iBuyPower And Asetek Team Up For Exclusive Cooling Solution On Level 10 Chassis

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,733
Points 1,209,520
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Feb 11 2010 2:22 PM
The Level 10 case has almost taken on a life of its own. Just mention "Level 10" within PC enthusiast circles, and most of the will likely know exactly what you're talking about. It's easily one of the most innovative PC enclosures that we've seen in years, and while it's certainly expensive, those in the position to buy one and showcase it should certainly treat it--and everything within it--with care.

In order to do so, you might want to consider a top notch cooling solution, and the folks at Asetek certainly have experience in that department. As of today iBuyPower, which is the exclusive home to buying the case alone, has partnered with Asetek to develop the "first and only liquid cooling solution" for the famous Level 10 chassis.

The best part is that the new solution is available at no charge if you're looking to buy the case, as it is being bundled as a part of iBuyPower's 2010 Liquid Cooling Initiative. Can't beat free, right?

iBUYPOWER Partners with Asetek to Develop the First and Only Liquid Cooling Solution for the Level 10 Tower
Posted on: 11 February 2010

El Monte, CA – February 11, 2010 – iBUYPOWER, a leading innovator in gaming PCs, is excited to announce the first and only liquid cooling solution for the Thermaltake Level 10 enclosure.  Working together, iBUYPOWER and Asetek engineers have developed a system that allows the mounting of an Asetek Liquid cooling system in the Level 10 Chassis from Thermaltake.  The Levels 10 unique asymmetrical design features individual compartments for various system components, putting space at a premium and conflicts with standard mounting of liquid cooling systems.  The adapted liquid cooling system in iBUYPOWER systems fits a 120mm Asetek LCLC system to the chassis.

“At iBUYPOWER we are always up to a challenge,” said Darren Su, Vice President of iBUYPOWER.  “The Level 10 case dimensions do not accommodate standard liquid cooling systems, and required us to design a cooling system that fits its exact dimensions.  It’s just another example of iBUYPOWER’s dedication to innovation.”

“When iBUYPOWER decided to liquid cool the Level 10 Chassis, Asetek’s Total Solutions Team was quick to respond with the guidance on how to optimize liquid cooling performance in this unique chassis,” said Steve Branton, Asetek’s Director of Marketing. “This our commitment to ‘Thermal Management Done Right!”

The new Level 10 Liquid Cooling solution is available now exclusively at www.iBUYPOWER.com on Level 10 systems at no additional cost, as part of iBUYPOWER’s 2010 Liquid Cooling Initiative, dedicated to bringing liquid cooling to the mainstream gamer at no extra cost.  Other iBUYPOWER Labs innovations include iBUYPOWER’s Power Drive Overclocking Service, Harmony Sound Reduction System, the Internal USB Expansion System (improves front panel and internal USB connectivity), and the Specialized Advanced Packaging System (expanding foam packaging to prevent damage from shipping).

For additional information please contact iBUYPOWER PR representative Mark Olson at 305-576-1171 x17 and markolson@maxborgesagency.com or visit www.iBUYPOWER.com.

About iBUYPOWER

iBUYPOWER Computer, an enterprise in association with American Future Technology Corporation (AFT), is one of the largest system builders in the PC gaming industry.  Located in Los Angeles County, iBUYPOWER’s mission is to provide a complete computing solution to meet the needs of the surrounding community and customers nationwide. Currently, the company’s product lines include gaming desktops, gaming notebooks, workstations, media center PCs, peripherals and multimedia products. www.iBUYPOWER.com.
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

The Level 10 is a very intimidating case to look at, not least of which is the price (~$700). I didn't even know that iBuyPower sold Level 10 cases!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:27 PM

As an inclusion for the $700 dollar case price, it makes this case a lot more attractive. Yeah that price for a case is insane, although the case itself is also very singular, which is what you pay for here. The addition for free of a custom built (for the case) liquid cooling system, which would otherwise be at least a couple hundred dollars (minus that from the existing 700-200 = 500), and have it installed for you (-100=400), should really add some movement to this in buy's I would think. It almost seems worth it to me personally as well as making it much more viable looking at the whole picture and the worth vs the price of this case. Hmmm I think this would be a great contest

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:53 PM

That's definitely the coolest most original looking case I've ever seen in mass production. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a case.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 6:55 PM

How is this cooler any different than say, corsairs all-in-one liquid cooler? Or the CoolIT Domino in my system or any other self contained water cooling solution?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 7:13 PM

lol! I see what you did there.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator

I always wondered how they were going to cool that thing.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:35 PM

Tthe case was already designed for optimal airflow, iBuyPower's liquid cooling is the cherry on top so to speak. The Level 10 page on the iBuyPower website has some nice Star Warsy music to it:

http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/Level10.aspx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,690
Points 55,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 12:45 AM

I have to say it... this rig just plain makes me moist.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 104
Points 865
M-ManLA replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 6:08 AM

Wonder if they will ever plan to make a EATX/SSI EEB size chassis. Now THAT would be sick to implement dual CPUs with a massive load of RAM. Now THAT would be scary.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 7,630
ClemSnide replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 10:36 PM

But wouldn't anyone who'd blow $700 on a k-rad case turn up their (sculpted) noses at mere water cooling? "Ah, sorry, Muffy, I cawn't play Team Fortress with you tonight. My LN2 supplier totaled his Ferrari."

"I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot... but I cried when HAL was turned off."

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945
Soupstyle replied on Sun, Feb 14 2010 12:02 PM

3vi1:

That's definitely the coolest most original looking case I've ever seen in mass production. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a case.

I agree 100%.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945
Soupstyle replied on Sun, Feb 14 2010 12:04 PM

ClemSnide:

But wouldn't anyone who'd blow $700 on a k-rad case turn up their (sculpted) noses at mere water cooling? "Ah, sorry, Muffy, I cawn't play Team Fortress with you tonight. My LN2 supplier totaled his Ferrari."

LoL, or on the phone in their G5 jet: "Sorry the government is selling their He stockpile so I will be in Texas all week securing my LHe supply, please leave a message after the beep."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

I remember seeing this case around a little while back. Very nice and original but I would be to tempted to cut some windows in this thingBig Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sun, Feb 14 2010 3:07 PM

ya this case came out a while back and it is pretty nice, some windows would be a nice touch to it ;)

Is this cooling solution FREE?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS