ASUS Xtreme Design contest: stage 2 build-"KLsi"

This post has 49 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:19 PM

I will be using the Antec 900 gaming computer case for this project. It allows high air flow while possibilities to improve acoustic properties. The front bezels and top fan will be painted blue to match the color theme of the Asus P7P55 motherboard. Also, a modified easy overclocking button will be extended and mounted on the front. While the highly efficient Antec Quattro 850 power supply has certifications from RoHs and plus bronze, keeping energy wasted minimum. Samsung SSD allows extremely high efficient drive performance while outputting 0dB of noise. Also, equipping G.Skill high performance memory and Intel Core i7, I could be rendering my architectural schoolwork (CPU) while participating at Folding@home(GPU) and help cure diseases. Both CPU and GPU would be installed with aftermarket cooler to achieve lower noise output and better cooling. Depending on the results, most of the 120mm case fans would also be exchanged for silent fans. In order to demonstrate the goals, this computer will be monitor with a power consumption meter at the power outlet to show how much power is used. Also, I will showing how other components allowing me to contribute to folding@home while keeping up with work.

11/21/2009 - Project Initiation.

WOOOHOOO. Thank you Asus and sponsers for choosing me. I'm very glad to share my experience with Asus. Today i took some change of my schematic design. Instead going for fan cool, i changed to watercool for more quiet and more efficient cooling system. Also, instead of using Antec 900 as my original case idea, i changed to Antec 1200 for a more grander scheme and space for my future system.

This blog will separate into different sections, in responds to my design.

1. Unboxing
  2. Case construction process
  3. test and power consumption test
  4. reviews and thought
  5. overclocking + benchmark
  6. folding@home
  7. final thought

I hope this blog will go smoothly as planned :D

SleepOk now I finish all these boring talkSleep. NOW LET GET TO THE EXCITING STUFF . Super Angry

Today, i went to performance-pcs and purchase a custom watercool kits online for this contest. It is kinda pricey for an university student, but since I will recieve all these sponser products, i think should give something back and make an exciting design. This is the list i bought.

Feel free to add comment and thought. If there any suggestion please post i will be happpy to reply. THANK YOU in advance

11 /23 / 2009 - GEAR RECIEVED.
OMG ! This is unbelievable. Thank you Asus and sponers once again for giving me this wonderful pre christmas gift Big SmileI will try to up load all my unboxing video for tonight. Everything is awsome. This is the sneak  preview of the xtreme family Big Smile

11/24/2009 – Unboxing Video Uploaded

Today, I finally can squeeze some time to upload my unboxing videos, with all products. Phew ~~ that was hard, so much product to unbox at once. I try my best for the video to show everything clearly. Here is the link below.

1.       Unboxing the “Big box” :D

2.       Asus P7P55D Premium Motherboard

Asus ENGTX 260 GPU

4.       Intel Core i7 860 CPUs

5.       G.Skill DDR 2133 CL9 4GB TDS "Trident Series memory

6.       Antec Quattro 850 PSU

7.       Razor Death Adder Mouse

8.       Razer Lycosa Keyboard

Later Today, I wen to a local Pc store to buy my new Antec 1200 case, i try to search for second hand in my local area, apparently no one willing to sell their Antec case.  Right now I still thinking of how my design should go, and how every little thing should be detail.

Fan – might be painted to blue to should the xtreme design logo style
side panel – stickers with logos
interior fan- should be all black to give a clean look
cable sleeving – black or blue still not decided yet
watercool component location – brain storming
Front panel mod- black tinted arcylic maybe still not sure how to do it.

For now I will assemble everything into the case and decide how the design should go and cable management.

On November 27, my watercool parts should be here according to UPS!! CHEERS!
Sorry for my slow process, right now in my program “ architecture science” everything is due at the end of november, therefore please be patient on my process…. Countless all nighter
L Later on the blog I might show you guys what I do in my program.. mostly graphic representation.

Pick up a HDMI cable as well in the local pc store

Unboxing the Antec 1200

Size comparsion with my Cosmo S

Brain storming how to mod the case
11/30/2009
Sorry guys, i seem to be disappear for few days because my Architecture Thesis is due today, so i have to work on it, but now i all finish ! Cheers ! Remeber i said i order the watercool stuff last week, now is here and currently is leak testing. I also ordered some sleeving on Friday, and i hope sleeving will help make the system look clean and professional. here is some watercool pic.
The radiator will be mounting on the front of the system, this will help sucking air into the case and help cool other component of the computer within the case . If i put the radiator at the back like many other people have, i will lose all that feature and 6 120mm fan will be mount on both side. That about it for today.... need to get some sleep
12/1/2009
WAKAKAKAKAKAKA !!!! Watercool leak test step one is finish. NO LEAK !!. Now we will be moving on to step 2. which is in case testing. And sleeve that order earlier ago has arrived today. However i realize that i order the wrong size of the sleeving, it should be 1/8" instead of 3/16. So in order to create a thiner look, i think i have give more tension to the sleeving to make it strech and this will give a thinner looking. Here some sneak preview for the watercool
SEXY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also un-sleeved all the cable in the psu, in order for me to re-sleeve them. Tomorrow i will buy some heat shrink and we can get process going more smoothly.  That about it for today.
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:48 PM

12/4/2009

Pick up from last blog, sleeving still not done, didn't expect it will took a long time to sleeve each cable. In order not to fall behind on my blogging i used by old cosair 750 as my psu and started to put the hardwares together and begin my overclocking and folding.

As my original idea that, i talk about i will be using gpu to fold and do my school work at the same time (cpu). Here i am, i just joined folding@home  and start folding using 260 GTX. This card is very efficient in doing calculation of folding. The link below show the score that i archieved using 260 GTX,
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=KLsi

OVERCLOCKING !

I did some stock analysis before i start overclocking the cpu, so i can compare before and after.
Here is a before clock temperature and cpu speed.

23-27c stock temperature @ watercool i think it is a good start for overclocking

With 100% load the temperature went from 25  to 45~

Right now i overclocked the cpu to 4.0 ghz @ 73C. and priming in prim 95 to find out stable or not.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 685

Looks awesome. yummy.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:45 AM

12/6/2009

WOOT HOOO PRIME STABLE ! 4.0 ghz @ 72C. Today however i didn't to much of overclocking instead i decide to mod my Antec 1200 side panel.

Moding Plan
Cut out a square and removing the stock fan spot and acrylic, to give a cleaner look and SHOWOFF the watercool :D
I used masking tape to tape all over the panel to prevent scratch. If you look carefully in the image you will see there is 2 cuts, the inner cut i fail to cut straight :( so i have do another cut. P.S this is my first time modding a computer case, so error margin should be considered. :) im also under my friend supervision, and teach my how to cut with jigsaw. LOL

"Shaking" cutting in the garage in -1.5c... very cold.

all 4 side is straight WOO HOO !! first time cutting with a jigsaw !! feel so proud of myself. the white panel that is under, is my friend sponser me for praticing my first 2 cuts and teaching my how to cut a straight line with a jigsaw.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:43 AM

12/7/2009 Mini update and about me
In previous post that i promise you guys that i will tell what i do in my program, Architecture Science. Here some graphic representation that i did for my project in year 3 Studio. Right now I'm year 4, graduating this summer. This is what i do everyday and with this system, i can do my work more efficiently, shorter time on rendering = more time on designing = better building designed.

3D Front elevation created in Autodesk Revit Architecture

Here some 3D rendering of my design ! i hope you guys like it.

Some more rendering ... :D                                                                                      The Nissan R35 just modeled for fun and end up in my other course assignment

So what i'm hoping to achieve with this system that, i hope with the speed of Core i7, it will help me speed up my rendering process of my work and while doing rendering i can also do folding@home at the same time. And hoping i can put this computer into good use.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 685
ottoyu34 replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:54 AM

Awesome update!

If you guys haven't notice, those pictures are all rendered (on CPU).

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Mon, Dec 7 2009 11:33 AM

Yes ! Thank you Otto :D. All 3D work i done is in CPU, so i hoping that i can fold while i work !

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

Nice to see another 3d person around here as well.... I learned on 3ds max 3....lol

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Wed, Dec 9 2009 1:11 AM

12/8/2009 - Acrylic test fit.

Today afternoon went to a "special Acrylic" store to cut some piece for my design. Black acrylic is very very rare to find in Toronto. However, with lot of online searching, i finally found one who carry black acylic. It took me an hour drive to the shop, which is kinda far, however after the test fit i believe the work is worth it. IT LOOKS AWASOME.... very clean, i like it very much

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:37 AM

12/15/2009 1:15 AM

Exams are finally done today... FULL STEAM AHEAD for blogging.
Today, i clocked the cpu up to 4.1 and achieved 1.5 hr stable. I will prime more tonight to prove it is stable. I don't want to lose my work during rendering. If the system fail in stress test  = fail during rendering = lost all the work i done. Here some picture for the prime.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:29 AM

12/15/2009 2:15 AM

Benched mark my cpu in PCMarks. The score are indicated below. Once my 4.1 ghz cpu is prime stable for 6 hours i will try to push it some more. The i will overclocked the graphic card as well. Why am i so eager on overclocking?  Faster system = render faster = more productive = better quality assignment = attend to good graduate school.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:44 AM

12/15/2009 2:30 AM

Remeber a week ago, i said that i join the Folding@home as part as my original design. Here some score that i achieve using the 260 GTX GPU sponser by Nvidia. I will keep on folding and keep you guys update. Nvidia GPU not just only for gaming, it also can help speed up the disease cure research in Standford. I believe every little help counts.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:59 AM

12/15/2009 -3AM

Did a Super Pi 1 Mill calculation, only took 10.7 sec !!!! This is a beast that is unleashed by intel. :O

Some quick discovery that intel just released a interesting Window 7 Widget on Turbo Technology Monitor. Is a simple display of increase in processor frequency when applications request the Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers more performance.

If you are interested in this Widget you can download the link below :D

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18353&lang=eng

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:34 AM

12/15/2009 - 11:00 AM

Just wake up and benchmarked some more for the cpu since i overclocked and compare to other cpu performance here are some result. The result are awsome. The red is my sponsered Core i7 860 overclocked. The benchmarking result consisted of cyptopgraphy, multicore efficiency, processor arithmetic, processor multi media.

[above] Cryptopgraphy Result- how fast can decode a encryption.
result are higher the better

[above] Multicore Efficiency
result are higher the better the bottom one is lower the better.

[above] Processor Arithmetic

[above] Processor Multi Media

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

That a real nice project you got going on there!! Good job it looks like its going turn out to be a nice Rig. I,ve got the Coolermaster Storm Sniper case and I love it to me its one of the best! I also like your Antec case and the Cosmos. I was in a local comp store where I live and seen that Antec case its a real nice looking case.Like that big fan and just the overall look like mine its got that Heavy Medal look to it thats what sets it off. Even though my case is fairly new I,ve got some ideas on some side panel mods and a mod on the front panel fan inlet.Not that Im not satisfied with the look of the case the mods Im going to do arent going require me physically cutting my case but making add on mods which can be swapped out and to change the look and then if I choose change them back! You got some choice hardware going in your rig also.What kit is that you got for your cooling? Also your keyboard is like mine nice Razor.Anyway good luck on your Rig be looking for the end result!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:44 PM

Thank you ! My cooling is posted on the top, you can see what i ordered from ppc and the component choice i made. The watercool i use im still testing out the limite and how good it cool the system. For sure i will keep you guys updated.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:46 PM

12/15/2009 4:40 Pm

Good News!!! 4.0 ghz (correct from previous about 4.1) 6 hours prime stable, so now im going to push a little harder. I was too excited... and forgot to take a screenshot. Sorry guys....

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Tue, Dec 15 2009 8:45 PM

12/15/2009 - 8:40 PM

WOW GREAT NEWS GUYS !!!!
5 Hours prime stable @ 4.2 Ghz this CPU IS PURELY AWSOME. !!!!!

After this result i even try to push my CPU higher and see what are the limits are. Right now still priming @ 4.3 Ghz
Voltage are very high CPU V1.45. DevilDevilSEEM TO BE GETTING HOT IN HERE DevilDevil

the time abit mess up since i changed during prime.. therefore sorry for the weirdness.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:00 AM

12/16/2009

After 1 hours prime stable of 4.3 ghz.. operating temperature is 98 - 99 C that is way TOO HOT for normal usage. Therefore i tune back down to 4.2ghz, so i stop here for cpu tunning and if i still have time i will try tune it once more. To stable this BEAST is hard :D

10.07sec calculation 1 M

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:39 PM

Forgot compare from 4.0ghz to 4.2 Pcmarks score. The stock 860 score is 12,446. Therefore from 2.8 to 4.2ghz is 34% increase in score

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:03 AM

12/16/2009

Today finished overclocking the cpu. And now i shall start overclocking the GPU GTX 260 Geeked

I used MSI backburner to tune my GPU, is the only tuner i used before.  If there is any improve on this overclock please suggest. I still a new comer to this.and the picture on the right show you can tune your fan speed curve, this a quit neat feature.

Used furmark to stress the GPU and test for stability. As i researched, all Nvidia gpu max recommand temp is 85c. I think pushed the GPU the maximum temp and it actually stay at 85cStick out tongue

This is the stock 3D mark score which is 11064. And using GPU z to show exact spec of the GTX 260

The overclocked score is 12376 and this is a 10% increased in score. In performance from 576 Mhz to 690mhz is 16% increase !!!! overclocking this gpu is quick simple and easy, which this jump in performance, the card is still very stable.

More will be coming soon.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:52 AM

12/17/2009
Here is a product comparsion.

[above] is the stock GTX 260 comparsion.
[Below] is the overclocked comparsion. You can see the core performance is close to GTX 280. You may notice that the gpu memory clock is a bit low , cause i leave it at stock. when i try to overclock the memory the gpu become a bit unstable i should try to work on that and stress it a bit more.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:05 AM

A quick respond to me post above. Successfully clocked the memory. to 1170. I think 1170 is the max after that it became unstable. for some reason the gpu became 60c. Previously is @ 85c before clocking memory. This is some kind of mystery i kind figure out ... hmmmmHuh?.. Maybe the i updated the newest driver.. still not sure..

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:59 AM

update for sandra and 3D Marks Score

The memory gpu is increase almost double in performance however is still abit low, however as a GTX 260 it is doing very well

3D Marks: 13870 !!! THIS IS AWSOME !!!!! from stock to OC is total  20% increase in score and almost double the stock perfomance !!

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:06 AM

12/17/2009 95% complete just wait for the gourment wrap

I just took a walkaround video of my Xtreme system. I'm so excited that this beast is on the video and came alive.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:25 PM

12/17/2009
Compared some Samsung 128GB SSD performance.

[above+Below]The access time compare to generic HDD is a lot faster and driver index is a lot more efficient. This will increase the window start up and loading problem, it is the way to go for perfomance pc. Thank you Samsung for sponsering us this ultra fast HD.

This actually show the result in graph, to show the different a bit more.
The next component im going to look at is the motherboard feature and i should stock clock my cpu to try out the amazing it provide with the motherboard.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:11 PM

12/17/2009

As you can see there is 3 choices for the Tubo V that is offered from Asus. Manual, Easy, Auto overclock. There objective basicly is the same, overclock the cpu without getting into the bios.
Below - I tried the auto overclock and the result is the picture below. I did a video during auto overclock as well.

This board is simply amazing for overclock. If you are a OC geek this feature is just simply amazing and breath taking. For entry overclocker this board is a must have collection. If offer innovative OC program that can OC i7 in a less time comsumpting and less hassle than clocking in BIOS. It also offer stablilty test during overclock, so user doesn't need to use program such as Prime95 to test it. The result from auto tune is 3.57 ghz !!! I believe this will satifisfy many entry overclocker.This program is just AMAZING. I don't want to repeat myself too much, but this program is getting me excited and i'm very impress by Asus offering such program.

I want to prove it is stable, so i use Prime 95 to test it. 2.5 hrs prime  PASSED .  I believe this make OC core i7 much more easier for new comer, with this program, i can just press the Staple "easy button" all day while other OCer stuck in the BIOS. Stick out tongue

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:46 PM

Turbo V Demonstration video. That i made previously.

EPU-6 Engine.
The next function i tried that is offered by ASUS is EPU-6 Engine. A program help minimize the power consumption by tweaking the CPU speed and monitoring activity of the computer.

[above]  The EPU-6 engine is a very smart power consumption monitor. When it detect is using less load it automatic underclock the cpu. In my case it underclock to 1.3 ghz. This will absolutely safe energy, resource and minmized the temperature of the computer.
[below] When it detected cpu power is in demand it clock back to normal speed (turbo mode) and in some occasion i noticed it actually overclock the cpu a little bit more. When the demand of the cpu is low, it will turn back to Max Power Saving mode.

The program is not just a power consumption monitor, it also tell you how much you reduced the CO2 Emission. This really encourage the user to use this program, because i know that i m helping the environment and with data support. This is program is making the world greener and also making computer greener than ever.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:13 PM

This little addon is quit cool. You can remotely start your desktop and OC on the fly with your favorite save OC profile. It also implement to EPU-6 Engine, You can use this to select which mode you want to use. I can imagine that, whenever i need to render my work, i will choose my max clocked speed profile and if i just surfing the internet i can use EPC to save some power. These feature is quit unique and impressive.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:29 PM

12/17/2009 BIOS 4.2 clocking spec.

Sorry guys, i know is abit random for posting BIO spec. Just want to share my experience with others. If there is anything i can improve by tweaking the bio please tell me.

Keep in mind this is a stable overclock... not a suicidal overclock. Stable Prime95 for 6 hours.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:32 AM

12/18.2009 Folding while Rendering with Revit Architecture

As i mention in my design submission, with this sponsered xtreme system i will use it for folding when it is idle and even when i'm doing my work. All my related work is using the CPU not gpu so when i m working the gpu is still free so i can put it into good use. However, for now i only fold when i using this computer since i do not have 2 screen. But later on after the system is fully complete, this system will be folding during idle and hoping can help speed up the medical research.

Folding while Rendering with Revit Architecture:

one more thing to add. This system speed up my rendering time, normally with my old systm it will take 2 hours to render one high quality picture and now it only taking 30 minutes each. This will definitely help me speed up my work and design.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:23 PM

12/18/2009 - Sketchup rendering with Vray

This system is stunning FAST with rendering. In modeling it is very smooth when it is displaying thousands of faces. I must say thank you to G.SKILL, Intel, ASUS, Samsung, Nvidia and Antec. With this combination of system i can achieve faster rendering.

G.Skill memory help smooth out my modeling a lot (line and faces in modeling DEMAND LOTS OF MEMORY), Intel give me 8 square when rendering (Q6600 only 4), ASUS STABLE overclocking and speed up CPU, Samsung SSD give me fast respond in loading texture help smooth out modeling , Nvidia speed up OpenGL speed and antec give me steady powersupply. This is a perfect combination for modeling as well as rendering.

Here is some rendering i did with sketchup this morning and a video link below and see the rendering speed in real time. The 8 square in VRAY is just AWSOME

Video of the actual rendering:

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:02 AM

12/19/2009 Here some memory comparison.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:14 AM

12/20/2009 - POWER CONSUMPTION.

In my design intention i have mention the power consumption usage. Now i have almost complete analysis on the hardware and completed my overclock on the hardware and i think now is the appropiate time to analysis the power consumption.

The test result below when CPU clocked to 4.2ghz and GPU clocked to 690 mhz

[Left] Full Stress test with cpu and gpu [center] 432Watt needed when full stress[right]189 watt when idle

The test result below when every is at stock speed.

[above] when system is idle with EPH-6 Engine operating.
[below] when the system is under full stress.

This clearly demonstrated that when the system at stock speed, it only need 111 watt to operate, which is very low compare to previous generation system (Q6600), it is a huge improvement. This power consumption showed that the system is very efficient and with the eph-6 engine that ASUS offer, when idle it actually underclock the cpu and reduce the power consumption and temperature even more. When the system overclocked it demand more power, almost double when idle, however it give you the system full potential. Nothing is perfect, there is always a sacrifice that we need to make. When the system is under full stress it demand 432 watt which 30% more, however it give you 4.2ghz(cpu) and 690mhz(gpu).

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Sun, Dec 20 2009 12:49 PM

From inspiration of Otto i  did a superoverclock just to benchmark. 4.6Ghz. However i m not sure my world rank. Otto 4.5ghz 35 place. I think 4.6ghz will be little higher.

Im going to sli GTX 260 very soon. The card will be coming shortly.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:47 PM

12/20/2009

[Above] physic disable. only SLI
[Below] physic enable with SLI

[above] this is the previous result i got without SLI.

With SLI the system benchmark almost double, which mean in performance equal double. This is a 100% increase in speed. This clearly demonstrated the motherboard, ASUS P7P55D, is able to SLI Nvidia card at no problem at all. Also showing the powersupply, Antec Quattro 850, provide more then enough energy to the system. Thank you Antec and Asus.

Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 685
ottoyu34 replied on Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:33 PM

Hey, nice 4.6Ghz bench OC. looks like you got a strong chip.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:18 PM

lucky me, i think i got a good overclocker chip :D

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:22 PM

12/21/2009

The build is almost complete just waiting the window kit to be deliever to my house. After that everythings is done, right now i m enjoying my rig with gamming. Later i will post some review on the system.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 335
klsi replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:25 AM

12/23/2009 Personal Thought of the products

Antec TruePower Quattro 850 Power Supply 

After used the power supply for some time, I can say that the Antec Truepower Quattro 850w is one of the best PSU that I had experienced. When it operate in full load the noise output is remain same as idle, this is what I like the most. In performance wise, it has amazing voltage regulation and lots of connector options. With this PSU I can use two high performances GPU also a core i7 that is clocked to 4.2 ghz and still able to handle the power demand and not failing. This is a truly a solid PSU with eyes catching exterior design.

Page 1 of 2 (50 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS