Microsoft's J Allard Rumored To Be Leaving The Company

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,181
Points 1,185,815
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, May 22 2010 11:00 AM
When you hear "Microsoft," you probably think of a few things: Windows,for one. Bill Gates is another. Maybe even Steve Ballmer, the company'scurrent CEO. But unless you're a loyal follower of the company, you maynot be familiar with J Allard. But you should be. This guy has had ahand in many, many Microsoft projects, and a lot of those have hit theretail world. In other words, he has more impact in how your Microsoftproduct looks and acts than most people realize. His official title,even now, is "Chief Experience Officer and Chief Technology Officer,Entertainment and Devices Division." That's a long and fancy way ofsaying that he's way up the totem pole when it comes to moldingMicrosoft's "fun products."

A few months back, you may remember that the so-called "Courier"project was killed. Microsoft never openly said that the Courier wasreal, and they never admitted that it would be coming to retail. Butaccording to new reports from deep within Redmond, there were someheated discussions between J Allard and CEO Steve Ballmer about theCourier, and the former really wanted to make it happen. Needless tosay, having your baby project killed off isn't any fun, and now Allardhas seemingly vanished for the past little while.

ZDNet states that he's currently on sabbatical, but the kicker is thathe's "unlikely to return to Microsoft." Allard has made huge impacts onXbox, Zune, and loads of other Microsoft products, and if he stepsaway, they'll need a serious replacement on the double. It should beinteresting to see how all this plays out; it's kind of odd to thinkabout how much of an impact one guy can have on such a massive company,but Allard's fingerprints are all over tons of the entertainment yousee and enjoy every day--at least if your household is stuffed withMicrosoft products.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, May 22 2010 2:49 PM

Hey, I knew who that guy is! Time to update my sig.

Seriously, this is MS's loss. 15+ years of experience will be walking out the door, and I can't think of many replacements that would want to deal with Ballmer face-to-chair on a regular basis.

3vi1 - Loyal follower of Microsoft.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Sat, May 22 2010 3:54 PM

I will gladly take his job. I speak my mind and am not afraid of some CEO. If he dont like it, fine his company, just dont get mad when i sell my idea to Sony and rake in some royalties. Maybe next time he will listen to what i have to say :P

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, May 22 2010 4:17 PM

Yes... I'm sure he'd take your dissenting opinions well. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1274983729713522403#

[View:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1274983729713522403#]

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Sat, May 22 2010 10:54 PM

Brown nosers and kiss arses never invoke change, it is disagreements that foster compromise which in turn causes change.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sun, May 23 2010 8:54 AM

MS does not change, for anyone.

"This antitrust thing will blow over. We haven't changed our business practices at all. -- Bill Gates, 1995"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 194
Points 1,430
Xylem replied on Mon, May 24 2010 12:04 AM

This is the last thing M$ wants. I think Steve should concentrate his energy elsewhere in fighting off Apple, rather than fighting his own people! Stick out tongue

Travel Rig |Acer Aspire One - ZG5 Mods so far |Toshiba MK4009GAL 40GB.4 - port USB HUB with BT, Touchscreen & GPS. 1GB RAM upgrade. | 

Main Rig |Core 2 Quad Q6600(3.2GHz), 2x2GB OCZ Reaper 800 MHz RAM, 19" AOC 913FW, 2 x 500GB WD HDD & 2 x 1TB WD Green, nVIDIA 8600GT 1GB

Suzuki Swift GTi | 2008 Version | Lots of mods in pipeline.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS