Kingston's MobileLiteG2 USB Card Reader Redefines Tiny

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,421
Points 1,193,170
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 9 2009 9:42 AM
HDTVs just keep growing larger and larger. So do prices on data planrates. But we can think of a few things that just keep shrinking: CPUs,GPUs and USB card readers. Frankly, it's amazing just how small someUSB flash drives and card readers are these days. Some of 'em just seemtoo small for your own good, and some of 'em seem more likely to getlost than used.

Enter Kingston's MobileLiteG2, a second generation card reader thatfits pretty well into the latter category we described above. Measuringjust 2.45" x 1.16" x 0.646" in size, this incredibly tinydevice is one of the smallest card readers we've seen--at least one ofthe smallest that accepts such a wide variety of card formats. Outsideof CompactFlash, most all of the big hitters are covered. SD, SDHC,microSD, microSDHC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo andMemory Stick Micro (M2) are covered--just plug in your card of choice,plug the other end into a USB socket on your machine, and watch theconnection take place.

The unit has retractable covers on both sides to prevent damage, andit'll function find with practically any operating system. The driveitself sells for just $11, but there's a $28.50 bundle with a 4GB SDHCcard and a $46 package that includes an 8GB SDHC card.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Great price, great package. Though most laptops today come equipped with a card reader, this is a great alternative for those that don't have one.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Fri, Oct 9 2009 11:24 AM

At that price and size, I'll definitely pick one up just to have. Very nice little adapter to keep in your laptop bag.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945

I'm impressed, the slot covers make it so I could just drop it in my laptop bag and forget about it until needed. Cheap and small, and it looks good to boot.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS