Texas Instruments Intros BAII Plus Calculator App For The iPhone

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,792
Points 1,212,725
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2009 12:45 PM
Thanks to a new App Store offering from Texas Instruments, you can now enjoy the functionalities of the company's best-selling financial calculator on your iPhone and iPod touch. The new BAII Plus App provides professionals and students with all of the original calculator's features, including the ability to solve accrued interest, amortization, cost-sell-margin, depreciation and time-value-of-money calculations.

The app takes advantage of the iPhone and iPod touch's Multi-Touch user interface and also includes features such as the 2nd function key like the original calculator.

Other advanced finance and science functions include:
  • Solves Time-Value-of-Money calculations
  • Generates amortization schedules
  • Performs cash-flow analysis, and computes NPV and IRR
  • Calculates depreciation with four different methodologies
  • Breakeven, profit and percent difference calculations
  • Date function to determine days between dates
  • Evaluates bond prices and yields "to maturity" or "to call"
  • Scientific capabilities include trig. and log. functions
  • Memory stores 10 values and Constant Memory retains them
  • Choice of chain or Algebraic Operating System methods
  • Key click sounds enabled optionally via Settings
"Customers told us they want fewer electronic devices to carry around, but they still want a powerful calculator handy in their day-to-day lives," said Melendy Lovett, president of Texas Instruments Education Technology business. "The new BAII Plus calculator app for iPhone and iPod touch meets that need while continuing to offer all of the features that make the BAII Plus one of the most popular financial calculators available today."

The BAII Plus App is available for $14.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

I'd rather see something that emulates a TI-83. But they probably wouldn't allow those for use during any standardized exams.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 2,048
Points 29,300
kid007 replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 1:51 PM

Dude i had a blast with MY TI-83 the only thing that i couldn't use it was for english class. a lot of A's, God i love those days.

"The BAII Plus App is available for $14.99" that is a heck of a cheap price compared to what i paid for... $130.00

MacBook Pro 13.3" LED-Backlit Glossy, Intel "Penryn" Core 2 Duo T8700 - 2.53G, 8GB DDR3 1066, NVIDIA GForce 9400M 1280X800

HTPC 4G DDR3 XMS Corsair, Intel i5-750 Quad Core, 6ft HDMI Cable by Rosewill, AverMedia Tv Card, Gigabyte P55M-UD2,  Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Vapor X Cooling, 500 HD Maxtor 7200 2.5 HDD, Asus Blu-Ray Optical Drive, 46" LED Toshiba TV

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Fri, Sep 25 2009 10:28 PM

I want it to emulate the TI-994a!

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Sun, Sep 27 2009 10:00 AM

@kid007

I know exactly what you're talking about! I spent more time entering Chemistry/Physics formulas in the calculator than studying for those exams.

For those who missed 3vi1's humorous reference:

http://gambit.mit.edu/updates/ti-994a.jpg

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Nice app indeed. Many people feels familiar with BA II Plus because they have to use it in some exams.

I wonder if this application can emulate special functions that exist only in BA II Plus Professional (such as NFV, DPB, DUR).

Additional Features on Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional over BA II Plus

It would be nice if this app can do that.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,775
Points 105,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Oct 13 2010 9:22 AM

So it seems that there really IS an App for that,........(copyright Apple)

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS