Toshiba Unveils High-Performance Qosmio X500 Multimedia Laptop

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,744
Points 1,209,815
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Sep 23 2009 5:42 PM
Toshibaintroduced its new Qosmio X500 Series today. Featuring Windows 7, an Intel Core i7 processor, Intel’s Turbo Boost Technology, DDR3 system memory, and NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M graphics, the Qosmio X500 provides high-performance technologies to enable excellent gaming performance and smooth rendering and encoding of hi-definition video and audio content. The Qosmio X500 Series will be available on October 22.

Toshiba Unveils High-Performance Qosmio X500 Multimedia Laptop

With Cutting-Edge Processing Power from Intel and NVIDIA, Plus Windows7, Enthusiast-Class Qosmio X500 Laptop Delivers Advanced Mobile Performance forDemanding Hi-Def Multimedia Tasks

SAN FRANCISCO – Intel Developer Forum – Sept. 23, 2009 –Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba AmericaInformation Systems, Inc., today unveiled the Qosmio® X500 Series,an enthusiast-class line of performance laptops geared for high definitionmultimedia and gaming. Featuring a striking design on the outside and packedwith premium technologies and features on the inside, the Qosmio X500 Seriesoffers hardcore gamers and digital content creators a portable, well-equipped“pro-class” laptop.

Qosmio X500 Series laptops feature the new Intel® Core™ i7 processor,delivering four cores of intelligent processing power, Windows® 7 and Intel’s® Turbo Boost Technology, which automatically allows processor cores to runfaster than the base operating frequency if it's operating below power,current, and temperature specification limits. The laptops also offerultra-fast DDR3 system memory, dual hard-drive configurations, as well as NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250Mgraphics with 1GB of GDDR5 video memory. Together, this pairing ofhigh-performance technologies allow consumers to rip through the latest 3Dgames at lightning-fast frame-rates or create hi-definition video and audiofaster and more efficiently with smooth rendering and encoding. 

For hi-def lovers, select models of the Qosmio X500 Serieslaptops will be available with an integrated Blu-ray® drive, so moviefanatics can enjoy their favorite movies right from the laptop’s stunning,high-definition 18.4-inch diagonal widescreen display. A premium sound systemfeaturing built-in harman/kardon® speakers and Dolby® Home Theater audio and anintegrated HDMI-CEC port amplifies the entertainment experience, while addingthe flexibility to extend the laptop’s playback capabilities to HDTVs and hometheaters. 

Sporting a new premium design, the Qosmio X500 Seriesfeatures Toshiba’s striking Fusion™ Finish in Omega Black with stylish redchrome accents and a comfortable full keyboard with LED Backlighting andnumeric 10-key pad. An intuitive touchpad with multi-touch control, enablesgreater flexibility to browse and control what’s happening on-screen withgesture-commands, such as two-finger pinch, swipe, rotate and scroll.

“Gaming and high-definition content creation continue to drivehigh-performance PC demand and Toshiba is extremely committed to serving thosemarkets,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, ToshibaAmerica Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “This linecombines premium design users crave with the highest quality of Toshibaengineering to offer one of the best audio-visual experience currentlyavailable on a laptop, at prices attainable for those who need it.”

The Qosmio X500 Series will be on display today at the Intel Developer Forum, takingplace in San Francisco on September 23, 2009.

Pricing andAvailability

Detailed specifications and pricing for the Qosmio X500Series will be available on October 13, 2009 at laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/Qosmio/X500.

The Qosmio X500 Series will be available on October 22, 2009at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba on toshibadirect.com.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 6:25 PM

Another red & black gaming laptop?!?!?!

I give up already, I'm out of Knight Rider jokes.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 2,048
Points 29,300
kid007 replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 7:15 PM

Alienware and Seager got a nice competition!

MacBook Pro 13.3" LED-Backlit Glossy, Intel "Penryn" Core 2 Duo T8700 - 2.53G, 8GB DDR3 1066, NVIDIA GForce 9400M 1280X800

HTPC 4G DDR3 XMS Corsair, Intel i5-750 Quad Core, 6ft HDMI Cable by Rosewill, AverMedia Tv Card, Gigabyte P55M-UD2,  Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Vapor X Cooling, 500 HD Maxtor 7200 2.5 HDD, Asus Blu-Ray Optical Drive, 46" LED Toshiba TV

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:07 PM

They might have dropped the ball a bit with the GTX250 M. Unless this is the lowest one they offer.

I'd still prefer the Asus G51VX-RX05 over this.

http://hothardware.com/Articles/Asus-G51VXRX05-Gaming-Laptop/

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 163
Points 2,240
Kyouya replied on Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:23 PM

I fear what the price will be for this monster laptop.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

Shouldn't be too much, the GTX 250 M is a mid-level card at best.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,767
Points 105,080
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 12:01 PM

Well, It's definitely got all of the right things on it, and I imagine that they will have the option to add a better video card once they start to sell them.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
orlando replied on Thu, Sep 24 2009 12:44 PM

Thats really a most stylish lappy, as per me. i wonder to have one when i saw its review at http://www.techarena.in/news/11712-toshiba-unveils-qosmio-x500-multimedia-laptop.htm but searching for its images and i got it here.

I really thank you guys for sharing this useful stuff. Keep it up !!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705

I like that they changed the back of the screen. This looks nicer than the "flames" that they had on the previous Qomios and Satellites laptops.

Again, the GTX 250 M is a very good card (equal to ATI 4830?), but it's underpowered when others are offering the GTX 260 or above.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
cwrustevo replied on Tue, Oct 6 2009 12:47 AM

I'm kind of excited about this.  This Toshiba is the first 250m graphics part in a laptop that I've seen.  From what I've read the 250m has a much lower TDP than the 260m.  It will be better then a lot of those laptops with 240m's.  Gaming performance with decent battery life hopefully?  Who knows how much of a hog the new i7's will be.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 457
Points 5,945

Who picked the name Qosmio? They need to not have that job anymore.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

I like the looks of it, but yeah... Qosmio is a pretty jenky name.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS