Origin PC Ships EON15 Gaming Notebook With Core i7 CPU

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,886
Points 1,173,660
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:15 AM
Origin PC made quite the entrance when they entered the gaming PC scenea few months ago, but it takes more than just two machines to reallyget any major chunk of market share. In order to suit even more needs,the company has just introduced the EON15, a 15" gaming notebook thatpacks plenty of power.

Described as a machine that "doesn't make any compromises," this newrig sports an Intel Core i7 CPU, NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 285M GPU and 7.1channel audio support. There's also a full-size keyboard with numericpad, and those who love style will enjoy the personalized top coverpainting by Killer Paint. The 15.6" Full HD panel is great for 1080pcontent, and the HDMI output makes it easy to port that onto an HDTV ifyou want. Origin PC is also offering up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 7-in-1card reader, Gigabit Ethernet jack, a dual-layer Blu-ray combo driveand optional SSDs.

The machine is highly customizable, and it can be equipped with as muchcutting edge hardware as your wallet can stand. The base model startsat $1900, but you'll end up spending near $3000 before things getreally wild.

It’s the inside that counts and with ORIGIN it’s not just lip service. The EON15 delivers the goods offering an Intel Core i7 processor, an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 285M Graphics Card and up to 7.1 High Definition Audio all with a full size keyboard with numeric pad. Everything you need to bring the pain.

Under the hood the EON15 has the goods to play the most graphically intensive games and run your daily applications flawlessly. Above the hood take advantage of ORIGIN’s Personalized Top Cover Painting by Killer Paint. Round it out with ORIGIN’s lifetime support and what you have is powerful performance and gaming perfection in a travel-size package.

Clear Dominance
It’s all about the visuals whether you are playing the latest game or watching the newest Blu-ray release. The EON15 sports a 15.6 Full HD Widescreen with LED Back lighting at 16:9 (1080p), 1920x1980 resolution and with the added HDMI port you can connect your system to almost any Hi-Def screen or projector.

The Performance Arts
In the sea of bland gray and black laptops your system can stand out as a unique masterpiece. Let ORIGIN and Killer Paint customize your rig with personalized logos and Top Cover Painting. When you step away from the table victorious they will remember you, your EON15 and the beating you just gave them.

A Gamers Wish List
A great team has powerful starters and a strong bench. The EON15 follows that proverb by offering not only a powerful starting team consisting of an Intel Core i7 processor, an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 285M Graphics, up to 8GB’s of Dual Channel DDR3 - 1333Mhz memory and Solid State Hard drives, but intangibles such as a Built in 7-in-1 Media Card reader, an optional Dual Layer Blu-ray Burner Combo, a Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 network adapter and Touch Sensitive Instant Access buttons and much more. The EON15 is truly a gamers wish list.

A Lifetime Commitment
ORIGIN understands that the best system is only as good as the team that stands behind it. From day one you’re the boss and you can always count on the dedicated members of Team ORIGIN to be there through the life of your EON15.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

HDMI, That alone is a very good selling point. To top it off, Blu-Ray and 7.1 audio!!

Now we don't have to go buy a separate Blu-Ray, and a separate HD player. Or all the connectivity products to port a PC towards your TV.

These are all top selling point. I would mention something about Not having a 17" monitor, yet instead a 15"? I would normally not go for that in a gaming laptop, but since it has HDI and is able to connect to projectors and TV's, that is not even an issue.

I have never really hear of Origin, before the first giveaway. But now I am very impressed with how they compile their rigs! I can definitely see them overtaking Alienware, and maybe even forcing them to actually lower their prices. :P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,230
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:57 AM

This is a nice little laptop. The price seems to be a little less than other companies charge too. If I was looking for a high end Laptop, I would definitely consider this one.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,230
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:58 AM

SANDERS.1986 IS SPAMMING OUR SITE!!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Points 945
JoelB replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:16 AM

Ban the wench!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Points 945
JoelB replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:17 AM

Something I don't particularly get is all the hubub about 7.1 audio. I don't think I've seen a single set of computer speakers that are 7.1 Are people just hooking them up to cheap home theatre packages?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 190
NoobfromNS replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:14 AM

But what if I a need a nice accessory for my wahtever..i ddin't read it as soon as it started goinon about jewery...have to wonder though about the targetting of this add? Anyone here, think of how purses and such are in anyway relevant.

Orgin is very good at what they do. they build them strong and solid, and ofer ultimate customization and the best in service as far as warranty and repair goes. however you pay for that, and you pay a lot.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 862
Points 11,010
RyuGTX replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:43 PM

JoelB:

Something I don't particularly get is all the hubub about 7.1 audio. I don't think I've seen a single set of computer speakers that are 7.1 Are people just hooking them up to cheap home theatre packages?

Neither do I. But I bet the cost difference to companies are pretty small between 5.1 and 7.1 audio support. Might not look as good if a company offered a laptop that only did 5.1, even if most users won't be taking advantage of 7.1. Because there are so many notebooks on the market, you don't want to fall behind on anything.

If you think you can’t do something, you’ll never be able to do it. No matter how easy it is.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

The thing about 7.1! DTS-ES, Dolby Digital-EX, THX When you have something like this with an HDMI output. You can hook it up to your receiver then to your TV or Projector and watch Blu-Ray movies. It will basically be a Home Theatre laptop.

The only thing about 7.1 on a PC is you have to have the software to decode it. With Optical out,or HDMI 7.1 on the computer specs is rather redundant. Something like PowerDVD (paid version) will send a signal to the receiver and BAM you have a complete home theatre.

You could basically sit on the couch with this next to you, have it hooked to your Onkyo which is hooked to the projector, and have all control. From there you can watch HD movies, play HD games, surf the web, listen to music or work. All without that old stack of old HT stuff like the Laserdisc player, DVD player, BluRay player, Ipod or PC taking up wasted space. Also if you have all your movies on a hard drive you wouldn't have to get up to change any discs, or flip the old LD :)

Check out the EON18! The design on that one is way cooler than this one! Talk about drool worthy...WOW!! If that could have a WS card in it such as the V8700 That would replace my...Everything!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance