Asus Introduces Eee Box EB1501 With Ion, Windows 7

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,161
Points 1,185,475
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:58 PM
Asus has been dishing out quite a few new devices here lately, with a 3D laptop and a TS mini NAS server heading things up. The company looks to close out the week with the introduction of an Ion-based nettop, which looks mighty stylish and includes a dual-core Atom N330 processor, Windows 7 Home Premium, an HDMI output, and a slot-loading DVD drive. The full specifications are below, with availability set for December 7th and an MSRP of $479.

Eee Box EB1501 Nettop

Key Takeaways:

1)     A new standard in home entertainment nettop:

a.       Performance

i.     Intel dual core Atom N330 procesor

ii.     NVIDIA ION graphics with CUDA support

iii.     Windows 7 Home premium

b.      Highdefinition multimedia

i.     Full HD 1080P + HDMI

ii.     Built-in slot loaded DVD drive

iii.     5.1 audio with SPDIF out

iv.     Built-in media player supporting a wide range of mediaformats

c.       Richconnectivity

i.     802.11N + gigabit LAN

ii.     eSATA, USB

iii.     VGA, HDMI

d.      Greencomputing

i.     Max power consumption: 65w

ii.     Space saving design

iii.     Includes VESA mounting kit

2)     Official launch with immediate availability: Dec 7

3)     Introductory MSRP: $479 USD

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:16 PM

The remote is 1/3rd the size of the computer.

I wonder how long until they put the computer in the remote, add a neural interface, network every device/mechanism we encounter in our daily lives, and then top it off by designing the remotes to look like gnarled sticks? Do you think it's too early to patent that?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,405
Jeremy replied on Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:39 AM

A gnarled staff roughly 2 meters in height? Too late, filed that patent 2 years ago. :)

Does anybody make one of these boxes with an integrated TV tuner? This is an HTPC waiting to happen, but without a TV tuner or the ability to add one, I'm not interested.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS