CyberPower Announces First NVIDIA Fermi-Based Gaming Desktop PCs

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,876
Points 1,172,995
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:28 PM
Fermi! It's here! After hearing about NVIDIA's next huge play in theGPU world for months on end, the card that is destined to overtake thebest Radeon out there has arrived. In a CyberPower machine, so far. Weanticipate NVIDIA to unveil the next-gen GPU at any moment from the PAXtrade show floor, but CyberPower is giving us a heads-up that theGeForce GTX 470 and GeForce GTX 480 are real cards, and they'll be forsale starting today.

This news follows up on rumors that we heard earlier in the week, andeverything seems to be accurate. CyberPower will be equipping theirhigh-end gaming desktops with NVIDIA's Fermi-based line of GPUs, addingDirectX 11 support and compatibility with 3D Vision Surround, CUDA andPhysX. The flagship Black Pearl, Black Mamba Fang series and GamerXtreme lines will get the new cards, and all of them can be paired withIntel's latest Core 2010 line of processors.

Customers will be able to choose from NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 480 GeForceGTX 470 graphics cards in single, dual, or even triple video cardconfigurations, though hard pricing details are not yet beingannounced. Get ready to pony up, we're guessing!

CyberPower Adds Crystal Clarity and Blazing Speed to its Gaming PCs

With NVIDIA’s new “Fermi” Video Cards

BALDWIN PARK, CA (March 26, 2010) – CyberPower Inc. www.cyberpowerpc.com today announced that its high-end gaming desktop PCs will be infused with NVIDIA’s new Fermi graphics processor. The Fermi architecture for Windows 7 desktop PCs brings a new level of realism to gaming with DirectX11 support, 3D Vision Surround, CUDA architecture for faster downloads and readbacks, and PhysX for more realistic gaming interaction.

CyberPower ‘s top-of-the-line Black Pearl, Black Mamba Fang Series and Gamer Xtreme 3D desktop gaming rigs will all feature NVIDIA’s Fermi cards.  CyberPower’s entire Gamer Xtreme line will also have options for customers to upgrade to NVIDIA Fermi architecture cards.  When combined with Intel’s latest six-core process CPUS, CyberPower customers can be assured their custom gaming PC will pump out geometric realism, while offering increased image quality, and extreme performance.

CyberPower customers can choose between NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 480 GeForce GTX 470 graphics cards in single, dual, or even triple video card configurations.

CyberPower customers are assured that Fermi-based systems will have all the compatible components such as SLI-ready motherboards, power supplies and cooling options to be able to add a second GPU without having to upgrade any components. 

All CyberPower Fermi-equipped systems can be easily customized with a number of hard drive and/or SSD, optical drive, memory, and other peripheral components options at the company website. All systems are pre-loaded with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Operating System to enhance your gaming and multimedia experience.

All CyberPower computer systems come with a 3-year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support.

About CyberPower Inc.

CyberPower Inc. www.cyberpowerpc.com was founded in 1998 and has emerged as one of the leading custom computer system manufacturers. Headquartered in Baldwin Park in Southern California, CyberPower manufactures and distributes a complete line of custom built Gaming Desktops, Gaming notebooks and high performance workstations to meet the unique needs of gamers, businesses, government agencies, educational institutions and other end-users. For more information contact: Sales (800) 707-0393; Email cyberpower@cyberpowerpc.com.

All products/company names are either trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:55 PM

Cool, the long awaited card is here. The case inthe picture is so colorful on the inside :p lol.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I saw the review of these on AOTS. They absolutely loved them, they said these had the best benchmarks of any gaming PC. The only thing they dropped a point for was the price.

The display panel on the front is really functional and looks cool. I haven't heard much about the Fermi cards. yet from my last review on those things. I still feel the 1600 Core processors of the ATI cards, are not only enough. But good overkill for any DX11 game out there.

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:25 AM

Way too colorful for me.

If you can outfit that system with 2 or even 3 GTX 480, I hope the cooling of that case is enough. Two front 120mm fans are nice, but you probably don't want to put in too many hard drives which will start to kill the airflow. Maybe should have put more side panel fans or just one giant one like on the Cooler Master HAF.

animatortom:

I saw the review of these on AOTS. They absolutely loved them, they said these had the best benchmarks of any gaming PC. The only thing they dropped a point for was the price.

The display panel on the front is really functional and looks cool. I haven't heard much about the Fermi cards. yet from my last review on those things. I still feel the 1600 Core processors of the ATI cards, are not only enough. But good overkill for any DX11 game out there.

That display panel is a fan controller unit made by NZXT. Costs $60 at Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992004&cm_re=nzxt_sentry-_-11-992-004-_-Product

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

I love that fan controller if and when i ever run a water cooling rig I want one of them bad boys

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:40 AM

The display panel is definitly a NZXT unit the case is the upgrade for the case I got on the last contest PC. I got the Thermaltake Element S, that is the Element V full tower. As for running three GTX 480 GPU I don't think it would be possible. First up that would be 750 watts of power needed for the GPU's alone, not to even mention the amount of heat it would produce. I am pretty sure it would also flood the PCI-X bus especially considering most manufacturers use part of that bandwidth (PCI-X) for there USB 3 and SATA 3 as well I think.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:44 PM

The new NV cards may not have had the gaming performance marks we were expecting, but I imagine one of these triple-card rigs would put up phenomenal scores for distributed computing apps.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 1,660

I Have a good question is cyber power pc owner/owned by ibuypower or affiliated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,248
Points 11,580

Nope  (in answer to the above question)

Smooth Creations LANShark "Blue Flame" + ASUS G73JH-A2 + ASUS EeePC S101H

"I frag therefore I am!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:48 AM

rapid1:

The display panel is definitly a NZXT unit the case is the upgrade for the case I got on the last contest PC. I got the Thermaltake Element S, that is the Element V full tower. As for running three GTX 480 GPU I don't think it would be possible. First up that would be 750 watts of power needed for the GPU's alone, not to even mention the amount of heat it would produce. I am pretty sure it would also flood the PCI-X bus especially considering most manufacturers use part of that bandwidth (PCI-X) for there USB 3 and SATA 3 as well I think.

I think Gigabyte does that. Some of the Asus boards shouldn't do that though. That is why they say stuff like "True USB 3.0 and SATA 6 GB/s."

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 105
Points 960
Zestia replied on Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:32 PM

Agreed. Too much color for me as well.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:03 PM

Well you guys can always get a different case or just not use the lighting :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Mon, Mar 29 2010 6:06 PM

Inspector:

Well you guys can always get a different case or just not use the lighting :)

Certainly true.

But to have that as the showcase for a press release. I think it would have been better to show that red NZXT Hades case in the top right of the original post or any other "mainstream" case that would appeal to more consumers. Just saying that it could have been a better PR move because that is the first impression we get of this new product.

But yes, once you get over that first impression and decide to go to CyberPower to check out their stuff, one will find more case options. It is just that some people don't get past that first impression and give companies another chance.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

Haha nice. Now all we have to do is wait a few months for a price drop. 

I don't mind the case, I rather like it. Of course I'm practical, most of the time my focus is going to be on the monitor and not the neons inside my case =D 

That is of course considering that my case is even within my peripherals. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS