Google Buzz Now Available as an iPhone App

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,849
Points 1,114,905
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:59 AM
Here it is folks, the first ever third-party application for Google Buzz, now available through the iTunes App Store. It's called Buzzie, and for the next few days, you can snag it for 33 percent off as part of a special introductory price.

If you're a fan of Google's newest social networking tool and can't imagine owning a smartphone other than the iPhone, then this is probably the best news ever. But you don't have to be a Buzz user to check it out. Non-Gmail users who want to see what all the fuss is about can play the part of mobile voyeur and read through local Buzz conversations without ever logging into the service. Should you decide to log in or sign up, you can then jump into the discussion.

Buzzie is a pretty straightforward app that's so far been well received, according to the user reviews. The app also taps into the iPhone's GPS feature, but also gives you the option of marking your Buzz as private or public depending on whether or not you want your location out there for all to see.

You can snag the app here, and if you do, be sure to let us know what you think in the comments section below.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Thu, Mar 4 2010 12:41 PM

This brings up an interesting and somewhat unrelated point. OK if Apple is suing or otherwise embroiling in legal actions HTC, which also happens to be one of Google's partners on the hardware end of the Android Smartphone's. How long do you think it will take before Google steps into the fray.

Apple and Google work somewhat together and one of there board members is also co-engaged. In the end Apple is at least on the consumer level the leader of the pack of the Smartphone market, where Google in this same market is number two pretty much as a device, and with an app store right.

So when is Goggle who I would also say with a considerably lower age as a market player, also has more resources not to mention capital than Apple does. So in a large way development such as this (Google/Android) introduction to the Apple market. Also completes another goal of making Google/Android a recognized innovator to the Apple app store faithful, which in the long run also weakens Apple to a degree.

If the much newer, but also much larger dinosaur as well as direct competitor to Apple on the newest part of the computing market, also gets itself embedded in Apple to any degree. Then it is much easier to defeat any army from the inside IE: as a Trojan Horse right. I don't specifically know anything on this it is just the way I see it looking in.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,248
Points 11,580

Actually, Apple is sitting on an M$ size pile of resources, $40B in liquid assets (yes, BILLION).

Smooth Creations LANShark "Blue Flame" + ASUS G73JH-A2 + ASUS EeePC S101H

"I frag therefore I am!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 194
Points 1,430
Xylem replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 12:28 AM

@Rapid - nice thought.. I guess its only some time before Google jumps the gun and files for infringement against Apple. That should be fun to follow. Smile

@ InfinityzeN - Wow.. That's a lot of moneySurprise

Travel Rig |Acer Aspire One - ZG5 Mods so far |Toshiba MK4009GAL 40GB.4 - port USB HUB with BT, Touchscreen & GPS. 1GB RAM upgrade. | 

Main Rig |Core 2 Quad Q6600(3.2GHz), 2x2GB OCZ Reaper 800 MHz RAM, 19" AOC 913FW, 2 x 500GB WD HDD & 2 x 1TB WD Green, nVIDIA 8600GT 1GB

Suzuki Swift GTi | 2008 Version | Lots of mods in pipeline.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 2:26 AM

Exactly Apple is sitting on 40 billion I am sure M$, Google Nokia etc were just waiting for them to get a nice load before it was worth it for them to pay there legal teams to steal there pants and underwear, and leave em in the middle of the highway at 4:59. Remember, that's a lotta companies with very high end taste's to please. Splitting anything less than at least 30 billion would not be enough, and the exec bonus's they have to pay for the first half of the year for all of them.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS