HotHardware and Origin New Year's Sweepstakes Winner!

This post has 62 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

Congrats gibbersome. Looks like you got a new toy to play with. We are all very happy for you and thanks HH for another great contest and 2 more giveaways to follow right after! I am begining to think you guys won't stop till everyone at HH has won a new system Big Smile. Not complaining the least. I really had no idea you guys would keep this going this long when you started the first contest. 

As for certain individuals, Obviously by their comments made they came to the forums for 1 reason only. People like this don't take long to stand out and it was pretty obvious to me by the type of posts and amount of them that they were only here for 1 reason. To that person, did you honestly think that nobody noticed that. And then to dig your own hole further by hurling personal insults directly at people? This is a great community here and if you think the loss of one childish person trying to destroy that is really going to hurt this site then you really didn't read through all the old posts you were digging up then did you! I love seeing new people on here but if your gonna join only for free gear and to stir up trouble then please go somewhere else.

Gibbersome man enjoy that sweet rig. Enjoy having you around bud!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Just came back from class, and the replies here have been overwhelming.

Inspector, Bighorse, rapid1, mentaldisorder, realneil, Clem, caos, and others thank you for the congrats, it was an honor to have you guys along for the journey!

And don't worry guys, there will be benches, pics and OCing and more! I can't wait to get this baby!

OriginRichard:

Congrats Gibbersome and welcome to the Origin family!

Richard

Thanks Richard!  I feel very blessed! I just got an e-mail from Kevin and I'm speechless. It's obvious you guys go above and beyond the call of duty to make your customers happy. I can't wait to get the system and spread the word about you guys to my friends, family and other tech sites!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

nelsoncp21:

Congrats gibbersome. Looks like you got a new toy to play with. We are all very happy for you and thanks HH for another great contest and 2 more giveaways to follow right after! I am begining to think you guys won't stop till everyone at HH has won a new system Big Smile. Not complaining the least. I really had no idea you guys would keep this going this long when you started the first contest. 

Dave, Marco are just awesome folks. Realneil already put in words better than I could. We're pretty darned lucky to have admins who give back to the community as much as they do.  In fact, I don't know of any other tech site that gives back as much as HH! Moreover, they listen to the members and that's why we see them taking the trouble to open up the next contest to Canadians!

It's no wonder that we have an intelligent, helpful bunch of moderators and members, it all trickles down from good leadership at the top.

And you're right, so many people here have won. No sooner is the winner of one contest announced that they're already planning the next one!

Dave_HH:

Congrats Gibbs! Enjoy it and post up some benchmark runs once you get it setup! :D

Thanks Dave! My gf indicated to me that I'm in danger of overdoing this gratitude thing, kinda like a long, drawn out Oscar acceptance speech. So I'll leave you and Marco with this offer: If you need ANY prescription medication, opiates, psychedelic or erectile dysfunction, etc, I'm your man. Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 9:21 PM

...pending.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

eunoia:

Congrats gibbersome, great win, all kinds of awesome!

More pics and benchmarks when you catch your breath Big Smile

Thank you! It's been a whirlwind couple of days! I'm thinking of having an unboxing party at my apartment when the computer arrives! Red carpet, free bar, the works! All the unsold superbowl party supplies should be on sale by then, lol.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 125
Tobi-Saru replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 12:20 AM

Been checking this site to stay up to date on hardware for months now, you guys are doing an amazing job!

Congrats on the killer rig gibbersome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 3:46 PM

Just waiting on confirmation of the final specs of the next contest system, and then we'll announce the next sweepstakes! Yeah baby...

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

YEA! :D lol, hope its as awesome as this contest's spec with an awesome paint job Wink lol

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

YEA! :D lol, hope its as awesome as this contest's spec with an awesome paint job Wink lol

-double posted, please delete-

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Marco C:

Just waiting on confirmation of the final specs of the next contest system, and then we'll announce the next sweepstakes! Yeah baby...

YEAH BABY!! The fun never stops at HotHardware!

Inspector:

Hehe, glad to see you're sticking around Inspector!! Good luck on the upcoming contest!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

Thanks :D i told you i was going to stick around no matter what unlike chaos... lol

Nice video... :D

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Inspector:

Thanks :D i told you i was going to stick around no matter what unlike chaos... lol

Yeah, I missed out on what happened exactly with caos.

I signed up during the last contest that ended in October and I've been addicted ever since. My tech knowledge has increased by something like 1000% since.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Congrats Gibbersome! I have been super busy and the snow killed my internet this past week so I am just now seeing that you won. That's one heck of a PC. HH gives away some nice ones. I'm still running the one I got a while back armed with a Q9650 which I have still not done much overclocking on.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

bob_on_the_cob:

Congrats Gibbersome! I have been super busy and the snow killed my internet this past week so I am just now seeing that you won. That's one heck of a PC. HH gives away some nice ones. I'm still running the one I got a while back armed with a Q9650 which I have still not done much overclocking on.

Hehe, thanks Bob! I hear ya, the power here has been erratic all day. Was just able to get on the internet for the first time today. Lets hope this winter storm passes without doing any further damage.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:16 AM

The Origins PC just got shipped! Super excited here! I feel like running outside in my boxers...despite the two feet of snow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:56 AM

YEA! waiting for pics and spec :D, it just go shipped form there or your house? Wink

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

Looks like you won't be cold this winter Gibbers Surprise That 5970 needs to exhaust somewhere Wink

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:14 PM

Marco Chiappetta

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:48 PM

LOL that made me think of the winter Olympic im watching right now xD

Let make this a GREAT game!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Mon, Feb 15 2010 12:12 PM

Congrats!! 

PLS Post pics of you running out in your boxers!

(I'd rather see that than the rig in your hands!! - jealousy sitting in LOL)

SmileStick out tongue

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180
la_guy_10 replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:39 PM

Congrats on that killer Rig. 5970 in that bad boy!!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:04 PM

:( hes playing with it right now! and he doesn't have time for us anymore!  PICS! lol

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,495

Damn I've been eyeing on a Origin PC for myself for quite some time. I love the fact that they will build ANY kinda of system for you... *sigh gotta miss Vadim PC's. I hope Origin don't end up partnering with DELL or something I mean look what happened to Voodoo. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

As for certain individuals, Obviously by their comments made they came to the forums for 1 reason only. People like this don't take long to stand out and it was pretty obvious to me by the type of posts and amount of them that they were only here for 1 reason. To that person, did you honestly think that nobody noticed that. And then to dig your own hole further by hurling personal insults directly at people? This is a great community here and if you think the loss of one childish person trying to destroy that is really going to hurt this site then you really didn't read through all the old posts you were digging up then did you! I love seeing new people on here but if your gonna join only for free gear and to stir up trouble then please go somewhere else.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Just came back from class, and the replies here have been overwhelming.

Inspector, Bighorse, rapid1, mentaldisorder, realneil, Clem, caos, and others thank you for the congrats, it was an honor to have you guys along for the journey!

And don't worry guys, there will be benches, pics and OCing and more! I can't wait to get this baby!

OriginRichard:

Congrats Gibbersome and welcome to the Origin family!

Richard

Thanks Richard!  I feel very blessed! I just got an e-mail from Kevin and I'm speechless. It's obvious you guys go above and beyond the call of duty to make your customers happy. I can't wait to get the system and spread the word about you guys to my friends, family and other tech sites!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

nelsoncp21:

Dave, Marco are just awesome folks. Realneil already put in words better than I could. We're pretty darned lucky to have admins who give back to the community as much as they do.  In fact, I don't know of any other tech site that gives back as much as HH! Moreover, they listen to the members and that's why we see them taking the trouble to open up the next contest to Canadians!

It's no wonder that we have an intelligent, helpful bunch of moderators and members, it all trickles down from good leadership at the top.

And you're right, so many people here have won. No sooner is the winner of one contest announced that they're already planning the next one!

Dave_HH:

Congrats Gibbs! Enjoy it and post up some benchmark runs once you get it setup! :D

Thanks Dave! My gf indicated to me that I'm in danger of overdoing this gratitude thing, kinda like a long, drawn out Oscar acceptance speech. So I'll leave you and Marco with this offer: If you need ANY prescription medication, opiates, psychedelic or erectile dysfunction, etc, I'm your man. Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 9:21 PM

...pending.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

eunoia:

Congrats gibbersome, great win, all kinds of awesome!

More pics and benchmarks when you catch your breath Big Smile

Thank you! It's been a whirlwind couple of days! I'm thinking of having an unboxing party at my apartment when the computer arrives! Red carpet, free bar, the works! All the unsold superbowl party supplies should be on sale by then, lol.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 125
Tobi-Saru replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 12:20 AM

Been checking this site to stay up to date on hardware for months now, you guys are doing an amazing job!

Congrats on the killer rig gibbersome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 3:46 PM

Marco Chiappetta

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

-double posted, please delete-

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Marco C:

YEAH BABY!! The fun never stops at HotHardware!

Inspector:

Hehe, glad to see you're sticking around Inspector!! Good luck on the upcoming contest!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Inspector:

Yeah, I missed out on what happened exactly with caos.

I signed up during the last contest that ended in October and I've been addicted ever since. My tech knowledge has increased by something like 1000% since.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

bob_on_the_cob:

Hehe, thanks Bob! I hear ya, the power here has been erratic all day. Was just able to get on the internet for the first time today. Lets hope this winter storm passes without doing any further damage.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:16 AM

The Origins PC just got shipped! Super excited here! I feel like running outside in my boxers...despite the two feet of snow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:56 AM

YEA! waiting for pics and spec :D, it just go shipped form there or your house? Wink

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

Looks like you won't be cold this winter Gibbers Surprise That 5970 needs to exhaust somewhere Wink

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:14 PM

Marco Chiappetta

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:48 PM

LOL that made me think of the winter Olympic im watching right now xD

Let make this a GREAT game!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Mon, Feb 15 2010 12:12 PM

Congrats!! 

PLS Post pics of you running out in your boxers!

(I'd rather see that than the rig in your hands!! - jealousy sitting in LOL)

SmileStick out tongue

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180
la_guy_10 replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:39 PM

Congrats on that killer Rig. 5970 in that bad boy!!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:04 PM

:( hes playing with it right now! and he doesn't have time for us anymore!  PICS! lol

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Points 2,495

Damn I've been eyeing on a Origin PC for myself for quite some time. I love the fact that they will build ANY kinda of system for you... *sigh gotta miss Vadim PC's. I hope Origin don't end up partnering with DELL or something I mean look what happened to Voodoo. 

Page 2 of 2 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS