Nikon Coolpix L100 Mega Zoom Camera Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,186,015
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jul 13 2009 12:43 PM

Don’t be fooled by the Nikon Coolpix L100’s DSLR-like looks. Although the L100 looks like a serious camera that could compete with the functions of a DSLR, it’s really a relatively simple point-and-shoot with a wide angle 15x zoom lens as well as image stabilization, a 3-inch LCD, and a high speed burst shooting mode of 13fps that surpasses that of many cameras.

The L100 is part of Nikon’s Life series of digital cameras that are known for their simple and easy to use functions. As Nikon describes it, the Life series is “Powerfully capable–yet simple, at an entry-level price.” Indeed, the L100 offers plenty of fully automatic controls for the user who wants to simply point and shoot. In fact, unlike a lot of mega zoom cameras on the market today, the L100 was designed for fully automatic use and doesn’t offer many manual controls at all. Click the link below and check it out...

Nikon Coolpix L100 Mega Zoom Camera Review

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,540
JeffB replied on Mon, Jul 13 2009 2:55 PM

Wow, this day and age there is no excuse for not supporting rechargeable batteries.  Major oversight in my opinion.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Mippw replied on Thu, Aug 13 2009 10:19 AM

Well now with the latest firmware upgrade it's supported I use ordenary "lowpriced" rechargeables even though i guess they would like me to use their own brand :-)

Works really well and a big improvement from the non rechargeable ones

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

I have a Nikon P-90 with a 24X super zoom. Cool

It uses a rechargeable battery and is overall a very nice point and shoot camera. Yes

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:50 PM

The 15X zoom is anemic at best. My Nikon Coolpix P90 has a 24X zoom, (647MM) and now Nikon has just released the Coolpix P100 with an incredible 26X zoom lens and full HD recording too. It's a $400.00 bite out of your wallet, but I'm sure that it's worth every penny of that. Just like my P90 was when I got it.

Here's the P100 Page

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 10

My friend is planning to purchase this camera. I suggest him for bit lower but he is not ready with. Though the purpose of his is normal usage. The feature of the looks like the camera is made for expert photographers. I am happy with my sony and really love it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS