Zotac Introduces New GeForce GTX 470 And GTX 480 Graphics Cards

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,356
Points 1,191,615
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:21 PM
Asus has already announced their version of NVIDIA's new Fermi-basedGPUs, and now Zotac is stepping in with new versions of the GeForce GTX470 and GTX 480 as well. The specs here are all what you would expect;the 480 has a 700MHz Engine Clock speed, 480 unified shaders, 1401MHzshader clock, 1.5GB of GDDR5 RAM, a 384-bit memory interface and3696MHz. The 470 has a 607MHz engine clock speed, 448 unified shaders,a 1.2GHz shader clock, 1.2GB of GDDR5 memory, a 320-bit memoryinterface and a 3.3GHz memory clock. Both units have two Dual-LinkDVI-I outputs, a mini-HDMI 1.3a output, PCI Express 2.0, DirectX 11support, compatibility with NVIDIA's 3D Vision Surround.

ZOTAC Unleashes Next-Generation Graphics Cards

New ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 and GeForce GTX 470 deliver word-class performance and features

HONG KONG – Mar. 26, 2010 – ZOTACInternational, the world’s largest manufacturer of graphics cards,motherboards and mini-PCs in the channel, today unleashes the world’smost powerful graphics cards capable of delivering a phenomenal gamingexperience and unmatched processing power  – the new ZOTAC GeForce® GTX480 and GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards. The ZOTAC GeForce® GTX480 and GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards take gaming to uncharted levelswith new Microsoft® DirectX® 11, 32x anti-aliasing, NVIDIA® 3D Vision™Surround and HDMI 1.3a technologies.

The new ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 deliver exceptionalperformance and visuals with an enhanced unified architecture thatfeatures hundreds of programmable unified shaders ready to process allGPU needs for extreme high-definition 3D gaming and everyday tasks. Theunified architecture combines with a large 1536MB frame buffer on theZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and 1280MB frame buffer on the ZOTAC GeForce®GTX 470 to deliver high-quality details and breathtaking performance.

“ZOTACis always on the leading edge of technology. Our latest ZOTAC GeForce®GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 incorporates all the latest technologiesand features users crave and combines them into a single PCI Expressx16 graphics card,” said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTACInternational. “The result is a pair of technologically advancedgraphics cards that deliver world-class performance.”

NewMicrosoft® DirectX® 11 with Shader Model 5.0 technology enables theZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 to take visual realism tonew heights with integrated GPU-accelerated tessellation.GPU-accelerated tessellation technology delivers photo-realisticvisuals and details in supported games for in-game characters andenvironments that visually mimic reality with the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX480 and GeForce® GTX 470.

TheZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 deliver high-qualitydetails with an enhanced anti-aliasing algorithm that delivers up to32x sample rates. The improved anti-aliasing technology in the ZOTACGeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 delivers lightning-fastperformance and superior visuals free of annoying jagged edges.

NVIDIA®3D Vision™ Surround technology enables gamers that combine a pair ofZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 or GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards with NVIDIA®SLI™ technology to experience the epitome of immersive gaming. NVIDIA®3D Vision™ Surround technology expands games across three displays withreal 3D effects for a gaming experience that immersive gamers with thevirtual world.

NVIDIA® PhysX® technology completes the immersive gaming experience with the ZOTAC GeForce®GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards. PhysX® technology deliverslife-like environmental, weather, explosion, fire and other effectsthat leave you breathless with the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce®GTX 470.

“TheZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards are a majoradvancement in graphics technology. The level of visual realism,performance and immersion delivered by the cards are simplyastonishing,” Mr. Berger. “You really have to completely experiencewhat the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 have to deliverfirst-hand to believe it.”

NewHDMI 1.3a technology enables the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce®GTX 470 with crystal clear 8-channel digital surround sound, xvYCC andDeepColor technologies. HDMI xvYCC and DeepColor technologies deliversupport for up to 48-bit color depths that go beyond the traditional32-bit color depths for more vibrant colors and richer black-levels.

NVIDIA® CUDA™technology accelerates everyday tasks such as video processing andimage editing using the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® 470graphics cards. GPU-accelerated video processing and image editing withthe ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 results in performance that exceeds the world’s fastest desktop CPUs.

TheZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 ship with two technologyshowcase applications – Supersonic Sled and Design Garage – that letusers instantly take advantage of the potential and performance of whatthe graphics cards have to offer.

SupersonicSled is a racing game showcase that lets users race a rocket-drivensled down a 6-mile track while showcasing DirectX® 11 GPU-acceleratedtessellation, PhysX® and CUDA™technologies. Design Garage demonstrates the power of ray tracingtechnology and enables gamers to interact with the latesthigh-performance cars with incredible photo-realistic details usingevery ounce of power from the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards.

It’s time to play with the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 480 and GeForce® GTX 470 graphics cards.

General details

• New ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 & GeForce GTX 470 graphics cards
  • NVIDIA Fermi architecture
  • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480
    • Engine clock: 700 MHz
    • 480 Unified Shaders
    • Shader clock: 1401 MHz
    • 1536MB GDDR5 memory
    • 384-bit memory interface
    • Memory clock: 3696 MHz
  • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 470
    • Engine clock: 607 MHz
    • 448 Unified Shaders
    • Shader clock: 1215 MHz
    • 1280MB GDDR5 memory
    • 320-bit memory interface
    • Memory clock: 3348 MHz
  • Dual dual-link DVI-I outputs
  • Mini HDMI 1.3a output
  • PCI Express 2.0 interface (Compatible with 1.1)
  • DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 compatible
  • OpenGL 3.2 compatible
  • NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround ready
  • NVIDIA CUDA & PhysX ready
  • NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology
  • Microsoft DirectX 11 & DirectCompute ready
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:19 PM

Never owned a Zotac card. Seems a very "referencey"/standard implementation, though I wouldn't expect anyone to stray too far at this early stage.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:26 PM

Can't say I would purchase anything from them as they haven't really earned a reputable name in my book. Not saying they make shotty products just that they haven't been around long enough and made any noticable impact like some other key players. I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience if they have owned any of their products.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Zotac makes some cool stuff. Like the Micro ATX boards with sockets 775, AM3, and 1156 with full size PCI-e slots. I would like to see them break the molds like they do with motherboards, but like 3vi1 said I wouldn't expect much this early in the game.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:48 PM

Good info Bob. Have you owned any of them though. I'd be more concerned about reliability of their products. It's sort of the same concept as say when G. skill first started making a name for themselves. I wasn't brave enough to buy their memory until a bunch of others had verified their reliability.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

No, I don't have any personal experience with them, though I would love to get my hands on one of there mobos. If I had a use for another PC. Maybe a linux box set up with synergy. MMMM.

This is the one of the ones I am talking about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500041 Also I meant Mini ITX not MicroATX

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Well, I wouldn't kick it out of my box,If I got one for free.

Although I would probably sell it and buy two ATI's :P

Funny to see the casing for the CX being put to use with a metal grill! I am surprised they didn't put a rhinestone "Bling" on the top of it :)

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:54 AM

I haven't owned any Zotac products myself, but I do know someone at work who made a cool little gaming lan box with a Zotac mini-ITX motherboard.

His build:

Silverstone SUGO SG05 mini-ITX case

Zotac mini-ITX GF9300 (LINK)

Intel Q9550

GTS 240

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:11 PM

So is the build good? reliable? with the mobo? You got to mention that as the build's product list isn't proving anything :) lol.We will see more and more companies come out with these cards so there's no need to jump to any on these smaller companies yet Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 4:52 PM

Inspector:

So is the build good? reliable? with the mobo? You got to mention that as the build's product list isn't proving anything :) lol.We will see more and more companies come out with these cards so there's no need to jump to any on these smaller companies yet Smile

He loves the build. He hasn't mentioned any problems yet.

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Is that supposed to be Zardoz on the front of the box? seriously look it up, Bond never looked so crazy :P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
armandozx replied on Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:14 AM

Zotac is as good of a brand as XFX and BFG. So far I have been very happy with the support they have provided when I RMA my 8800GTX for a GTX 260 Core 2. I would buy a card from them any day of the week granted they give a good competitive price.

http://hothardware.com/Articles/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-260-Core-216-EVGA-Zotac/

http://hothardware.com/Articles/-Zotac-GeForce-GTX-285-Infinity-Edition-/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180
la_guy_10 replied on Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:22 PM

This would be a good way to pick up Fermi and save a little as most of the cards are reference with the same cooler just a different sticker attached. Never anything bad about Zotac but I know a few Nvidia partners went under looks like Zotac is hanging tough.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS