Jelfin Redesigns The Mouse

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,085
Points 1,183,160
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:29 AM
Jelfin unveiled a new type of computer mouse that the company is touting as the first of its kind. This ball-shaped mouse has a gel cover that covers its entire surface area. To use this mouse, users cup their fingers around the ball instead of extending them outward.

To back up the need for a newly designed mouse, Jelfin points to a survey that claims many Americans would like a more comfortable mouse than the one they currently use. In addition, these users would like the new mouse to feel more natural in their hand. According to the survey, 67% of mouse users with an opinion think a more comfortable mouse could increase their productivity and/or creativity.

To help meet these desires, the Jelfin mouse is designed to fit in the curvature of your hand and offer a more natural and comfortable feel. In addition, fans of the Jelfin say the jelly cushion keeps their hands relaxed and comfortable for longer periods of time and puts less tension on their wrist and forearm than today's traditional mice.
The Jelfin mouse is available in five accent colors: cobalt blue, crimson red, cadmium yellow, electric green, and hot pink. The cover is removable and replaceable. The mouse sells for about $35 and comes with a travel can. The Jelfin mouse is available from www.jelfin.com or www.Amazon.com. The mouse is also expected to be available from major retailers nationwide soon.
  • | Post Points: 155
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

Different isn't always a good thing.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Thats a Mac mouse if I ever seen one!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,102
Points 38,250
acarzt replied on Sun, Dec 13 2009 1:37 PM

I personally am very happy with my mouse except that the scrolling wheel doesn't have that mechanical cicking feel. Makes changing weapons in FPS difficult.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,359
Points 48,655
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Sun, Dec 13 2009 2:23 PM

That thing can't possibly be comfortable...

@acarzt - Which mouse do yo have? If it's a Logitech, you can usually switch between the smooth and clicky mouse wheel settings.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,072
Points 11,625
Joel H replied on Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:03 PM

I've got to laugh at the company's justification. Of *course* people would like "better," "more natural" mice. If you're using the mouse+keyboard that came with your computer, that's a real given.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

This has carpel tunnel written all over it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,875
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Dec 14 2009 1:11 PM

So it's covered in soft Gel?

It's a Booby Mouse then,....................I'll take two "D" sizes please,......

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40
Gonzobot replied on Mon, Dec 14 2009 11:33 PM

Yeah, uh, go to the store and buy a mouse that fits your hand. I got a Logitech MX510 probably five years ago now. It was the only mouse to actually fit in my hand properly. And the most amazing part is, even though I got it so long ago, IT STILL FITS IN MY HAND!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 24,625
digitaldd replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:22 AM

realneil:

So it's covered in soft Gel?

It's a Booby Mouse then,....................I'll take two "D" sizes please,......

I remember the sexxy mouse not the booby one.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:19 PM

I am with you Gonzo I use Logitech MX 518's on my laptop and on my desktop. I have in total owned 3 now I think. I have big hands and it works perfectly for me I have looked at others, but I always try my mouse out in person. This one fits me flawlessly, I also like all the features and know by touch where every button is on it. I also personally don't like wireless mice even the top end ones always seem a split second off to me in synchronization. Either way this thing looks very uncomfortable to me with the two big click actuators being all the way on the opposite side of a ball to me. That means I would have to hold my arm like 2.5-3.5 inches off the desktop at all times. No thanks!!!!!!

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:14 PM

>> That thing can't possibly be comfortable...

My thought exactly.

Looks like your wrist would be at a horrible angle.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
stella1204 replied on Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:34 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing the article on cash. fashion guess Become fashionable pioneer is my great love.That's a awesome article. I enjoyed the article a lot while reading. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article. I want to say very thank you for this great informations, now I understand about it,thank you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 309
Points 2,990
JOMA replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:38 AM

Terrible design. There's a reason no one has really changed the design of the mouse in all these years.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS