Toshiba Tecra A11-S3540 Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,825
Points 1,167,165
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jun 8 2010 1:07 PM

Toshiba Tecra A11-S3540 ReviewToshiba's Tecra Series of laptops have traditionally been marketed as high-performance business machines, designed to be capable of handling demanding tasks. Earlier this year, Toshiba announced the latest Tecra A11. The new Tecra A11 is thinner and lighter than its predecessor and features a 10-key numeric keypad. We had top-of-the-line Tecra A11-S3540 in house for testing. This model is powered by an Intel Core i7-620M processor and has NVIDIA NVS 2100M graphics...

Toshiba Tecra A11-S3540 Review

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105
Seems like it has more garbageware than it does features! besides the three hour battery life, it doesn't seem much different from any other standard laptop out there right now.

It might be interesting with its workstation possibilities. yet at that price one would probably lean towards a more future proof and cooler looking laptop! From the companies side this case is designed precisely to make people look back a year from now and say to themselves. "This thing is old, time to get a new one!"
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

animatortom:

Seems like it has more garbageware than it does features! besides the three hour battery life, it doesn't seem much different from any other standard laptop out there right now.

It might be interesting with its workstation possibilities. yet at that price one would probably lean towards a more future proof and cooler looking laptop! From the companies side this case is designed precisely to make people look back a year from now and say to themselves. "This thing is old, time to get a new one!"

The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 2100M isn't really geared for gaming performance so I don't hold that against Toshiba. But considering the great line of computers Toshiba has out right now, this one doesn't stand out. I'd beef up the graphics card, and for $1300 I'd like a i7-720M. The quad would come in handy for a workstation laptop.

The bloatware issue, while annoying, can be easily remedied with a fresh install or programs like PC decrapifier. More troubling is the crappy battery life, a big strike since this is a business laptop.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS