Teen Commits Suicide on Justin.TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,721
Points 1,208,890
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Nov 21 2008 1:22 PM

A 19-year-old has apparently committed suicide while filming himself on the online live-video streaming service Justin.TV. According to NewTeeVee, not only has the suicide been confirmed, but he was apparently egged on by commenters at both Justin.TV and BodyBuilding.com.

Abraham K. Biggs killed himself on camera Wednesday night. His handle was CandyJunkie on the Bodybuilding.com forum and Feels Like Ecstasy on Justin.TV. According to reports, he posted a suicide note on the Bodybuilding.com forum, but strangely (suspiciously), that forum is down for "maintenance."

The suicide note was cross-posted to this forum, however.

At that point, Biggs turned on his Justin.TV channel, took the pills and laid down to go to sleep on his bed, in front of all. Watchers evetually became concerned, and called the Broward County Sheriff's Department, who broke down the door (video below, may be disturbing to some) before covering up the camera.

NewTeeVee confirmed Biggs' death with the Broward County medical examiner.

While not explicitly related to cyberbullying, it's truly ironic that this occurred on the same day that the Megan Meier MySpace Suicide case against Lori Drew commenced.

It's sad. His Facebook page seems to be one of a good person, one dedicated to his friends. His note on the FP says:
Hi there, Mr. Biggs speaking. I'm a good hearted guy, I care a lot about my friends and my family and I would do almost anything for them. I'm the kind of person that is there for my friends regardless of time, I tell all my friends even if it's 3-4AM and they need someone to talk that they can always call and I'll never turn them away.
It's unfortunate no one took his posts and threats seriously; since he was lying there for hours he might have been saved.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,370
Points 20,925
ice_73 replied on Fri, Nov 21 2008 2:26 PM

this happened so many times before. i remember reading about this one guy who was chatting with his friends and was bragging about his high tolerance of drugs and just took so many, and mixed so many that he got knocked out and was dieing, his friend didnt call 911 cause they didnt want to get in trouble, he died. then another time this guy hung himself also while using a webcam (i think it was in england...). it seems that the internet is too much of a mask, that there are 9 year old assholes who are just on to annoy and disterb others, that when people actually mean to do something people assume they are just looking for attention.

this is sad... though i wonder if the pills we took were mdma :p

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

It's very sad to see a tool like the internet used in that way  :(

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

In a post I read it says that some people even encouraged him to take his life! Who in their right mind would do that.JUst a tragic loss of life!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

This is just sad. No

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

Im just curious how does someone justify in their own mind coaching some one to take their life!?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 6,135
jtm55 replied on Fri, Nov 21 2008 7:15 PM

Hi All

It's always tragic when somone chooses suicide, especially when someone young chooses it. 19yrs old. The kid hadn't began his life. Sad.

ASUS Z7S WS

EVGA 295 GTX

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 RAID 5

Intel Xeon E5420 Harpertown

HT Omega Claro

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX

mushkin 6GB 3 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Harmon Kardon HK 3490 W/ Energy RC 10

LG W3000H-Bn

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07

Plextor PX 755 SA

Windows 7 Ultimate

Areca ARC-1210

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,677
Points 24,005

Ugh, depressing news. He should have sought real help instead of posting on the internet though.

Hello

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Bender1001 replied on Sat, Nov 22 2008 12:34 PM

Them coaching him to do this was just disguisting and unacceptable in my book

Nobody doing anything after the fact sounds like a case of plurastic ignorance to the situation. Not saying it's an excuse for what they did, but can understand why it went down the way it did after they realized what was happening.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Many parents are facing various problems because of their troubled teens and their behavior problems. Troubled teens wilderness programs mainly designed to helping troubled and defiant teens to overcome their behavioral and emotional problems.

http://www.restoreteens.com/

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS