Pentax 'Korejanai' K-x DSLR: A Patchwork Quilt Of A Camera

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,100
Points 1,183,670
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Oct 25 2009 5:27 PM
Remember Pentax's K-x DSLR that it delivered back in late September?Believe it or not, the camera you're looking at here is that samemodel--just one with a whole new outfit. Designed as a limited editionbundle exclusively for the Japanese (or import) market, the KorejanaiK-x is a colorful version of the HD-video-equipped K-x. A reallycolorful version.

Just 100 of these will be produced, and they'll all be sold with amatching Korejanai Robot Model and a limited-run, colorful smc PENTAXDA-L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL lens. The actual hardware of the cameraremains the same as the original, though there's no doubt that slingingthis around will get the attention of onlookers. Good luck getting yoursubjects to focus on you and not the camera!

The camera was created by Japanese novelty designer ZariganiWorks,which is credited with crafting such novelty items as the Self DestructButton USB hub, and those familiar with Korejanai will certainlyappreciate the face atop the pop-up flash. Pricing for the Pentax K-xKorejanai Robot Model with matching 18-55mm DA-L lens is set at ¥79,800inclusive of tax (roughly equivalent to $880). Sales start on November2nd at 10AM Japanese time, with availability later that month.

Oh, and if you're upset that no special hues will be available for those in the United States, take heart. A red and navy blue model will be made available in US soon, with pricing and an exact ship date to follow in short order.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Mon, Oct 26 2009 1:31 PM

That's pretty hilarious. I love the face on top! I think people would have a hard time taking any photographer seriously if they were using this, though.

><((((">Lev Astov

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Mon, Oct 26 2009 5:23 PM

lol.... I would love to have this unit. The conversations it would start.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Mon, Oct 26 2009 5:52 PM

It's a very specifically marketed camera. That market being: Superman.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS