Toshiba Expands Laptop Functionality With New Universal Docking Station

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,744
Points 1,209,815
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 7:35 PM
Toshiba expanded its line of dynadock Universal USB Docking Stations by adding the new dynadock V. This new dock is compatible with all Windows based PCs that have a USB 2.0 connection. The dynadock V offers the same universal compatibility of its predecessor, the dynadock U, but in a smaller package that's half the size and one-third thinner than the earlier model.

Key product features include:
  • True Desktop Environment: The dynadock V acts as an enabler for add-on peripherals like external monitor, keyboard & mouse, printer, router, headset and other accessories with only one single USB cable plugged into your PC.
  • Enhanced Productivity: Four USB 2.0 ports, Ethernet LAN connectivity and 3.5mm audio in and out for headphones and microphone, the dynadock V optimizes a home or office workstation. The dynadock V also includes an easy access Sleep-and-Charge USB port that supplies power to a cell phone, MP3 player or other device even when the PC is turned off or disconnected from the dynadock completely.
  • High Resolution: A built-in HD video card allows one to connect an extra VGA or DVI monitor with up to 1920 x 1080 resolution, thus enabling users to connect their small portable laptop to a large HD monitor to surf the web while checking email, watching YouTube, working on a report, etc.
  • Easy Software Installation: Toshiba dynadock utility software is included for all video and audio drivers customized for the dynadock V experience. Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 drivers are also included.
The dynadock V will be available in February for $119.99.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:47 PM

I think this is very cool. It is not that it has not been done before in various ways. This one seems to have that extra to it. I wish they would have added or used USB 3 which would make this unique in itself as well. Either way though I like it as it is considerably smaller than the norm which would make it great for quite a few things I could think of. I also see something like this as a more functional replacement for a KVM switch. To add to this I would not have to switch buttons or dials as being a USB solution it would automatically detect usage.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,767
Points 105,080
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Jan 12 2010 8:05 AM

It's functional and a clean design. And it's affordable as well. I like it too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:32 PM

Nice little device.

These kind of things have basically become obsolete for laptops tho... Most laptops these days already have all of those connections built in. It does offer a small bit of convenience if you have a lot pf peripherals. You wont have to unplug and plug in a lot of stuff. Just 1 usb.

I can definitely see this as being useful for a netbook, umd, or maybe even a slate computer? They tend not to have a lot of space for that many connectors.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Perfect for your puny little netbook.

Once USB 3.0 comes out, we should see docking stations with much more capabilities.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS