Microvision's SHOW WX Pico Projector Shipping Soon

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,190
Points 1,186,215
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Sep 16 2009 1:31 AM
Ah, the pico projector. About a year ago, you couldn't look over your shoulder without seeing yet another company come forward with a 640x480 projector that could be shoved in the average pocket, but now that the novelty has worn off, just a few outfits are sticking with it. One of those determined companies is none other than Microvision, who has today delivered an anticipated update to the device it first showcased during CES 2009 in Las Vegas.

The planet's first laser-based pico projector, which will be called the SHOW WX, is based on its own proprietary PicoP display engine technology. When it was originally launched, there was no firm ship date; now, we're being told that this device should start making its way out into retail within the next several weeks. Microvision is hoping to distribute its accessory pico projector product through three sales channels: OEM branded products, Microvision branded products sold through international distributors and Microvision direct sales through its online store.

Reportedly, this PicoP engine is said to be quite the show-stopper. Rather than stopping at 60" or 80" as most others in this class do, the SHOW WX can project an image as large as 150". It's a plug-and-play unit with TV-out/VGA functionality, but exact specifications are still being withheld. So, is this the device that finally makes you buy into the pico projector? Maybe that depends on the still-unknown price, huh?
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 412
Points 5,250
Lev_Astov replied on Wed, Sep 16 2009 10:23 AM

I wish someone would produce one of these pico projectors that wasn't battery powered, and had a 400+ lumen LED light source. I want to install one in my car to act as the image source for the HUD I want to build.

><((((">Lev Astov

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

It would be cool if these things started popping up in cell phones and stuff.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,652
Points 104,120
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 17 2009 8:59 AM

It's only a matter of time before we see them in Cell phones.

Another gadget to want, it seems.

What's it going to cost me though,......

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS