Shortcuts

Vista Ultimate 64 and Memory

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,785
nhwynter Posted: Thu, Nov 13 2008 12:07 PM

I am currently running Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 GB (2x2) of memory.  I happened to see the exact same memory on sale at Newegg for 55.99 plus a $20 rebate.  I was wondering if having 8 GB in Vista is worth it or not.

Thanks in advace.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

depending on what applicaton you run. it helps. My room mate has 8 becsue he runs a few large applications such as Photo shop and a few other ones. he also records tv and has a few other applicatons running. I think at peak he consumes about 6-7 gigs. It all depends on your application, so if you rarely max out the 4 gigs you have now then i would say no, but if you do then why not.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,794
Points 28,475

Der Meister:

depending on what applicaton you run. it helps. My room mate has 8 becsue he runs a few large applications such as Photo shop and a few other ones. he also records tv and has a few other applicatons running. I think at peak he consumes about 6-7 gigs. It all depends on your application, so if you rarely max out the 4 gigs you have now then i would say no, but if you do then why not.

I agree but on the other hand in re: to cost, performance, and future proofing, annnnnd if  you can afford it why not! It doesnt hurt to have a couple xtra gigs of ram in your tool box!Yes

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS