Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Doubles As Wireless Stereo Earbud Setup

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,818
Points 1,166,500
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:23 PM
Why the sudden surge in Bluetooth headsets? Probably because America'slargest cellphone trade show is going on in Las Vegas. CTIA has alreadydelivered a snazzy new piece from BlueAnt, and Samsung Mobile isfollowing that up with the introduction of the Modus. Also known as theHM3500, this "convertible-style" headset boasts dual microphone andnoise cancelling technology that converts to a Stereo Bluetooth headsetfor an enhanced mobile experience.

It's still not discrete enough for our liking, but if you don't careabout looks, the features here are actually pretty nice. Backgroundnoise is all but an afterthought, and it even offers multipointtechnology that allows seamless connectivity between twoBluetooth-enabled audio-streaming devices, including mobile phones,computers and MP3 players. If you happen to be listening wirelessly tomusic when a call comes in, the headset will automatically lower thevolume while alerting you to the incoming call; once you're donetalking, the music will resume.

Another nifty feature is the ability to be worn as-is, or it can beconverted into a Bluetooth stereo headset when connected to theincluded stereo ear bud headset. Since battery life on these is alwaysa make-it-or-break-it point, this one has 6 hours of talk time or 200hours on standby; plenty for all but the heaviest of users. It willcharge via micro-USB, and it will probably be out soon. We say"probably" because the company has yet to make the release date andprice official public knowledge.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:36 AM

I assume there's a (not pictured) wire that plugs into the USB connector with another ear-bud, to make this "stereo"?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,772
Points 40,510
Inspector replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:50 PM

The blueant one does not need an attachment right? if so i rather get the blueant :P

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I totally agree, The blueant one is still waaaay Cooler!

I an not a fan of samsung! Like everything else they produce, it seems they still use the same cheap glossy black plastic and think it makes it look like it is worth its weight in gold. For some reason everything they make seems to be very cheaply produced, and I have always felt that that carries over to the insides as well.

We have bluetooth built into the car, and that has made life so much easier. While driving it automatically brings down the volume and switches over. So, out and about my H500 is still going strong.

Also the features on the Blueant are far superior. Being able to talk in 22MPH wind is a big selling point. The only one on this is the volume adjustment, and I can tell you I don't think I need to be listing to music from a one sided Bluetooth? Does that mean you only get half the stereo?

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance