Forum traffic

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 Posted: Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:10 PM

Man, the traffic on the forums has really picked up. I find myself spending more time filtering through the posts for spam and junk then I do enjoying the posts anymore. It's good to see the activity up though and so many new people here. Kudos for everyone playing nicely. Thats one of the things that first got me hooked to HH and I am glad to see it stay that way still today. I still think it would be awesome to have like a HH convention one day where we can all meet face to face. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565

*IDEA* Hire more mods :D lol

Also convention idea "as long as its in new-york city :P lol"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Inspector:

That's an erroneous statement (the first one.)  The mods take care of the spam, i still say the problem is the registration process, and Davo has assured me, in the mod section, that he's working on it.  The spammers are now getting banned as well, not just having their posts deleted.

As for the convention, I'd be down with an NYC one over the summer, otherwise I won't be in the NYC area.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

This includes me (not the spamming part XD)

I'll be staying for as long as this website is up, popping in and out or forums sections and delivering my advice and opinions where they need be, even asking questions along the way. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565

mentaldisorder:

Inspector:

That's an erroneous statement (the first one.)  The mods take care of the spam, i still say the problem is the registration process, and Davo has assured me, in the mod section, that he's working on it.  The spammers are now getting banned as well, not just having their posts deleted.

As for the convention, I'd be down with an NYC one over the summer, otherwise I won't be in the NYC area.

Hey nelson is the one saying that there are too much post to go though :D lol

that's 2 for NYC :P lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

whoa guys. I am not complaining about anything. I meant it as it was good that traffic in the forum was up and there are more new people on. There are plenty of other mods and also the reporting feature to notify a mod if anyone see's something. Sorry if you guys took it as me complaining as that was not my intention

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

i find the spam somewhat amusing...lol

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565

O :D sorry for misinterpreting it xD nelson :D

:D the spams are fun to look/read at sometimes :) Like those clever hidden spams but i don't know if its spam or a helpful post -.- :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,466
Points 46,975
ForumsAdministrator

Der Meister:

Me too, to a certain extent. Last week it got really bad, but things seem to have gotten better. Funny thing...it appears that the Chinese SPAMMERS have been supplanted by the Russian SPAMMERS. Heck, the Russians didn't even bother to translate their SPAM into English!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Super Dave:

Der Meister:

Me too, to a certain extent. Last week it got really bad, but things seem to have gotten better. Funny thing...it appears that the Chinese SPAMMERS have been supplanted by the Russian SPAMMERS. Heck, the Russians didn't even bother to translate their SPAM into English!

Heh, I thought that was a pretty funny.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Super Dave:

Heh, I do enjoy the comics you post on the spam threads.

BTW, if were to hold a convention (as per nelson's suggestion), where would it be? I vote Vegas, mostly because of the cheap 4, 5-star hotels, drink, booze and gambling. Plus, it would be convenient for the West Coasters. I'm in the Northeast myself and wouldn't mind a trip down there to escape the cold and snow.

Virginia would be a close second seeing as how many members are from around there.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

Vegas has my vote

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Der Meister:

Vegas has my vote

Smile  Hehe, everyone here is over 21, right?

Rooms at the MGM Grand frequently run for around $55-60. Depending on their Twitter Thursday deals, you may get access to their buffet or upgrade to a suite for free.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,495

lol funny you mention that, I just joined not too long ago so I guess you could consider me as "new traffic". As long as there are more people posting on the forums and no spamming going on, more traffic should be better!!!!! And a HH convention does sound pretty cool although there should be a requirement where you HAVE to bring your computer. Maybe even have a contest for who has the best looking system xD

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

blazarcher:

lol funny you mention that, I just joined not too long ago so I guess you could consider me as "new traffic". As long as there are more people posting on the forums and no spamming going on, more traffic should be better!!!!! And a HH convention does sound pretty cool although there should be a requirement where you HAVE to bring your computer. Maybe even have a contest for who has the best looking system xD

It's good to have you here blazarcher! The concern was mainly about spammers, which have become a bit of a problem of late. Actually, you could consider me "new traffic" as well since I've been around less than a year.

And about the best looking system...hehe, I think with my Origin PC, it wouldn't be a fair contest. Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Super Dave since your a mod now does that mean no more spam costume pictures? Sad

Also The forums have picked up a lot. Unlike my free time which has dropped a lot. I have not been around as much as I would like to be. Always good to see HH thriving though!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565

HH will become #1 in tech forums :P lol

Also im not up for Vegas :D im only 15 :( (16 in a month! yea...  Big Smilelol)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Lol I'd be game for Vegas!!  Just turned 21 in Feb.  Congrats Super Dave on the Mod upgrade.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,120
acarzt replied on Wed, Mar 3 2010 8:18 PM

Vegas would be sweet.

How about Texas? :-D San Antonio anyone?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

I would be willing to do it where ever if Dave and Marco decided to hold something like this. I think it would be a blast if everyone was given enough notice and people committed to going and actually showed up. Super Dave I think you have been catching most of the spam during the day or something. Would be cool though if we could email notifications for the reporting forums. Would be helpful as I would get it on my Blackberry and could pop in to take care of it. Of course my new job won't let me have a my Blackberry when I am in the building but it would be helpful any other time.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS