This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,795
Points 1,163,235
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Oct 7 2009 11:17 AM

POWERCOLOR ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH EK FOR THE COOLEST GAMING EXPERIENCE

Partnership brings Liquid Cooling Solution (LCS) to the HD5870 series

Taipei, Taiwan –October 7, 2009–TUL Corporation, a leading manufacturer of AMD graphics cards, is proud to announce the collaboration with award-winning liquid cooling solution provider, EK. The partnership brings a liquid cooling solution to the most powerful single GPU on the market today, the HD5870 series. EK cooling offers exceptional thermal performance and enhances gaming performance in a cool and stable operating environment.

The Liquid Cooling Solution (LCS) can completely dispel excessive heat within an airtight environment, enabling the heat to be dissipated in a quiet setting. The cooperation with EK allows PowerColor to bring another attractive option to the HD5870 series. This soon to be part of the Liquid Cooling Solution (LCS) product lineup, with full water block mounting on the card, helps deliver the perfect heat dissipation in a silent setting; allowing a perfect user experience like never before.

"PowerColor always tries to bring gamers a superior and out-of-box gaming experience,” said Ted Chen, CEO of TUL Corporation. “The partnership with EK sets up another milestone in the market and I believe this soon to be part of PowerColor LCS lineup’s product can fulfill the needs of hardcore players.”

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

I wonder if it'll be able to beat that one ASUS 5870's speed. If it does, I could see some crazy enthusiasts buying a few of these and laughing at Crysis like madmen possessed.

Hello

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 2,048
Points 29,300
kid007 replied on Wed, Oct 7 2009 12:31 PM

it seems everyday people are going more with watercooling solution that regular air cooling... I always have wanted to go that way. I wonder when would laptops be watercooled? probably in the next 3-4 years...

MacBook Pro 13.3" LED-Backlit Glossy, Intel "Penryn" Core 2 Duo T8700 - 2.53G, 8GB DDR3 1066, NVIDIA GForce 9400M 1280X800

HTPC 4G DDR3 XMS Corsair, Intel i5-750 Quad Core, 6ft HDMI Cable by Rosewill, AverMedia Tv Card, Gigabyte P55M-UD2,  Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Vapor X Cooling, 500 HD Maxtor 7200 2.5 HDD, Asus Blu-Ray Optical Drive, 46" LED Toshiba TV

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

From what I know, a liquid cooling setup can take up more space than fans (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The biggest benefits to liquid cooling is the lower noise and much better cooling, would be a great addition to any laptop if implemented.

Of course if you have enough time and good soldering skills, you might want to take a look at this:

http://hackaday.com/2006/10/13/removable-laptop-water-cooling/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,816
Points 45,645
rapid1 replied on Wed, Oct 7 2009 1:38 PM

Yes water cooling on a laptop I think would be good. I have actually discussed this with a few people on the hardware side of the industry. They always pointed to the necessity of it. From what was pointed out to me, and that I can see as a very valid point is that today the cooling is fine on a normal laptop setup.

Of course a hardware enthusiast such as me can see definitive holes in these theories. I think a full strength laptop/desktop replacement (also known as a gaming laptop), which could be used with a desktop size cpu would validate this. I also think that such a CPU in the current nm, and energy usage structure of things would be a very valid usage of such a setup.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945

CNC'd copper.... pretty..... *drool*

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 7,630

How noisy is the 5870 stock fan? And can that be improved with a quieter fan? I've been weighing the water vs. air decision, and have come up on the side of air. SilentPCreview has a lot of chatter in their forums about the matter, and (filtering out the obvious goobers on both sides) the consensus seems to be pretty common-sensical: that the more you overclock, the more heat you have to get rid of, and the noisier your components will be, whether air or water. For modest OC'ing air cooling still seems to be the way to go, with a good heatsink and quiet fan.

But I wouldn't turn this puppy away if someone was to hand me one.

"I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot... but I cried when HAL was turned off."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS