Maingear Ships F1X Hardcore Gaming Desktops: $2249 And Up

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,107
Points 1,183,795
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:17 PM
Maingear is never one to rest for long, and today it's making those whoordered a new gaming machine last month feel outdated already. The newF1X high performance gaming rig is one of the most intense machineswe've seen to date, offering up cutting-edge components for those withbig budgets and a need for horsepower.

Equipped with an overclocked Core i7 processor, an optional Blu-rayburner and an 80GB SSD, the F1X series is being made available tohardcore gamers through TigerDirect.com, CircuitCity.com, andCompUSA.com. A variety of configurations are available, with the topversion having a 3.6GHz Core i7-975, two ATI Radeon HD 5870 GPUs, 12GBof DDR3-1333 RAM, a 1.5TB WD storage drive and a X20 watercoolingsystem. All three of the new systems are available to order now, andthe base price for the F1X 200 is $2,249, the F1X 500 is $3,099, andthe F1X 750 is $5,149.

MAINGEAR Unveils F1X High Performance Gaming PCs

New gaming systems boast liquid cooling and an overclocked Core i7 with the option for Blu-Ray Burner and 80GB SSD

Union, New Jersey – January 20, 2010 – MAINGEARComputers, award-winning builders of high performance custom computersfor PC gamers and enthusiasts, announces the new F1X Gaming PC seriesavailable exclusively through Tiger Direct.com, CircuitCity.com, andCompUSA.com.   The F1X series features options that will satisfy themost power hungry gamers including a pre-overclocked Corei7 processor,maintenance free X20 liquid cooling, 12GB of triple –channel DDR3memory, a Blu-ray burner, and a 80 GB SSD. http://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/f1x/

“We’reexcited to partner with Tiger Direct to offer even more gamers theunparalleled performance, meticulous craftsmanship, and premiumcustomer service that comes with every MAINGEAR PC ” said WallaceSantos, CEO and Founder of MAINGEAR.  "Our partnership with TigerDirect allows us to bring our message of quality computers and customerservice to a new audience, with new ways to acquire a MAINGEAR systemincluding Bill Me Later."

Consumers can purchase the MAINGEAR F1X series through Tiger Direct.com.  The base price for the F1X 200 is $2,249, the F1X 500 is $3,099, and the F1X 750is $5,149, all three coming with MAINGEAR’s 1 year month warranty, andare backed by the best in-house support team in the country.  

About MAINGEAR
MAINGEARis the premier high performance systems integrator in North America.MAINGEAR custom builds gaming, home office, mobile, multimedia, smallbusiness and 3D workstation solutions of the highest quality, whichhave won them many editors’ choice awards in every major computerpublication such as C-Net, Coolard|OCP, Maximum PC, CPU Magazine, etc.For more information on MAINGEAR, please visit www.maingear.com or call, toll-free, (888)624-6432. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 123
Points 1,695
Bighorse replied on Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:40 PM

MAINGEAR offers some nice gaming PCs. This F1X line looks like a beastly line up. With ATI's 5000 HD and Intel's I7 and I5 hardware these machines will defiantly fly. The F1X 750 will really be sweet with a SSD boot drive and all the machines have the closed loop watercooling which really keeps the house cool.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

I've heard a lot of good things about Maingear, but not so much about Tigerdirect.com.

@BigHorse I agree, the F1X series looks like a winner for Maingear.

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 285
rjr222 replied on Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:38 PM

Definitely a beastly lineup.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:42 PM

Wow a lot of the custom players seem to be stepping up as of late don't they. I personally love the Origin systems as there attention to detail seems to be flawless. I am not in any way saying Maingear doesn't there just seem to be a lot of new players hitting the market sector in the last year. Not to mention new players who make true quality systems.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 12:52 AM

They're different players in the market. Maingear has pre-assembled F1X series computers for sale at retailers. So you won't get the customization or attention to detail as you would from OriginPC.

The only problem is that Maingear has their F1X systems on sale at only Circuit City, Tigerdirect and CompUSA, all three companies are not known for excellent customer service and two just went through bankruptcy.

I just did a comparison of the F1X 750 vs the custom build on Origin and the results were rather surprising. I could build an equivalent system or slightly better on OriginPC for ~$200-400 less (though not all specs for the F1X 750 were available for completely accurate assessment). Since the Maingear systems are non-customizable I would have expected the opposite.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 1:48 AM

Well from what they say on the Origin site they will put any part in it you want period. So the level of customization is as high as I've ever seen. I will say one thing on the maingear although it looks pretty nice that list of retailers right there would make me suspicious.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Yep, that's my major problem with their F1X line-up. If they would offer to sell at more reliable retailers such as Costco, they would be much more successful. People would be cautious of dropping several thousand dollars at a store that's only just gotten out of bankruptcy.

Maingear systems themselves are very highly rated though.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS