ViewSonic Takes 3D To The Projector With XGA PJD5352

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,846
Points 1,114,875
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Apr 21 2010 2:52 AM
3D cinemas, 3D handhelds, 3D glasses, and 3D HDTVs. What's next? 3Dprojectors! If a 50" (or larger) 3D TV isn't large enough for you andyour family, ViewSonic is making a move to bring the 3D frenzy that hastaken the world by storm to a slightly larger format. The new PJD5352projector is a short-throw device that can work in extremely smallspaces, casting a 50" image at a distance of just 3 feet away.

There's a DLP chip within the XGA projector, a 1.2x optical zoom, 2600lumens and a 3000:1 contrast ratio. It also supports a 120Hz framerate, 5W speaker and a weight of 5.5lbs. Several other convenientfeatures include multiple preset presentationmodes, closed captioning for the hearing impaired, an “Off to Go”feature for bypassing the usual cool down phase and a Kensingtonsecurity lock and security bar for increased theft deterrence.

It's available now for $749, but we get the feeling that most consumerswill wait for an HD version of the 3D projector. If you're going 3D,you might as well go 720p or 1080p too, right?

ViewSonic® Moves Projectors to the Front Row

Powerful new XGA 3D-capable short throw PJD5352 produces a 50” image at a distance of only three feet
WALNUT, Calif. - April 20, 2010

ViewSonic® Corp., a leading global provider of visual display, computing and digital content solutions, today announced the commercial availability of its PJD5352 portable 3D-capable short throw projector.

An advanced short throw DLP projector, the PJD5352 is ideal for giving both multimedia lessons in the classroom and dynamic presentations in the boardroom. Equipped with BrilliantColor™ technology, a short 0.9 throw ratio and 1.2X optical zoom, the PJD5352 produces a 50” image with life-like color and clarity at a distance of only three feet away. Delivering 2,600 lumens with a 1024x768 XGA native resolution and 3,000:1 contrast ratio with DCR, this projector performs in even the brightest environment.

With an amazingly fast 120Hz frame rate and integrated 5W speaker, this versatile projector supports Texas Instruments’ DLP® Link™ technology, making it optimized for 2D and 3D performance. At just 5.5 lbs., this projector is designed for tabletop use or it can be mounted on the wall with an optional short throw mount. Several other convenient features include multiple preset presentation modes, closed captioning for the hearing impaired, an “Off to Go” feature for bypassing the usual cool down phase and a Kensington security lock and security bar for increased theft deterrence.

For power consumption, the PJD5352’s Eco Mode offers up to a 6,000-hour lamp life and reduced noise, and <1W energy usage with its Power Saving Mode. Teamed with a filter-free design and non-degrading DLP light engine, the PJD5352 provides for easy maintenance and one of the lowest total costs of ownership (TCO) in the industry.

ViewSonic’s Finch Club offers resellers an opportunity to benefit from specialized product training and discounts. To sign up, please visit FinchClub.com.

For further information on ViewSonic products and news, visit ViewSonic.com, or follow ViewSonic on Facebook®, YouTube® and Twitter®.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Points 945
JoelB replied on Wed, Apr 21 2010 10:09 AM

So, I'm assuming this would use shutter glasses, given the refresh rate? A little while ago I saw some 1080p projectors for sale at a local computer store. They were discounted to $500, and I was almost tempted to get a pair of them and make a polarized 3D setup.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Optoma Has the HD66 and GT700, which are a 720 and 1080p 3D projectors. Both of which are in the under 800 ballpark.

I am not familiar with Viewsonic as far as projectors go, which is why I will stick to Optima.

If they were hoping to compete in this market it would have been better to bump it up to 1080p, with a higher contrast ratio, and pulled a price around 1K. The people who buy projectors, know what they are looking for, and I don't think there is alot of impulse buys for projectors these days.

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance