NZXT Vulcan m-ATX Enclosure: A Lot Of Style For $70

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,085
Points 1,183,160
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 10 2010 3:11 PM
NZXT is well known for delivering pretty wild looking PC enclosures,and while Lian-Li is as well, at least NZXT keeps pricing somewhatreasonable. The company's latest is the Vulcan, an m-ATX chassis thatwill be available to purchase by the end of the month. It's a member ofthe company's Crafted Series, and it integrated an array of advancedfeatures into a compact solution with a built-in rubber coated handlefor easy transport to LAN parties.

The Vulcan ships with a pairof 120mm fans, a 200mm fan, and an 80mm front fan, so keeping thingscool should be easy. There's an all-black inside, wire routing holes, aLED control swtich and a CPU heatsink backplate cutout. The greatestnews of all is the $69.99 MSRP, which should make bargain gamers smilefrom ear to ear. Now to get ahold of a new Phenom II X4...

NZXT Unveils Vulcan Micro ATX Chassis
Latest member of NZXT’s Crafted Series boasts, advanced portability, superior cooling, and maximum expandability in a powerfully compact package for under $70

El Monte, CA – May 10, 2010 – NZXT, a company built on realizing the dreams of gamers worldwide, is proud to announce Vulcan, a Micro ATX case that integrates an array of advanced features into a compact solution with a built-in rubber coated handle for easy transport to LAN parties.  As with all of NZXT’s offerings, Vulcan offers extensive cooling capabilities with options for fans including 2 x120mm(one included), 1 x 200mm, 1 x 80mm, a front 120mm intake fan(included), and a dual 8W channel fan controller.  PC enthusiasts will enjoy an array of features that enhance build aesthetics with an all black interior, wire routing holes, an LED control switch, and a CPU heatsink backplate cutout.  Vulcan also incorporates an advanced mesh design for enhanced airflow and a removable hard drive cage for quick and easy access.

“Most Micro ATX cases currently on the market make a lot of sacrifices to save space” said Johnny Hou, Chief Designer at NZXT.  “With Vulcan, we’re making a huge statement by empowering gamers with a portable solution that is 40% more compact than ATX full towers that still offers superior cooling and space for larger heatsinks and the most demanding graphics cards like the Radeon 5970 in CrossFire.”

Vulcan will be available at the end of May for the MSRP of $69.99(€59.99).  For more information visit http://nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/vulcan.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Pretty wicked!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Sweet! Like the handle.

Does it come with a Pon'Far Button?

That is pretty much my style, and at a good price! To bad it is going to be more than twice that price because of shipping to HI :(

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Mon, May 10 2010 8:10 PM

I dunno... It's called a Vulcan, but it's obviously part one of a kit to...

BUILD YOUR OWN STAR WARS POWER DROID!

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, May 10 2010 10:05 PM

:D im sure someone will actually put some of those legs on this case in the future... :P lol

Love the design, the portability is a extra for me because its just going to be sitting on my desk 24/7/365 :D

Not Ranked
Posts 78
Points 675

That's some case. Why is the computer practically see through? wouldn't that give off more noise and take in more dust. For some reason I don't really care, it looks really nice.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, May 11 2010 9:29 AM

Sweet looking box for the price. I like the design and the cooling built into it.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS