Ports on router randomly not working

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 Posted: Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:19 PM

Hey guys, this has been driving me nuts for the past couple months and I'd really like to get to the bottom of it. I have a D-Link DGL-4300 router and for some reason when my computer comes out of standby the port on the router goes dead. It happens to any port I am plugged into ( I have tried all 4). I can get it working again by simply unplugging and replugging into another port 99% of the time. A few times it takes 3 or 4 different tries for it to work or power cycling the router to get it to come back up. While the computer is in standby the activity light is on for the port on the router but as soon as I come out of standby it goes dead. It doesn't happen all the time either. It's very random but happens quite often. I am using a Rampage extreme II MB in my computer. I have updated the lan controller drivers and everything but it still does it. Any suggestions?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 1,710

At the computer side, are the lights on the upper left/right of the port on when the activity lights for your port on the router is off? Or are both the lights on the computer port and the router activity port light off at the same time?  Just making sure that it's the router and not the computer. If the lights on both computer and router don't light up, it could actually be your computer because your computer isn't sending anything to the router.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS