This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,835
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Apr 23 2009 10:21 PM

OCZ Technology Announces the Z-Drive PCI-Express SSD for Enthusiasts
with up to One Terabyte of Storage

San Jose, Calif.—April 23, 2009—OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and computer components, today unveiled the Z-Drive, a PCI-Express based SSD solution designed to meet the stringent demands of enthusiast computing environments and high-end workstations. First debuted at Cebit 2009 in Germany, the Z-Drive is the latest premium solid state storage solution from OCZ.

“It is our goal to deliver tailored SSD solutions for the complete spectrum of high performance applications,” said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. “Designed for ultra high performance consumers, the Z-Drive takes the SATA bottleneck out of the equation by employing the ultra fast PCI-Express architecture with a RAID controller and four Vertex controllers configured in four-way RAID 0 within an all-in-one product, making this solution ideal for applications that put a premium on both storage performance and maximum capacity.”

OCZ continues to develop its enthusiast storage solutions that provide incredible speeds and higher storage capacities that rival conventional hard drives. The Z-Drive is based on cutting-edge PCI Express architecture that breaks through the performance barriers previously found with SATA interface. Offering a truly enthusiast grade storage upgrade from traditional hard disc drives, OCZ’s Z-Drive utilizes a combined 256MB of local cache and an onboard RAID controller, to provide a complete solution in a compact form factor. The OCZ Z-Drives offer space and cost-savings that uses significantly less power thanks to the benefits of high-quality flash-based storage in an integrated total-solution.

The OCZ Z-Drive is the result of the latest breakthroughs in technology building on the advantages of flash-based storage, delivering incredible performance that translates to professional-class data storage enthusiasts have come to expect from OCZ’s premium offerings. These next-generation drives feature exceptional speeds up to 510MB/s read and 480MB/s write, all while delivering lowered power consumption, ultra-fast data access, superior durability, and lower cost per ownership compared to conventional hard drives when factoring in the need for multiple drives and a separate RAID controller. In configurations of 250GB, 500GB, and massive 1TB capacities and priced aggressively to be within reach of high end consumers, the OCZ Z-Drive offers ample room to create a high performance storage array for enthusiast high performance systems.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

News:
the Z-Drive takes the SATA bottleneck out of the equation
Thats something I didn't expect to see anyone say for a long time.

News:
These next-generation drives feature exceptional speeds up to 510MB/s read and 480MB/s write
Drool

I really want to pick up on of OCZ Vertex SSDs, but with such awesome stuff around the corner it is hard to make the jump knowing that it will be out of date in less than a year.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,071
Points 37,990
acarzt replied on Fri, Apr 24 2009 8:14 AM

I wonder how much this will cost. Sounds pretty sweet!

Core i7 920|EVGA X58|GTX 660 TI & 460se for PHYSX|2x30GB Vertex RAID0|5x1.5TB RAID5

-- Certifications --

CompTIA A+; CompTIA Network+ ; CompTIA Security+; Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP); Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator(MCSA); Microsoft Certified Sysems Engineer(MCSE); Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA); Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP); Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA);

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Apr 24 2009 6:41 PM

One arm and my other leg,.........(first leg went for a MMX processor)LOL!

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Fri, Apr 24 2009 11:39 PM

so wait it is it essentially 4 drives and a raid controler on 1 card that make this thing up? thats how I read it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,371
Points 80,285

What? is this the coolest thing I have ever seen for storage? Yes, I think it is....

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS