New Celebrity Cruise Ships To Offer Hipster Haven Called iLounge

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,703
Points 1,207,930
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Feb 20 2010 6:23 PM
When the Celebrity Eclipse launches in April, it will be the first in Celebrity Cruise Line's fleet to offer the all new Celebrity iLounge. Designed to offer the feel of a hip, modern lounge, the space will provide easy access to the Internet as well as classes and new products.

The iLounge is comprised of three main areas and includes 26 workstations where guests can check their email, print boarding passes, and access the Internet. There will also be a retail space where customers can see and try out the latest MacBooks, iPods, and other accessories. As the third component of iLounge, there will be an enrichment center where guests can receive tips regarding Mac or iPod usage from certified staff.

"Our new Celebrity iLounge is a direct outgrowth of our 'Designed for you' brand platform, and our commitment to listen to our guests and offer experiences and programs expressly designed for them," said Celebrity's President and CEO Dan Hanrahan. "Our surveys show that our guests rely heavily on the Internet for research, learning and staying in touch, so we think this new offering will be a big hit, as will the contemporary online classes offered through the 'Discover' series of our inspiring and enriching 'Celebrity Life' experiences."

The iLounge will also include a series of enrichment and entertainment courses such as movie editing, web design, do-it-yourself photo books, and instruction regarding programs including iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and iWeb. For guests who want to do a little shopping on board the ship, Celebrity is an Authorized Apple Reseller, so you'll be able to purchase iPods, MacBooks, and other accessories.

The Celebrity iLounge also will be found on Celebrity Silhouette, which launches in 2011, and the fifth ship in the Solstice Class fleet, which sets sail in 2012.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Sun, Feb 21 2010 1:27 PM

I don't know about some of this. Where I can see where the internet access lounge will be popular most likely. I can't see taking a class while on a cruise to learn web design etc though.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945
Soupstyle replied on Sun, Feb 21 2010 4:08 PM

This is the best idea ever.....

Because when we take a cruise to a tropical, warm, sunny area to get away from our dark, fluorescent lit, computer/desk jobs, we want to be in a dark, fluorescent lit room working on computer stations....

That being said, free internet on a cruise ship would prob be liked by a lot of people on cruise ships, though this I doubt would be free.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

So you can post on HotHardware even on your vacation! Now I wonder what kind of ridiculous fees they'll have for internet usage and printing.

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 325
Cheezit replied on Sun, Feb 21 2010 9:08 PM

How much is apple paying for the rights to put an apple store on every ship in the celebrity cruises fleet?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Feb 22 2010 9:37 AM

Dave,.... I'll sacrifice my time for the cause here. Send me and my wife on a cruise and I'll check it out and then do a write-up for HotHardware.com. I know, I know, it will be rough, but SOMEONE has to do it and I've decided to volunteer as long as I don't have to spend more than 2 hours tops in there for the whole trip.

Go ahead and just send me the tickets,.............

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

I think its funny people want to still check their email on vacation... I say its a vacation and by by to email and the web...

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Mon, Feb 22 2010 6:22 PM

LMFAO realneil :D, Its goingt o be real tough on you :) good luck writing the report in the iLounge Wink

@der i would :D i got to keep updated on HH and friends ;) lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,926
Points 24,745
digitaldd replied on Tue, Feb 23 2010 10:13 AM

I'd be happy if i could go on a cruise and not have to pay a fortune for internet access.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:31 PM

yeah you'd be happy, but I doubt you could.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS