Sleek Audio's SA1 Earbuds: Wireless, Custom Tuned, Just $80

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,856
Points 1,115,385
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2009 6:37 PM
Headphones and earbuds are a dime a dozen these days, and frankly it's tough to keep track of which ones are worth a listen and which are just worth passing over. Sleek Audio has been a trusted name in the industry for some time now, though most of its loyal fan base were of the affluent type. Sleek's earbuds are generally expensive, and some are custom tunable to give buyers that perfect sound they've been searching for.

Now, that same tunable luxury is hitting the lower-end, as the SA1 earbuds are priced for just about anyone. Or at least anyone that would seriously consider investing in a good pair of 'buds. Another interesting tidbit about the SA1s are that these have wireless capabilities thanks to Kleer technology, which actually enables users to listen without those dangling cables around their neck.

They're available to order right now for $79.99.

The SA1’s wooden body features the same patented cable design as the SA6 and CT6 and is compatible with Sleek Audio’s Kleer wireless system. For sound, the SA1 utilizes a first-of-its-kind, custom tuned 6mm dynamic driver for surprising bass impact, stunning clarity and balanced sound signatures. It is also part of the VQ system line and allows listeners to adjust the frequency response of the earphone with treble tuning options.

“It can be a wireless earphone or wired earphone, we leave the choice up to the listener. Our products are about options, and allowing our customers to find what works best for them,” added Krywko.

The SA1 is now shipping and can be found online at www.sleek-audio.com as well as through many of the world’s top audio e-tailors.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

These actually seem really nice!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,048
Points 60,675
3vi1 replied on Wed, Nov 18 2009 5:20 PM

I was thinking it was overpriced, until I saw the wireless part.

And then I saw how much the required Kleer system costs. So now I'm back to overpriced.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,430
Points 102,120
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:45 AM

With my luck I'd get this and try to use the wireless function and the neighbor would get one too and listen to Polka music on it. It would interfere with mine and my classic rock would be out the window! Or it just would not work in my area due to crossfade interoptability maxizoomdweety connipulational disfunctionality.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:27 AM

That's really cool for the price! I'll have to look at the specs more closely, but I've been looking for a nice set of earbuds for less, and these might be them.

><((((">Lev Astov

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,963
Points 25,700
gibbersome replied on Thu, Nov 19 2009 11:43 AM

How much is the Kleer system?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS