PNY Extends XLR8 GeForce GTX Series Warranty

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,097
Points 1,183,550
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2009 6:45 PM
If you own a XLR8 GeForce GTX Series graphics card from PNY,the company has some good news for you: It has just extended the standard1-year out of box warranty to a lifetime warranty. You’ll have to register atPNY.com to get the extended warranty, but that’s a minor tradeoff for what you’llget in exchange. Check out the press release below for full details on whichmodels qualify and how you can take advantage of the offer.
PNY Announces New Lifetime Warranty for

XLR8™ GeForce® GTX Series Graphics Cards

Parsippany, NJ – August 20, 2009 – PNY Technologies®, Inc.(“PNY”), a global leader in flash memory cards, USB flash drives, solid statedrives, computer memory upgrade modules, as well as consumer and professionalgraphics cards, will now feature a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the XLR8™GeForce® GTX Series graphics cards.

Starting on September 1st, users will now have a standard1-year out of box warranty, expanded to a lifetime warranty upon registrationat PNY.com.

The Lifetime Warranty will be available only on the PNY XLR8GTX series high-end graphics cards:
  • GTX 295 1792MB
  • GTX 285 1024MB
  • GTX 275 896MB
  • GTX 260 896MB
“Consumers who purchase our XLR8 GTX series graphics cardsare typically gamers seeking stunning graphics performance. Purchasing ahigh-end graphics card is definitely an investment and with our new lifetimewarranty, we’re giving users the peace of mind to play with confidence,” saidNicholas Mauro, senior marketing manager, PC components for PNY.

For more information on PNY’s entire graphics cards line-up,or to learn more about the complete line of products that PNY has to offer,visit www.PNY.com. Forthe gaming enthusiast, visit PNY’s on-line gaming portal at www.XLR8gaming.net.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,405
Jeremy replied on Sat, Aug 22 2009 11:48 AM

I burned through 2 of their 192 core, first gen design GTX 260 cards in less than a year. I wonder if others experienced high failure rates as well. The 216 core 55nm GTX 260 I got as my last warranty replacement has been good so far. :knock on wood:

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

You can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,563
Points 54,725
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Aug 22 2009 11:50 PM

I think a burned out GPU is likely not the card manufacturers fault, so much as NVIDIA's. They all pretty much follow a standard reference design, especially PNY. They make pretty straight-forward cards without big factory overclocks.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
markfran replied on Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:10 AM

I just had an 8800 GTX OC PNY card fail under the 3 year warranty. They sent me a refurbished GTX 260. No Box, no paperwork, only the card in a bubble wrap. I emailed them about this and they jumped all over me and slapped their fine print on me that they were no way under obligation to provide a new card. I don't even know if I can register it. I don't think I can because they say my warranty continues from the first failed card.

Well - the refurbished card is bad after just a couple of days. It artifacts - and the clock speeds
of the card show much slower than they should be  - and cannot be changed without failure. Example... core clock should be 576 - it runs @ 341. Memory is less than half its rated speed and so on.

I Do not trust these people, dont know what they are going to do about this one yet.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS