Amazon.com Launches Its Own Brand

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,205
Points 1,186,890
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Sep 20 2009 12:17 PM
Amazon.com has announced its own house brand of electronics. The new brand, called "AmazonBasics," is, according to the giant Internet retailer, a new private-label collection of consumer electronic "basics" created for customers who want "exceptional value."

In other words, basic low-priced electronics goods, which for now appears to be limited to blank media such as blank DVDs or CDs, and cables. The selection for now is extremely limited, but one nice perk for green buyers is that all AmazonBasics products will come in Amazon's Frustration-Free packaging.

Although, as I said, the selection is limited for now, expect Amazon.com to expand its private label items, perhaps even past electronics. AmazonBasics could become the "Kirkland" (Costco's house brand) of Amazon.com.

In North America, sales of non-books/music/movies have been surpassed by the sales of other products on Amazon.com's site. By later this year, the same thing should happen on a worldwide basis. To be honest, we buy almost all our non-grocery goods from Amazon.com (including diapers). It's convenient, quick, and they have a great return policy.

Now if they can just keep states from jumping on the Amazon tax bandwagon started by New York.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sun, Sep 20 2009 12:38 PM

Dear Amazon,

I checked all over your website but could not find an answer to this question: Are these "exceptional value" products manufactured in the same building as Kathy Lee Gifford's clothing?

Hugs,

3vi1

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,599
Points 54,995
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Sep 20 2009 11:02 PM

hahahah! lol eeeeeeeeeeevil

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 7,630
ClemSnide replied on Mon, Sep 21 2009 4:00 AM

We'll have to wait until someone actually buys one of these "incredible deals" and lets us know what the "AmazonBasics" sticker on the package covers. My guess is some Chinese offbrand. "To glory of the recordist, slot CD disk in associated cranny of accountant's work-place! Very much OK!"

"I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot... but I cried when HAL was turned off."

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,659
Points 104,155
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 21 2009 10:03 AM

Prices are good though,.......

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 175
starwhite replied on Mon, Sep 21 2009 3:30 PM

Well its good to see businesses trying to turn a buck even though the economy has been a bumpy ride at best!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS