President Obama Says He Can't Operate An iPod Or iPad

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,732
Points 1,209,230
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, May 9 2010 3:52 PM
It's true: the most powerful man in the Western World doesn't know how to operate an iPod, an iPad, an Xbox or a PlayStation. At a graduation commencement ceremony today at Hampton University in Virginia, U.S. President Barack Obama stated the following: "With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation."

The quote was obviously part of a larger point, that the information overload world in which we live can often become more of a burden than something empowering. He also noted that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," and told students that they were "coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter."

He claimed that these gadgets and these various pressures were "not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy." We tend to agree somewhat. Gadgets, and the connected social environment in which we live, can be fun. Having a smartphone and a constant connection to the Internet can be extremely helpful in certain circumstances. But it can also act as a ball-and-chain, holding you down and refusing to let you break away to just breathe, and live your life.

But as weird as it is to think that the man elected President of the United States can't even operate an iPod, we're glad he's spending his time focusing on more important matters and not at the local Genius Bar.
  • | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Sun, May 9 2010 4:09 PM

OMG has Hell frozen over??? I actually agree with what Obama has to say.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180

Yes he is indeed telling the truth. As much as I love technology it can burden one down. I find myself having a hard time pulling away from my computer to find some time for myself to relax and clear my head of the lifes daily grind. I have not owned a TV in years so I am doing good on that end now bad part is my computer usage has quadrupled over that span. I do manage my time better, the blame is on me I take full responsibility.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

Not gunna lie, but I have been a sucker for technology my whole life. I never really fine time to settle down anymore because I always feel the need to be at my computer. Now though, I've finally figured an escape. For a while I had been trying to learn guitar with this acoustic Ibanez, but it just wasn't cutting it. So I recently came across a Fender Strat, Line 6 Spider 3 Amp and a chromatic tuner FOR FREE. Let's just say that my days are half spent on the computer and playing the Halo: Reach beta, and the other half playing my guitar.

Music has always been an escape for me, but now that I can play it, I don't want to leave.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 2,780
Chainzsaw replied on Mon, May 10 2010 10:32 AM

(Queue flight of the valkyrie) Apple suing in 3...2....1...

Or sending a team to help Obama operate a IPAD or IPOD

Current computer:

Asus G73JH-A1

Core i7 720QM

Mobility Radeon 5870 1GBVRAM

8GB Ram

1 X OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

1 X 500GB HDD

17.3FHD (1080P) Panel

Blu Ray Drive (reader)

HDMI Out

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,766
Points 105,075
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, May 10 2010 1:21 PM

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work"

Sounds like BS to me.

Obama should concentrate on 'OPERATING' troop withdrawals in Iraq and Afghanistan and 'shady-prison' closures at Guantanamo Bay before he tackles such as the IPad.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Mon, May 10 2010 5:05 PM

There is a picture somewhere on the web of Obama playing games on his blackberry lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Mon, May 10 2010 5:15 PM

http://www.nonsensenews.net/2009/02/17/obama-playing-video-games-on-blackberry-all-day/

LOL... not sure how accurate all the information in that article is... but it's not the first time or place i've read about Obama playing games lol

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Move along...Nothing to see here... You just need to keep working(or not work) and not worry about what I do to your country!

I mean come on, a fracking five year old can operate those things.

Besides Neil you must realize he doesn't care about the troops. Since they are mostly American thinkers. He feels they could all get lost because they wont vote for him and it will just increase the positive votes on his side. I think our boys need to come home and focus on the enemies in our domestic mists! Maybe redistribute some of their wealth! Maybe you and I can split Al Gores Billions, since he has already made to much?

This is all propaganda at lightning speed. he is playing to the youth and organizing. Making them think they are smart, while they sit in their parents basement blogging about how stupid everyone else is. He may not know how to operate these devises, but he does know how to use other devices to manipulate. Oh wait a minute, what was that quote from that genius, who follows this genius?

"Perhaps you should seek instruction from differrent providers to further your education."

Let me just point out that attack from firstsensum (only 2posts, just for that reason) proves my point! That is an exact copy, this genius could not even hit the spell check button! Maybe he didn't know how to operate technology either, because he is busy being to worldly and edumacated! He does not understand peoples differences or respects their freedoms/knowledge, and knows he's smart because people tell him so!

Maybe if he went to Different educators, then maybe he would know how to degrade people in Different ways. And not only the way people tell him to! Now that would be Drfferrent !:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 190

Give that Obamma's response to the CIA when they wanted him to give up his black berry for national security was, "when you pry it from my cold dead hand" I'm pretty sure he kmnows damn well how to use all of those devices. Then aagin, the Ipod has only the wheel...how you not operate that?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS