The Beatles: Rock Band to Have Unreleased Tracks

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,727
Points 1,209,070
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 13 2009 10:53 AM
The Beatles: Rock Band video game, which is scheduled to release on Sept. 9, will include previously unreleased tracks, according to a statement by Dhani Harrison, son of the late George Harrison.

In an interview with Billboard, Dhani Harrison said that the game will include "stuff that has never been heard, never been released," although he said he could not reveal specifics.

He also added that it was he who sold the ideas to the various partners. This is in fact the first foray for The Beatles (as opposed to individual members) into the digital marketplace; Beatles music has never been available via iTunes or any other music etailer site.
"I took the project to Apple (Corps, multimedia corporation founded in January 1968 by The Beatles) and sort of convinced everybody to have a presentation. My job description is ... being enthusiastic. We've been working on it for the past two years. This is the first one that is going to be totally, historically accurate. It's been a real headache, but it's been the most enjoyable work I've done in my life."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Fri, Mar 13 2009 9:49 PM

It's such a shame that they couldn't have released this game back when some of the Beatles' fans were still alive.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

I guess this may still make them some money.

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

3vi1:

It's such a shame that they couldn't have released this game back when some of the Beatles' fans were still alive.

Hey Im a Beatles fan and Im still alive. Well at least for now!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Mar 14 2009 12:11 PM

There may be a few exceptions. :)

I really find it hard to believe that this will meet the expectations they seem to have for sales... Think about how old your average hard-core Beatles fan is nowadays (mid 50's? older?); these are people that were just old enough to have missed becoming videogame addicts in the late 70's and 80's.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong by selling to a lot of grandparents for gifting purposes...

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

I know what it's like to be dead.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

The hardcore Beatles fans I know are all between 20 and 40.   What's age got to do with it?  It's the music that makes them interesting.  Beneath everything they were a tight live rock band at their core and the first to go global without the internet.   

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

3vi1:

Hey wait a minute one of us is alive! LOL well right at the moment. Im might have to check this out for at least curiosity. But yeah I,ll always be a Beatles Fan! I guess that just tell all of you how much of an old timer I am. Might be the oldest here never checked.

Here Im am hard at work on my Rig! No im not DEAD just taking a little nap!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

lol

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

Let it Bii

Let it Bii