RadioShack To Run Target's Mobile Phone Operations

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,696
Points 1,156,990
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:33 PM
The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal is reporting that Target plans to outsource its mobile phone operation to RadioShack subsidiary Kiosk Operations. Earlier this month, the subsidiary opened kiosks in about 100 Target stores in California, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, Texas, and Washington. The partners plans to roll out the kiosks to all 1,700 Target stores sometime next year.

You'll be able to distinguish the Kiosk Operations employees from Target sales associates by their black shirts, instead of the red shirts that are typically worn by Target's staff. The kiosks themselves are branded Bullseye Mobile Solutions.

Target's current prepaid and post-paid wireless offerings are displayed along a single aisle facing and lacks a dedicated staff. The kiosks will sell Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and AT&T phones and service plans as well as various prepaid phones and calling cards. Since these are the same products and services currently offered by Target, customers aren't likely to notice a big change.

Although Anthony Chukumba, an analyst for FTN Midwest Securities Corp., doesn't feel the new mobile phone partnership will make a big difference for Target in terms of overall results, he still feels it's important for Target to enhance its presence in the mobile-phone segment. “It’s something you have to offer to your customer, and if you don’t have the expertise to do it yourself, it makes sense to outsource it to someone else,” he said. “RadioShack has more experience with wireless and likely will do a much better job selling wireless handsets and calling plans than Target would.”

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:29 PM

Based on what Radio Shack charges for a part that cost 7 cents to manufacture, I expect their phone cards will be priced at about $19 a minute?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

I thought Radio Shack rebranded to "The Shack!"

Target is hanging dead weight around their neck with this partnership.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
NBhatt replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:27 PM

hi how are you?

we have upgrades our phones at target 762 with one of mobile kiosk person.

he gave us a good deal so we took target mobile repair service for $ 30 also he didnt have good machine to transfer my phone book, pictures etc. so he send us at another target store located on rea road but the person work their tried hard and hard to transfered all filed cant do it more then transfering phone books.its took us forever to getback home.

well wen i was checking my phone to see hows its working so i found out that its having some problems. we went back today to talk to him bout it. he is like may be its side problems etc. so we left with agree with him to see for coupledays if its gonna work good then we went to ATT store to moved all files from my old phone to new one.

we findout that phone having a sofware defect so we went back top target store to see associate again so he can refund my money but another person was their who ask me same questions three- four times. called here their to findout what he can do? while he can call that associate who helped us.

well i am very disaapointed with their services because i have go their bout sixtimes to visit to fix my problems.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS