Shortcuts

3D Mark 2006

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435
amdcrankitup Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:36 PM

Just playing around still working on that 4 ghz but havent got there going to add some more cooling high speed fans and a fan controller. Also going to try OCZ Amd Black edition 1600 or some G Skill. I beleive I can get to my mark but Im going to up the Vcore so I need to controll the temp but I just was going to post a couple screenshots at 3.6 and 3.8.Also I updated the bios to ver: 2205 the newest which added some capabilities in addition to using all 4 cores.

Still working on 3.8 ghz and stabilty going to wait on my parts and play some more!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,475
Points 47,060
ForumsAdministrator

That Phenom II X3 720 CPU has got to be one of the biggest overclock monster bargains available!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,475
Points 47,060
ForumsAdministrator
Super Dave replied on Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:46 PM

amdcrankitup:
Still working on 3.8 ghz and stabilty going to wait on my parts and play some more!

Have you experimented with the RAM voltage yet? 

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Super Dave:

amdcrankitup:

Have you experimented with the RAM voltage yet? 

Yeah but Im going to upgrade my ram to the OCZ AMD Black Edition 1600 with a cooler for the ram and add a couple of 140mm high speed fans to the case with a fan contoller because It was getting hot. To hot for my comfort besides Im willing to go over 1.6 on my vcore and also peg the ram a little also but I got enough sence to know it was getting 2 hot for my taste espicially the Ram and the NB and  getting hot. I,ve seen the 720 and the Asus M4a79t Deluxe as high as 1.7 and 1.9 but then your talking about some extreme cooling like dry ice and lig nitrogen! I.ll go as far as  1.65 on water but then step back and take a hard look at my cooling! I,ve played real hard on this board and it appears to handle it very well! Im totally impressed what it will take.Im going to save up my change and get a Phenom II x4 965/140watt then play more.IT did have a little more flexabilty when I updated the bios to its latest 2205 and opened all 4 cores.LOL I get excited and want to peg that thing out but have to remind myself about the temps a regain my composure.Its kinda of like getting all excited with your GF and she,s says she got a headache!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS