Garmin Releases Screenshots of nüvifone

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,801
Points 1,163,625
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jan 2 2009 12:24 PM

Garmin nüvifoneIt’s been nearly a year since Garmin announced the nüvifone. And while the phone still isn’t out, Garmin is providing us with a nice handful of screen shots, perhaps as a final sneak peek before CES. If you’ll recall, the nüvifone is Garmin’s first combination GPS/phone device. Commercials such as the one below have definitely gotten us excited about the device, but we have to admit, we’re growing a bit impatient.

Hopefully these new screenshots mean that the nüvifone is one step closer to a final release.

Home

Google Local

Web Broswer

Calendar

Email

Navigation

For the rest of the screenshots, go

here.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 2,540
JeffB replied on Fri, Jan 2 2009 2:59 PM

Damn, that's a sweet looking phone. Ever since I got my Nuvi 205W, I've done nothing but rave about it. I use it all the time and was even able to find my property link markers using Longitude and Latitude coordinates. To have the features rolled into a sleek phone is even better. Definitely keeping this one on my radar.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

Looks like a phone with alot of features! Although if its ever released here, mobile data will cost a fortune!

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Looks very clean. Can't wait to see some more about it. I need a new phone.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

What exactly does this thing do that is revolutionary? I've seen the screenshots and watched the video and read other things about the phone, but I don't see anything that other platforms aren't doing. If this had come out two years ago, it would have been revolutionary. As it is, it just looks like another attempt at chasing the iPhone and similar devices.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

David McElroy:

What exactly does this thing do that is revolutionary? I've seen the screenshots and watched the video and read other things about the phone, but I don't see anything that other platforms aren't doing. If this had come out two years ago, it would have been revolutionary. As it is, it just looks like another attempt at chasing the iPhone and similar devices.

I think its more Evolutionary than anything else. Looks like a cool device and turn by turn GPS is something the iPhone does not have.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

One very obvious revolutionary function is that is has an actual GPS which means you don't have to be within cell phone range to use it. The GPS function from Goggle Maps are useless unless you are able to connect to a network. Try that while driving anywhere outside of a major city.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS