Active Media Debuts Predator GT SATA II SSDs

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,388
Points 1,192,390
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jun 25 2009 10:05 AM

As the solid state drive expands further, we've got yet another company stepping in to grab a slice of the sweet, lucrative pie. Hitting just days after Super Talent's own MasterDrive SX line, Active Media's new Predator GT SSDs sound pretty menacing, and they should perform quite admirably. In fact, the company is announcing two new drives, the 64GB and 128GB Predator GT SATA-II.

Both units promise to deliver 220MB/sec sequential reads and 0.1ms access times, and each come housed in a brushed aluminum housing and a mounting bracket for placing in a 3.5" bay. The 64GB Predator GT has sequential write rates of up to 120MB/sec, while the 128GB version takes it to 200MB/sec. Each one also includes 128MB of SDRAM, an 8-channel controller and price tags of $199.95 and $369.99 for the 64GB and 128GB models, respectively.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,838
Points 45,830
rapid1 replied on Sat, Jun 27 2009 2:01 PM

I am so glad the largest hardware performance bottle neck (hard drives) is finally being addressed. With more and more competitors, and devices from existing and new ones. The device pace of equipment being put to market is sooner or later (sooner I think) going to make these devices common place.

These raises in performance levels market wide as well as the comparative performance levels. Including of course the memory and CPU manufacturers as well as the MB side of things has been being addressed quite vigorously for years.

Now that this is in place to maybe software makers can get off there butt's and give us something (ray tracing and enhance virtual computing as two things) that can make use of the hardware more completely.

I see software as the true hold back now that the hardware across the board is or is becoming so much more capable. Think about it with the new wireless standards coming into play, in about 3 years at least the mobility of all this will continue to grow. So in 5 years complete performance wireless communication will be the norm for everything.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

rapid1:

I am so glad the largest hardware performance bottle neck (hard drives) is finally being addressed. With more and more competitors, and devices from existing and new ones. The device pace of equipment being put to market is sooner or later (sooner I think) going to make these devices common place.

These raises in performance levels market wide as well as the comparative performance levels. Including of course the memory and CPU manufacturers as well as the MB side of things has been being addressed quite vigorously for years.

Now that this is in place to maybe software makers can get off there butt's and give us something (ray tracing and enhance virtual computing as two things) that can make use of the hardware more completely.

I see software as the true hold back now that the hardware across the board is or is becoming so much more capable. Think about it with the new wireless standards coming into play, in about 3 years at least the mobility of all this will continue to grow. So in 5 years complete performance wireless communication will be the norm for everything.

You've pretty much said it all.  As I stated in another thread, I'm impressed with all the innovation in ssd's now.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS