Intel Need A Tech Makeover Winners Announced

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,161
Points 1,185,430
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Dec 17 2008 8:59 AM

Earlier this quarter, we teamed up with Intel and our publicist, Federated Media, in an effort to hold a very special sort of contest and promotion called "Need A Tech Makeover".  The contest allowed us to give back to the community and help out three deserving people whose lives were desperately in need of a technology face-lift.  These three lucky winners would each be awarded $5,000 worth of new desktops and notebooks based on Intel Centrino 2 and Core 2 technology, as well as all the required peripherals to take full advantage of all their new computing horsepower.  Recently, we announced our three lucky winners, a small town Performing Arts group called Steps Off Broadway, a stage 4 cancer survivor, Christine from South Carolina, and Susan from Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm.

Today, we are proud to unveil the LIVE Tech Makeover action for all three winners!  It was such a great experience meeting these three very interesting and gracious people.  They all have very cool stories to tell.  We were honored to have the opportunity to get to know them all and to help make their worlds a little more connected.  In this season of giving, we offer a sincere, heart-felt THANKS to Intel for making it all possible and to our winners for telling us their stories and letting us makeover their lives with a little tech home cookin'  - HotHardware style.  Enjoy! 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

I have only seen Christines video so far, but Wow guys awesome stuff.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,359
Points 48,655
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Wed, Dec 17 2008 11:27 AM

Thanks! This was a really fun thing to be a part of.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

Looked like fun guy! Hope it was a much fun for you two as it was for the winners.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,617
Points 32,625
ice91785 replied on Thu, Dec 18 2008 1:09 AM

Watched all the videos tonight -- gotta say you guys are awesome! How much time on average did you spend at each place? The 2nd winner seems like his setup would have taken a full day or two....but maybe I am underestimated HH admin ninja skillz?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

That was cool and it seemed like you had fun doing it.Makes you feel good great job Dave and Marco!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,359
Points 48,655
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Dec 18 2008 10:26 AM

Dave and I spent a few hours crawling around under desks and routing wires that day--be we did it in a single day.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 5,500

All the videos came out great, but of course I have my prejudice. You guys did a fantastic job, thanks again!

This is my Sig. There are many like it but this one is mine.

OIIIIIIIIO

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 508
Points 7,860
peti1212 replied on Wed, Dec 24 2008 1:25 AM

Wow, nice to see happy faces esspecially during holiday season. Great job you guys! :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS