Apple To Ship Wi-Fi iPad On April 3rd; 3G + Wi-Fi Model In Late April

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,878
Points 1,173,005
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:57 AM
Apple helped us all get over everything we had just seen at CES byintroducing an all new product in their notoriously tight product line,but few details were available at the event for consumers who wereready to buy now. We broke down the pros and cons of the iPad, which isthe first major tablet PC to garner mainstream attention in the newdecade, and now Apple is ready to break down some numbers themselves.

According to a new press release from the California-based company, theiPad will be available in the United States starting on Saturday, April3rd. That's only for the Wi-Fi models though; the 3G (AT&T) + Wi-Fimodels will not ship until "late April." We're actually kind ofperplexed by the ship date. A Saturday seems like a strange day to makea flagship product available given that it would receive far morecoverage during the week, but we're guessing that Apple either knowsthat the media will cancel their weekend plans to cover the launch orthat April 3rd is the absolute earliest that the first batch of iPadunits will be available. Given the buzz around the product, we doubtthat Apple is keen on shipping them any later than they have to.

Starting a week from now, on March 12, U.S. customers can pre-orderboth the Wi-Fi and 3G + Wi-Fi models from Apple.com, or they canreserve a Wi-Fi model at an Apple retail store. Will you be one ofthose who commits before even getting the chance to play with one? Orare you taking things more slowly to see if it is really worth the hype?
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,248
Points 11,580

What hype? All the hype I have heard other then Apple spew has been that it sucks. Seriously, why do I want to spend so much money on an over sized iPod? Even alot of Apple Fanbois are iffy about this thing.

Smooth Creations LANShark "Blue Flame" + ASUS G73JH-A2 + ASUS EeePC S101H

"I frag therefore I am!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,135
acarzt replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:14 PM

One fanboy I was speaking with seems to think it's revolutionary lol Personally... I don't see it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:21 PM

Yeah; I think in general it seems to be the fanatics only, at least to a great degree. The iPhone pack in many cases at least from what I've seen recognizes this for what it basically is, an oversize iPod Touch/iPhone combination. It will be interesting to see how it performs market wise when they release it. Either way I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed, but we will see.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575

Its not a over sized iphone because an iphone can make calls and more :P lol.

@Acarzt well those are the only people that's going to really be excited to buy it (apple fan boys)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 194
Points 1,430
Xylem replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:01 PM

I have a couple of people here, who obviously are iPhone owners and they seem to be overtly excited about this stupid thing!!

Really tried explaining what the iPad can really do, only to realize they were so dumb that inevitably they would buy it!! Stick out tongue

Travel Rig |Acer Aspire One - ZG5 Mods so far |Toshiba MK4009GAL 40GB.4 - port USB HUB with BT, Touchscreen & GPS. 1GB RAM upgrade. | 

Main Rig |Core 2 Quad Q6600(3.2GHz), 2x2GB OCZ Reaper 800 MHz RAM, 19" AOC 913FW, 2 x 500GB WD HDD & 2 x 1TB WD Green, nVIDIA 8600GT 1GB

Suzuki Swift GTi | 2008 Version | Lots of mods in pipeline.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:45 PM

HEY! i'm a iphone owner! :( lol but i don't give a **** about the ipad -.-

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,200
MembershipAdministrator

What the heck, they're only 99 bucks,....so get one!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Points 945
JoelB replied on Mon, Mar 8 2010 1:38 PM

Don't you mean $399?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS