Asus Gets Into Robot Vac Game With ECleaner

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,965
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2009 4:35 AM
Asus, making vacuum cleaners? What on Earth is the world coming to? Weknow 2012 is supposed to bring about some fairly crazy happenings, butwe aren't even out of 2009 yet! As the Roombas dominance in the roboticvac arena streaks towards its end, Asus--a mainstay in the consumer PCmarket--has decided to take a shot at ousting the king. For years now,the robotic vacuum has been synonymous with the Roomba name, but allthat could be changing with the introduction of the ECleaner.

This announcement comes just a week after Neato Robotics introduced itsown Roomba competitor, and it should retail first in China and Taiwan(by the end of the month, actually). It will be made available throughAsus' AGAiT Technology subsidiary, and much like the iconic Roomba, itwill be circular in shape and will suck the dust/dirt right out of yourcarpet without you having to stand behind and push/tug. We're told thatit will include a "6000-hour UV light for disinfecting the floor, aslot for spreadingfragrance and a remote control that fits neatly on top of the vacuum."

Outside of that, details have been tough to come by. The vac will boasta few pre-programmed patterns, but it remains to be seen what exactlyAsus has going on inside in terms of mapping. Have a look at the videobelow to get an idea of what this could bring to your flooring, butdon't get too excited until we hear an official US price/release date (though it should sell for around $150 overseas).

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

This is new for Asus on another front... they usually don't make stuff that sucks! ;P

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 7,630
ClemSnide replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:49 AM

Oh? Maybe my K8U-X motherboard was an exception. I just feel sorry for the people who have some minor glitch in their ECleaner and have to get technical support: "We are sorry but you will have to contact the maker of your floor to ensure compatibility."

"I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot... but I cried when HAL was turned off."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700

@recoveringknowitall LOLOL, good one!

You might even say they're sweeping the floor with the competition!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Well it looks cooler than the roomba.

I have never seen a roomba work, but this just looks like it goes in random spots. Vacuuming one spot 5 times and skipping others.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700

"Vacuuming one spot 5 times and skipping others."

Spot on! Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,071
Points 37,990
acarzt replied on Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:09 PM

lol.... I wonder How long it would take this thing to actuall vacuum the whole house?

Core i7 920|EVGA X58|GTX 660 TI & 460se for PHYSX|2x30GB Vertex RAID0|5x1.5TB RAID5

-- Certifications --

CompTIA A+; CompTIA Network+ ; CompTIA Security+; Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP); Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator(MCSA); Microsoft Certified Sysems Engineer(MCSE); Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA); Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP); Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA);

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700

Depends...do you have a trained kitty pilot?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS