Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!!one!!one!!eleven!

How much it took to render? Damn

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Man i have an awesome idea! Get 6 huge TV-s and arrange them in a cube. You would never leave that cube.

Eyefinity can change your life.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105
I originally rendered it to 4K size. each one took over seven hours, Since I did it in Max. Max relies on CPU and RAM, and since I only have a 2.8Dualcore and 4GB Ram, it felt like forever! If I was able to transfer it to Maya then the 8800 would have churned it out within minutes. The composition in Photoshop took some time as well.

But all in good fun, and it keeps me off the schoolyard:)
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Dammit. Mine took only 1 and a half hour. I got lucky. The sky and ground color computation is highly complex and it must be precise. 7 hours?? man... send it to me if you need a boost. I overclock my cpu to 3.6 GHz

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9003/slogom3xhd.png

Btw thats my wallpaper thing. Tear resistant. Monitor black lines aint gonna mess it up, cuz there are no letters, no shapes,no flying dutchmen... only a landscape

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40
Revenant replied on Tue, Jun 15 2010 10:49 PM

Ah, screen real-estate, how I want to lose myself in your warm glow.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:21 PM

Could this be Nature's Eyefinity?  None of these guys is ever in one place for very long.

It's quite the show. Cardinals are my favorites.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,550
Inspector replied on Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:29 AM

AWW! Sad, anyone wanna ship me a pair of 3D glasses that works for this? xD VERY VERY nice picture!

Lovely picture realneil :D

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
kuaneos replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:32 AM

I hope my english is good enough for this.

There is a man which travels the world trying to help people in all kinds of dangerous situations, like wars, terrorist attacks and even zombie outbreaks.

He is not a very skilled man, so he usually stays at the back, healing and covering so that others can kill, infiltrate or escape safely.

Unfortunately, he can't see everyone everytime and lots of his comrades die because of it. Being a good soul, he gets very sad and constantly prays to God for anything that will make him better, specially a third eye.

Eyefinity will surely make life better and help a poor man like me save other lives.

Thanks for reading.

;)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 1:12 PM

Word to the wise, make sure you have the appropriate power ("CPU", "Memory") before entering. I have a system that is at least decent enough to run this with good framerates.

Okay, fourth entry/story.

There once was a man, a gamer if you will. His system was the bomb, he knew where everything was; he could hear everything there was, he could even sense the knifer who was coming at him from the side. The only problem was, he couldn't keep his focus; whereever there was a fly he'd get disctracted, whereever there was a random object passing him, he'd get distracted, he just couldn't stay focused on the screen in front of him, the parts of his eyes missing the sights they need. Then came a beacon of hope, something that appeared basically out of nowhere as if he just wished for it. His hands sweaty, he opens the box ever so delicately and what does he find inside?, a good will present from the folks at AMD and ASUS. He also found a note in there and he picked it up and read it. It read "Sir, I hear you're having problems focusing on the game, we hope this will help. Sincerily, -Your folks at AMD and ASUS" and he thought to himself, "Could this be the thing I need to immerse myself in focus?" and he picked up the card, ever so holy and walked to the computer.

He opened the case of his computer and took out his old graphics card (which was pretty mighty at the time) a nd he placed the new graphics card and he seated it firmly in his slot. He took out his old monitor and he installed the 3 in a way which satisfied the human eyes. He then turned it on, he thought to himself, "Okay... Nothing special." but then the system booted and he was amazed at all of the screen real-estate he now had, he could place the icons he could never place on there before, he could sort the screens like he never could do before but most of all, he could game like he never gamed before. So he popped in Battlefield Bad Company 2, he set the resolution and he joined a server. He waited for the loading bar to load, oh sweet long loading bar. When it loaded, he was amazed. He saw things that he could never see before, he became a lot more focused then he had with one screen but something unexpected happened, he became immersed in the game. He did what he always did before he had Eyefinity; game. Only this time, he was much more determined then before. While he was moving with his team he spoted an enemy in the balcony and another in an allyway to the left. Thinking quickly on his feat, he tells the squad about the enemy on the balcony while he aims his gun at the enemy to the left and he kills him; he then continues on as there is no time to rest when enemies are roaming around. Much later they comes accross something real special, a control point; He and his squad take a look at the surrounds and they discover that it's heavily fortified.

But he had hope as the Eyefinity gave him more to see, his teammates anxiously await his orders. Thinking quickly, he tells the squad to flank from the left and right and he'll go for the center. The squad agrees to this plan and they split up, leaving the guy all alone; he jumps down into a crowded corridor where is field of view is cut off, but then he notices something on the right, an enemy; thinking quickly, he knifes the guy and moves on. Later on, he regroups with his squad, of which they survived the onslaught. In the distance is the control point but there are snipers up there on the roofs, willing to pick off anyone who even comes close to the flag. Using his eyes, he spotted at least 4 snipers guarding the perimiter, one on each building. Thinking quickly, he becomes a sniper and orders his squad to go out there as decoys. The plan works as the snipers become focused on the decoys and the guy aims his sniper rifle at his head; holding his breath, he aims for the head and fires the trigger and in a stroke of luck, the bullet hit his head directly and killed him. The snipers took note at the sniper who was just killed but they were more worried about the soldiers on the ground so they kept on aiming and shooting. The guy then took out the second sniper with a bit of luck and the remaining two took notice and decided to stop focusing on the squad and started focusing on trying to find the sniper who's taking them out. Meanwhile the squad who were out there decided to enter the buildings the snipers were in while they were distracted and they do so.

They split into two teams and entered the two buildings, they made sure to sneak to prevent the snipers from getting their attention. When they reached the top, they were still looking for the guy who sniped two of their snipers unknowningly. The two teams each pick a member to sneak up behind them and kill them with a knife. Knowing the risks, they both accept and they sneak as quietly as they can. A loud floorboard almost gave away their position but the snipers were too focused on finding that guy. When the two soliders approached their respective snipers, they take out their knives and they stick it in their kneck killing them. Back on the ground, the guy was busy trying to find a good spot to snipe from when his radio went on. He picked it up and held it to his ear, it transmitted. "Sir, we've taken out the remaining two snipers, we're coming to the control point." and he turned off the radio and headed to the control point and he was reunited with his squad. He watched as the enemy flag went down and an ally flag right up. Just before it reached the top however, he noticed something to the left, it was a guy and his squad aiming to take back the control point. Without hesitating, he throws a grenade to where the guys are and he manages to kill some of them, he then goes over and finishes off whoever is alive. When he is done doing that, he recieves a reminder that the control point has been captured and everybody is happy, especially the guy with Eyefinity. He turned off the game and he had a sight of happiness in his mouth, he lay down on the bed and pulled the covers on himself. He went to sleep knowing that his life has truely been changed.

The End.

I may do a fourth entry but it's going to be an image.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

What most people read:

There once was a man, ...

The end;

tl;dr

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 3:18 PM

HuskyPkTeam:

What most people read:

There once was a man, ...

The end;

tl;dr

Oh, so you want your books to be shorter and have pretty colors and images on the pages? Look at you mister "I want to win Eyefinity so I can hook up 6 large plasma screens and play funny videos and pictures so I can become famous." While it's a nice idea you have, it's already been done. Have you been to Times Square?, the screens are bigger and some of them even play what you describe at their own discression. I have entered 2 entries doing something different then gaming and what, you're going to critizize those storys for being too long? Stories are supposed to be long, you're supposed to read them and imagine yourself as the guy, you're supposed to imagine the events happening, these stories can also carry messages but they're designed to make people think, to travel people to distant worlds. You are one of those guys who read the first page of Harry Potter, then decide to stop reading after the first page and go watch the movie adaptation because you find it more entertaining then a book.

Also tl;dr applies to internet rants. This is a story, not a rant. Stop critizing other people's work, all people have a fair chance at this you know.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Successful troll is successful!

Ok just kidding here. I have read your story, and everyone's story and i like most of them! I only don't like when people use ASUS, AMD and 5870 a lot in their entries. I live in Serbia, which is not filled with huge screens everywhere. So this would be unique here. And no. I never mentioned that i want to win any prize, or what would i do if i won the prize, or to become rich. This is just for fun!

Cheers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:29 PM

I need to win to save my life. My doctor says i dont have long in this world, he gives me 5mins at best with out eye infinty. He tells me i must win to save my battlefield bad company 2 soldier's life from death by back shots and snipers. With out the amazing performance of the 5870 i will be die and must wait 10secs to respawn.

As well the 5870 can help me with my computer design home work and studies for college while i play battlefield on the other monitors.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,550
Inspector replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:54 PM

You guys make me SAD :(! lol stop fighting its just a contest not a life or death situation.

I find Fat's entry the most awesome story... ever written :P lol. The beginning made me like what? then the end just... rofl

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:50 PM

Just a contest? Just a contest? Just a contest!! oh,...yeah, you're right. It's only a contest.

Ha-Ha! Big Smile

I think it's almost over too,......until the next one starts. And there is gonna be another, and sooner than you think. (i think)

Good luck to everyone, I've seen some damn fine entries this time. Whomever pulls this off is gonna deserve it because the competition has been good.

Thanks again to HotHardware.com, ASUS, and, AMD for providing the goodies for us.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:24 PM

The events you are going to witness in the next100 hours are those that cannot be explained by modern science... Let the countdown commence.... T- minus 17 hours: Its coming, as fast as the speed of light.

The footage that you are about to witness.... Many samples across the globe have been collected. This one is the only one that most closely resembles to mans wildest hypothesis.

Viewer discretion advised.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,550
Inspector replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 1:23 PM

I don't get coolice's post...

Realneil, i belive the next contest will be posted up as soon as this one ends :P lol, Marco already has it all planned out :), its going to be a full system with a unlocked CPU (JUST A GUESS! With a little proof to back it up :P!)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 1:56 PM

I don't know any particulars, but I'm beginning to count on a cool contest happening here.

It's like my little brother Eddie, you never know what he'll say next, but you know he's gonna say it. (at the perfect moment to do the most damage) He's the ultimate smart-ass. He can walk into a crowd of people who hate him and have them laughing their butts off in five minutes. It's uncanny.

I didn't get coolice's post either, but I assumed that we weren't supposed to. Maybe there's more to it coming in another post?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

I'm guessing his post is like an announcement that is hyping up the contest winner reveal. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Please check out my entry for the ATI card. AMD ROCKS!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65kTDoexemU

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:24 PM

There's probably not much hyping needed at this point.

I've had three nervous breakdowns, an attack of hives, and two heart attacks waiting for this. Heh-Heh!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 4,490
slugbug replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:09 PM

How Can Eyefinity Change My Life?

Well first off all let my begin by saying I'm on a fixed budget so I don't get the chance to upgrade as often as I would like to.  I currently use an aging 8800GT with an older 22" Dell monitor so an upgrade like this would be huge for me. I would need to reconfigure my desk to accommodate three new monitors, but the reward of playing games with Eyefinity would be well worth it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 140
Points 1,710
crowTrobot replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:05 PM

I am an owner of an Nvidia 3D Vision kit and that means that I am limited to using (as well as future upgrading to) only an Nvidia Graphics card. Also, I am limited to a 1680x1050 resolution display as that is the maximum resolution the Samsung 120Hz monitors can do. While using it in 3D mode, my frames-per-second are limited to more than half of what they actually are to produce the illusion of depth. While wearing the 3D glasses the brightness level on the screen is also halved because of the tint from the active LCD shutter. The selection of games I can play have shrunk to what only has the "the way its meant to be played" logo to increase the chances of 3D working (about 10 of those titles are 3D-ready, the rest have stereoscopic ghosting problems).

Yes, I had looked towards Nvidia and their 3D effect to give me a deeper appreciation of gaming but I have increasingly found that it is doing the exact opposite of what I hoped it would do. My vision has become limited not only in terms of luminance, resolution, frames-per-second and game selection, but also pigeon-holed me to an nvidia-centric tech lifestyle. There are no other words for it, I have become a slave.

How can Eyefinity Change my life? Will it give me a wider perception of the gaming world? Will it give me the freedom to choose any game to play without hardware restrictions? Will it allow me to see a deeper gaming world in full colour once again, unmarred by dark tints of flickering 3D lenses? More importantly, Will it set me free?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

realneil:

There's probably not much hyping needed at this point.

I've had three nervous breakdowns, an attack of hives, and two heart attacks waiting for this. Heh-Heh!

I usually sit around and read reviews about the stuff that is up for contest. That or build the systems in newegg.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:19 AM

I build systems at NewEgg all of the time. Sometimes several in a day. I have 30 or more wish lists now and hate the fact that combo's won't go in to them.

Sigh.

I'm not really so worked up about the contest, I was trying to be funny and bombed again. Ha!

Should be announced when I wake up tomorrow.

EDIT 6/20/2010: WTF?? Wonder what I was thinking?

Good night all.

Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 685
ottoyu34 replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:07 AM

Hello everyone, This is my video entry for the contest by Asus,AMD & HH.

It's uploaded to youtube in HD 720p, please select that for best quality.

You can view it by clicking on the URL below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buozZVuu-Kc

Thanks.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

I'd say that I'm pretty worked up. This is the only place where I actually have a legitimate chance of winning.......anything. Teehee =D

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 3:19 AM

As Time passes videos appear.... Spot the differences and the logos shall sneer. This is just a glimpse of whats to come....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugq8rBLYDAQ

viewer beware

Greetings from the great white north

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Then hurry up, there's only one day left!

I don't really understand this, but i guess that's the point, there's more to come.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,093
Points 38,115
acarzt replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 3:54 AM

Good luck to everyone! Who ever get's it, i'm sure is very deserving!

I'm le sick tho so i'm gonna go back to bed :-(

Food poisoning is the suck. At least I think that's what this is.

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Google translate win

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Eyeinfinity can change my life. Better Multitasking, and a better PC gaming experience. As i write my essay for school, i i see my friends statuses on facebook at the same time. I click on the link to find out more. Then, I go on to youtube. I watch a video AND do my essay at the same time. Easy multitasking! Few hours later, My friend comes over to play a new racing game on the PC. He starts up thet game. With 3 moniters, he has full peripheral vision. On thet lft, he can see everything, on the right he can see the full right side of the driver, and in the middle he can see the center. The race starts. He looks on the right. There is a driver speeding up. Thanks to the eyeinfinity's right moniter, he easily thwarts the other driver from cutting his race car. On the left side of his moniter, seconds later, he sees another driver trying to cut him off. Again, he easily stops thte other racer. All at the same time looking at thte center of the road. Minutes later, he ends up 1st. He raced like a pro because he has the upper hand in racing games, because he has full 180 degree vision of the driver's seat in racing games, thanks to thte Eye Infinity!

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Exactly that! Multitasking for humans!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

deadline is 11:59 PM on 20th?

doesn't say am or pm

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

The winner won't be announced when the time says, it's part of the suspense that Marco and Dave like to implement. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 7:14 PM

It's PM and the time is set in STONE. (WD40) Confused

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,093
Points 38,115
acarzt replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 7:33 PM

Who won the latest weekly drawing?

Ugh.... Don't drink the water in the Gulf of Mexico lol

I didn't even make it all the way to mexico... been sick since wednesday :-(

Someone just put me in a coma til this passes ugh

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

Intro:

I've been gaming since I was 5 yrs old, (now 36), My mom couldn't afford a babysitter while I was younger so she'd take me to work (Gino's Pizza Parlor) and let me play PacMan and MS Pacman while

she did her shift. When I was 7-8 years old, when she wasn't working I'd walk a mile or two (could have been 1,but sure seems like a distance back then) down to the local arcade and spend a few dollars on the game of the week trying to achieve the High Scores so I could win 200 tokens to play the next week game competition, loved playing donkey kong, tempest ans o many others, I often did get the highscore for the week, which was great as my mom and I really didn't have any extra money to spend, even one thanksgiving eating Turkey TV dinners because she had just broke up with her boyfriend, and we had to pay rent for renting a room from someone she knew. I got play a bot of atari on friends systems but at this point

we had just moved again and a game system was really affordable, however my dad did get me the mini arcade machines for frogger and pacman and handheld football games.

When I got older to middle school I got a paper route to afford a sega master system and Nintendo hooked on a A/B switch so I could alternate between games like altered beast and Super mario brothers and yes I did play paperboy as well lol

When I entered highschool my friends all had commodore, I asked my mother for one for christmas and I got a Tandy Trs-80 w/ cassette deck (radio shack brand) to play text based games like zork. I finally got my own PC as a gift from my dad when I graduated High school, it had an Asus motherboard and thats where I learned about computer from, taking it apart, upgrading and programming even. i've been gaming on PC ever since, playing games like Battlefield 1943, even wrting code for many famous mods such as map conversions for Desert Combat, Putting together the Millineum Falcon & Tie Bomber for Galactic Conquest, and even coding and beta testing for the GI Joe mod!. I was in a competitive clan in 2001-2003

taking 2nd and 3rd place in TWL (Team Warfare League) in Desert Combat and was one of the best ranked helicopter pilots and ground pounders in the game.

I love computer gaming and the 3 Asus Monitors + 5870 would make an ideal dream system for me (and any gamer out there!!)

How Can Eyefinity Change My Life?

I'd use it to get healthier! How you ask?

Less stress! Lower blood pressure, and more overall Zen! (With the SSD & Intels I875k processor (not to mention the host of other top products especially the motherboard & memory) )

-No more starting a round in Battlefield Bad company 2, only to find out the enemy has loaded in faster and has already came to your main and stolen your one piece of armor on the map, so that you get spawn camped for the entire round.

-No more overall tantrums / fits of rage quitting, when you get repeatedly killed by people you haven't even seen come around the corner when you were watching that corner the whole time, those extra 40-100 frames per second could mean the difference between life and death, and who likes to die over and over again, especially from some player named Barney The Purple Dinosaur!

I've been looking at getting back into professional gaming, going to every lan event I can & competing in the top tournaments, but just haven't had the money or the system to actually go become a pro gamer.

So I'd definitely go Pro, Join a top competing clan such as Dynamic, Complexity, or NET, and I'd endorse Hothardware & Asus at every event,

even coming up with my own Tshirt or Republic of Gamers costume to show my appreciation and wear while terrorizing gamers with my awesome setup,

not to mention the number of people who stop by my lan seat just to see what real gaming is suppose to look like!

Thanks for the chance to win, and so much for your time and consideration!!

If you pick me I guarantee I'd be a Hothardware fan and supporter for life!!

-Shane Dickson (OregonSlacker)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
mypg0306 replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:30 PM

My entry here: http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz74/mypg0306/HotHardware/, thanks!

Page 5 of 9 (329 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS