to have.

Yeah mine just has one in the middle of the keys that I turn on while I am typing and look at my screen to see numbers in all my sentences.

This is a good looking laptop. I really like MSIs red/black color scheme and MSI laptops in general.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS