rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,369
Points 1,192,115
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Nov 19 2008 7:48 PM

Kanguru Solutions Releases First Of Its Kind eSATA + USB Flash Drive

November 19, 2008 09:17 AM Eastern Time - MILLIS, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kanguru Solutions, announces the release of the Kanguru e-Flash™, a cutting edge flash drive with both eSATA and USB connectivity.

Utilizing eSATA (External Serial ATA) technology allows the Kanguru e-Flash to achieve performance speeds never before obtainable with standard USB Flash Drives. This performance, coupled with large storage capacities means the Kanguru e-Flash can handle any application or data file, regardless of size. In addition to eSATA, it also contains a USB2.0 connection for universal connectivity to virtually any computer.

The Kanguru e-Flash has a powered eSATA connection so it doesn’t require any additional power source. It also comes packaged with an eSATA + Power bracket and an eSATA + Power cable for easy hookup to the computer you use it on most. Capacities are available in 16GB or 32GB with 64GB planned for January 2009.

“We’ve combined the fastest connectivity with the most universal connection for the best of both worlds,” said Nate Cote, VP of Product Management at Kanguru Solutions. “The ultra-fast transfer speed, high capacity and small size combine to make it a great portable solution for users that want the next generation of unbelievable performance.”

The Kanguru e-Flash comes preloaded with Hotswap!™ software for easy and safe eSATA connection and ejection. The drive also has a high-strength aluminum housing that can be custom engraved for customer wanting to personalize or brand their drives.

A division of Interactive Media Corporation, Kanguru Solutions has been manufacturing cutting edge flash drives, hard drive, DVD and USB duplicators as well as high quality, portable computer storage and security peripherals for over fifteen years. Interactive Media Corp. was established in Massachusetts in 1992. For more information on Kanguru Solutions, visit their website at www.kanguru.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Why are this just now coming out. eSATA speeds from a flash drive. Epic! I must have one.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

USB 3.0 will be fast enough to make something like this pointless IMO.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

recoveringknowitall:

USB 3.0 will be fast enough to make something like this pointless IMO.

Yeah, but when USB 2.0 came out you never really it was not clearly labeled. Heck even my SLVR has usb 1.1. I it's only a year old. I didn't know that untill I brought it home and found out it took 10 times as long to add songs to that as it did my Ipod. Although I don't think this will catch on as most off the shelf PCs dont have eSATA.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

USB 3.0 FTW!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

recoveringknowitall:

USB 3.0 FTW!!!

Well played sir. USB 3.0 FTW  Big Smile

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Points 2,845
shanewu replied on Thu, Nov 20 2008 5:04 PM

I think this is cool...glad to see someone in the flash drive space innovating.

Yes, USB 3.0 will be nice but WHEN???? When will it be finalized as a standard, when will it be on mobos, when will it be on front connectors of cases??? It could be a while...

"Everyone always wants new things. Everybody likes new inventions, new technology. People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me, the choice is easy." - Michael Scott (The Office)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 42,815

shanewu:
WHEN????
Relevant question, but my point was the fact that it is inevitable.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS